Passive expert skills should need hotbar!

Crystana

As far as i know the point for a hotbar of just 9 slots was, that players would have to customize their hotbar and arent able to use all skills at the same time. With the new passive expert skills came a great imbalance to this issue:

- Passive expert skills dont need a slot in the hotbar

This leads to the situation, that some classes are able to use all of their skills at once (barbarian), while others have to choose. So basically some classes possess more skills than other!

There are 3 ways to fix this problem:

1. Passive sxpert skills need to be in hotbar to be active.

2. All classes get the same number of passive expert skills

3. Larger number of slots in hotbar

Number 1 would not oppose to the initial thought of a selected number of skills to use to customize your character, and would probably be easier to implement.

Number 2 needs more effort and has the same problem like the initial change of active to passive skills: Chars dont have to choose anymore but can just use all skills, some even without energy expense or activation time.

Number 3 devs already said wont gonna happen.

So my suggestion is Nr. 1 :)

Edited by Crystana

Any thoughts on that? :-/ I think its a pretty big issue that some classes have 2 more skills to use than others... And it contradicts what i know about the purpose of restricted hotbar slots. Like Roland said:

You should create a perfect build of your own, not just using all the skills in a time.

Edited by Crystana

You are right about passive skills giving advantage over other classes, however in my opinion the classes who got passive skills now deserved to get them because they were weaker than the others (with exception of BD who already had 5 powerful experts and now got free damage increase).

Edited by nabnecro

This customization of skills bs was only introduced (no matter what they or anyone says) because they were supporting old rundown platforms like symbian and windows phone which still used physical keypads. Now thats gone im not sure why its still like that >.

Either way, passive skills are fine as they are. They will keep on adding more active/passive skills until the point where everyone has ro decide what skills to use.