"High Summoning" Charmer's key talent needs a slight fix.

Mike

There's a talent for charmer that not many use since most charmers often go for other branches, most notably "Fearsome Horde" 2dogs.PNG.664221c6eb6a19915feff0c31cf89fac.PNG(2x Dog per call use talent branch) or in some rare cases the "Spawn of Gloom"Bird1.PNG.3e00e6503abfcac7c158c55cbb5fc38d.PNG(The new summon that replaces bird) which on it's own needs a rework. But im not going  to be talking about that in this topic, instead. I'll be talking about the least used branch, "Triune". Which to me, seems to be the best charmer staff support branch out of the three. But unfortunately one of the key talents, "High Summoning" functions in a really weird way, especially if you will be using it solely for staff. Doubt any charmer would ever use mace in this branch as the "Fearsome Horde" tree branch is far better and more suited for a mace playstyle. Nonetheless, the "High summoning" talent makes it so that your Chaotic Assistance (Bird) gets a buff (For 18 seconds, the birds get a 15% attack speed buff and a 10% Penetration buff) after using the "Summoner Skill"

Screen3.PNG.bb0fe086d3ab477968cd92ae8fa82585.PNG

Here's a simplified explanation of the issue.

Example 1:

SS1.PNG.e72e2002689b34ae5f8e556023f63983.PNGIn this image, there's no dog(Call) in the location, which means SS2.PNG.3a68ca5f30f989a4494325ee2007ab72.PNG< Becomes unusable.

Example 2:

SSS1.PNG.b9b421b75602215d540a0674d85d9480.PNG In here, we can see that there is a dog in the location, which makes the skillSSS2.PNG.58e8069d49160fa33674b96ddc391afc.PNG< Usable.

The issue is, to be able to use "Summoner skill" you will need have a dog Dog.PNG.939e53f612b6a86ce20d4cea879d2763.PNG down for you to be able to use the "Summoner skill"Summoning.PNG.c2d9db59717fba52fbeddace80092dd8.PNG meaning that you will be forced to sacrifice a dog in order for you to be able to buff your birds in exchange any damage dealer or an enemy with high Lifesteal parameter can make use of that dog that you spawned in to heal themselves from killing your dog that basically does 0 damage if you're on a magic damage build, just because you cannot use the "Summoning skill" since it is unusable without a dog(Call) in your location. A swift and slight fix  to this would be that anyone who has "High Summoning"Summoner1.PNG.2fc44fd1ff873cb3610c660ad4ee651e.PNG key talent tree unlocked, would have the option to be able to use the "Summoning Skill" whenever a Chaotic AssistanceBird.PNG.24094ca95025c10f58b479020319c68c.PNG is active, instead of  the older requirement of needing a dogDog.PNG.939e53f612b6a86ce20d4cea879d2763.PNG to be in your location.

Thanks for reading!:duc1ky:

Edited by Mike

i agree the skill should be usable without the need of placing a dog specially since staff build don't support the leveling of dogs skill thus having the dogs at low hp and defence making them more of a life line for the enemy to life steal off of

Edited by Abi

2 minutes ago, Abi said:

i disagree charmer is very broken need nerf in dmg heal and stuns LTG

Big agree with this guy. Charmer's broken. 

5 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Big agree with this guy. Charmer's broken. 

idk who that guy is or where he said that but hes speaking wisdom 

Edited by Abi

My suggestion to remake “summoner skills” and add invisible for Summons, usually in pvps everyone atk the summon of charmer and get steal life or by aoe even when his hp 1000 after use aoe dmg will restore 4k hp by steal life so please just think about it its unfair. If summons can be invisible or aoe doesn’t work against summons it will be fair.

f89f0252-5e34-4774-b70a-7d390c0aded9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Alexander-8 said:

My suggestion to remake “summoner skills” and add invisible for Summons, usually in pvps everyone atk the summon of charmer and get steal life or by aoe even when his hp 1000 after use aoe dmg will restore 4k hp by steal life so please just think about it its unfair. If summons can be invisible or aoe doesn’t work against summons it will be fair.

f89f0252-5e34-4774-b70a-7d390c0aded9.jpeg

I don't think making the summons invisible will help as once they are out of stealth, they will be 1 shotted, but instead. Maybe add damage reduction to them or make them as tanky as beastmaster's summon that has a lot of hp and def. Biggest issue with charmer's summons right now is how fast they die, especially after every class now does a lot of damage. 3K-3.8K dog hp is not enough anymore for them to live long, even with 4/4 demonic pact they still die pretty fast. But I agree that something needs to happen as charm does no damage other than summons, and without summons it's useless.

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

They might benefit from using a defensive stat such as Resilience. 

They do already, but sadly it's not enough as the summons themselves have almost no physical/magical defense stat to them.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:33 PM, Mike said:

I don't think making the summons invisible will help as once they are out of stealth, they will be 1 shotted, but instead. Maybe add damage reduction to them or make them as tanky as beastmaster's summon that has a lot of hp and def. Biggest issue with charmer's summons right now is how fast they die, especially after every class now does a lot of damage. 3K-3.8K dog hp is not enough anymore for them to live long, even with 4/4 demonic pact they still die pretty fast. But I agree that something needs to happen as charm does no damage other than summons, and without summons it's useless.

It will help & it will be fair, because if the skills will make summoner hit ur enemies but ur enemies can’t attack ur summons until duration ur skills + summoner should support Exhausting Heat.