Should I Even Continue To Invest My Time And Money?

Malik Campbell

Good day everyone, It has been a while since I've been on here, and who knows it could be my last when I've made my final decision. I remember back in late 2015 when I started playing the game, it was at its peak (in terms of player count of course), now compare it to today, and yikes, but to be honest the game has gone through great improvements throughout the years that helped players progress through the game faster, but were these improvements implemented too late? Here's what I think, Back then experienced players (The ones who are still here or ones who quit playing) would say here on the forum "Grind and Farm", people who are f2P and those who occasionally throw 10 dollars at the game would reply with "But the process for both is very long that the fun in the game disappears due to little progress being made for us to reach our goal to buy better gear to move forward in the game", then the experienced player(s) replied back with " That's how it is, the process takes YEARS for you to reach where you should, it will be WORTH IT" :huh:, let me tell you something, most people will not feel motivated to play a game to progress to current content (at the time) that takes YEARS to reach without wiping out their credit or debit card, were is the FUN in that? And I wasn't the only one on this boat because of this, the game population slowly decreased and because of this, the game gained a rep for being "P2W" or "P2P" (pay to progress) leading up to this very day. The Devs finally released an update that made the grind finally worth it, gold is dropped by mobs, Map 1 (Mountain Clans and Firstborns, the other two races are just walking and more walking) and Map 2 are (IMO) fun to play through now, Map 1 DGs are easier, fun and rewarding than ever before, couple days ago I came across a post on this forum saying that people are "taking advantage" of the Map 1 DGs which to me is not true and if that's really true, make the Devs take farming out of the game I dare you. Even though these changes made things easier and far more enjoyable the thing that saddens me is that these changes didn't come earlier. Before the changes, the game was unbearable when it came to earning gold, but the gameplay, story, and art style I couldn't get enough of, caused me to take multiple hiatuses since 2017 to the day they released the update that changed many things, waiting for the devs to make the game more enjoyable via updates. Many times I wondered to myself "Would the game still be popular if the update came earlier?" or "What if the Devs listened more to the F2P players?" because if you didn't know, F2P people are potential customers who would play a game for some time and if they like the product they'd start purchasing in-game products supporting the game they started to love (even I started to purchase Miracle Coins), but for Warspear, many didn't enjoy it and left it for better products that offer better experiences and respects their time. What I see now is a dying game, the game population is very low and might be getting lower too, I remember trying out the Sentinel Faction which has the most players but they aren't as helpful as the other side that I've decided to pledge myself to The Legion, even though their numbers are small they are helpful by far compared to the sentinels. I'm losing faith that the game can ever bounce back from its ever slowly decline, feeling like the money I put into it might be all for nothing and that I shouldn't purchase anything more in the future and feeling like my time invested in it isn't worth it and that I should stop playing, thinking I should leave the game for good and move onto something greater before the Devs pull the life support plug on us.

I can relate but for me making gold is difficult and it takes forever. Same repeated activities nothing new. Makes me wonder sometimes do I still need to play this but then I realise I have invested time in it. So I keep on going.

Edited by Ancient One

Your concerns about the game's declining population and the impact of late updates on player motivation are valid. It's unfortunate when changes that could improve the player experience come too late. The balance between free-to-play and pay-to-progress models is crucial for a game's success. It's essential for developers to listen to the player base and adapt accordingly. If you're considering moving on to other experiences, it's completely understandable. Your time and investment should be valued, and you should focus on what brings you joy and satisfaction. As a graduation gift, I hope you find new and exciting gaming experiences or activities that bring you enjoyment and fulfillment.:no:

Edited by rutherkip

17 hours ago, Ancient One said:

I can relate but for me making gold is difficult and it takes forever. Same repeated activities nothing new. Makes me wonder sometimes do I still need to play this but then I realise I have invested time in it. So I keep on going.

Even if it means the population gets smaller?

On 10/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, Malik Campbell said:

Even if it means the population gets smaller?

The population of the game fluctuates. Its mostly carried by events such as Horror or by massive updates like Almahad. 

The main issue with the game js that older players don't often help newbies. 

But regarding what the post is actually about is that well- it's up to you. 

We cannot say you should or you shouldn't. It's solely up to you as it's your money and you decide if you want to or not. 

As someone who also returned after years away, I can say that that you can still play free, especially since ayvondil t1 and t2 dungeons are not required for progression. It's much easier to grind for things than when original maps were being made, especially with dungeons in 1st maps. Plus all the things you can get for free. Honestly the only issue on an overall basis is the daily knowledge cap on quests.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:55 PM, wolfdragon99 said:

As someone who also returned after years away, I can say that that you can still play free, especially since ayvondil t1 and t2 dungeons are not required for progression. It's much easier to grind for things than when original maps were being made, especially with dungeons in 1st maps. Plus all the things you can get for free. Honestly the only issue on an overall basis is the daily knowledge cap on quests.

I wish the changes came sooner when the game was at its peak, instead of when things started to go downhill.

8 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

I wish the changes came sooner when the game was at its peak, instead of when things started to go downhill.

It's still fun and we are getting more new players over time. It's just our duty as older players to help them. 

We can see another golden age but it's just up to us to help get there.