Rogue skill setup v2.6

Odin

In anticipation of v2.6 I thought we should update our skill setup.  Assuming cap is still 5 what will your setup be at lvl 20 with 12 points to spend? 

I've thought about this a while with the stealth changes on how to adjust and I think there are really two ways to specialize rogue.

First is the Stealth rogue which will be my setup:

Merc 5 stealth 5 Gouge 3 Dodge 3 Kick 1. 

This setup is all about landing that first hit.  High crit and damage stats in your build is very important.  This setup is optimal for those who are great at landing the out of stealth attack.  There isn't much defense with this setup and with your focus on offense in your build it is tough to keep defense like parry and dodge high.  Don't get caught in the open or you're likely dead fast.  With good tactics though your damage output makes most enemies eat dirt quickly. 

Second is the Battle rogue which I've tested and others have great success with:

Merc 5 Stealth 2 Gouge 4 Dodge 5 Kick 1.  Or

Merc 5 Stealth 4 Gouge 2 Dodge 5  Kick 1

This setup focuses on maximizing defenses so out of stealth you're a tough opponent.  With stealth 3 you still get a decent head start in a fight but with the right equipment (focus on maximizing dodge and parry)  I've heard reports of nearly 40% dodge and 15%+ parry.  Using kick (even lvl 1) will boost those defenses higher.  High gouge takes out adds and this is an all around great setup. 

If you want a pure 1v1 rogue then use battle setup with Kick 2 and stealth 1.  You'll only need stealth mid fight after a gouge and kick being used often can almost always nullify an enemies attack+skill combo if you time it right.  If the duration on kick was longer I'd recommend more points in it for all builds.

What will you do at lvl 20? ;D

great post, so what do points in stealth actually do now? is it stealth length or just damage while in stealth.

Stealth points does affect both damage from stealth and duration.  However even level 5 stealth doesn't let you cycle stealth.  If you go high in stealth its pretty much only for the damage because of the changes to duration.  The problem is with the cooldown so long you only get to use the from stealth attack once per fight.  As long as you have accuracy in your build I'd say this is ok.  If you have a low accuracy build then every time someone dodged your stealth attack its like wasting 4-5 skill points. I'd move those points to dodge and kick to make your rogue a better visible fighter if you have low accuracy.

I dont understand the reason kick is only 1 point, when dodge in 5 point only give u 1 % more,  I thinks this

Merc 5 Stealth 4 Gouge 2 Dodge 4  Kick 2

That's a fair point.  Here's my problem with kick.

1.  It's a very short duration.  Kick 2 might be enough for two hits if you time it exactly with an enemies damage skill+regular hit.  Even then you should probably be using merciless instead of kick at that point in the fight. 

2.  It only works on one target.  Dodge works against every target that attacks you.  Kick only one.

3.  You have to close to melee range to use kick.  Dodge works at range.  Considering that most targets you fight are ranged, this is why I'd rather use higher dodge. 

If you do lots of 1v1 fights or strictly arena then a higher level in kick makes sense.  Ultimately its whatever works best for you that you should use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...