Dealing damage

Vanhelsing

Question

Which things (attributes) affect the damage per hit that we deal? I have 750 physical attack and over 250 penetration with my blade dancer and my friend (druid) has only half of the penetration attribute and less than 650 physical attack, but he regularly hits 50-60 and me only around 40 always. The only difference is that I have low critical hit 52, and he 260. So, is critical hit really affecting the damage so much, not only the best hits, but also the regular ones?

15 answers to this question

staves hasn't a phys damage parameter, now it atacks fire, lightning, ice etc. And other weapon types atack only phys. If i understand you right.

@van

There are parameters that stay hidden according to the class.

For instant Druid's and Ranger's damage more than Bladedancer although their total attack lower.

I agree with Weend's opinion for Druids because the attack was magic based, and for Ranger imo boost by nature penetration by the bow type weapon.

Now I am very curious and waiting for the two handed sword that come with 603 attack, will it can do devastating damage like other class? If so, the bladedancer will become monster with good damage, good defense, and good tanker  :yahoo:

Be patient my mighty friend

Yeah, I mean druids deal more damage than blade dancers, and when skills come, will they be killing machines then. In each rpg warriors (in this case blade dancers and barbarians) do the most physical damage. I increase attack damage and penetration, but again it's quite weak.

Yeah, they got more hp and higher regeneration rate, but their normal attack is quite low, even with high physical attack value. I don't know if high critical hit attribute would change much.

I tried to test with Vic the ranger killing thunder bird, he did 55 damage average, me 40 damage average but higher hit rate (30% faster).

The result is a tie in time. He kill in 5 hits, me in 6 hits but finish in the same time.

But...for long fight I done bigger cumulative damage than he did cause of higher dps.

Again, but...the ranger do critical at 80-110 damage in one hit that force me to do 2 critical hits.

About critical chance mine is 6.7% but if use all my gears become 7.2% and do damage about 60 very often.

So, the conclusion is critical chance is essential.

But when it come the two handed sword skill available its a different story

Ok. You hit 70 very often then. And your normal hits, do they stay 40 or do they also increase. And in what way do you think the two handed sword will make a difference? It will be quite slower, but it's attack power isn't much greater than two normal swords. For instance, it will add only 30 points to my physical attack.

Stats are still messed up, just like physical defense. Critical hits appear more often than it's in % value. And no, you can't be that lucky all the time.

As I said in other thread that there are hidden statistic.

I agree about 2h sword 30% slower and 30 additional attack is not increase the damage much.

But, lets analyze that BD left sword damage always reduce by 50% compare if put in the right hand.

In this case 2h sword swing by 2h together should be much stronger. Then if do critical its an "ouch"

Imo only

Definitely agree damage potential is decreased and if im not mistaken bladedancer is is supposed to be offense to barbarians defense not sure who would win given current parameters and lack of pvp

Take what slay said into real world. In japanese swordfighting a two  hand sword approach to swordfighting is unique although advantageous in blocking and attking it lacks the devastating power of a two handed strike. The speed increase is minimal.  So with my one sword held with two hands i could easily break through ur sword, or remove it frm ur hands. Cancelling ur defence.srry for rambling but ill leave u with this the sword technique is usually found in kendo :aggressive:  so hopefully bd two handed sword is stronger.