Resillience does not work!

nikictoni

resilience pop up says:

Improves percentage of resilience (Increases chance to avoid critical hit, reduces critical hit damage and damage from other players)

Avoiding critical hit : This part is probably has a math like this (as in world of warcraft): decreases directly critical hit chance of mobs and players

for example :

if I have %22 critical hit chance and the opposition player or mob has %17 resilience, my crit. hit chance directly reduces to 22-17 = %5. Also this is applied to mobs i believe. The problem why ppl doesn't believe it works is "math is math", and there is always a probability of being critically hit even it is 0,001%. It like hitting the jackpot.

Reducing Critical hit damage : This works both in mobs and players. Everyone can easily test it. A normal mob hitting you 45, crits you 90 normally if you have no resilience. I ve 21.4 resilience. 90 x %(100-21.4) = 90 x 0,786 = 71 (rounded up) Critical Damage is reduced as its written on pop up.

and damage from other players : here there is a mistake. it says damage not critical damage. But normal damage done by players is not reduced by resilience. I tested it with my elf friends. I just took of my arena weapons which have resilience. Elf archer hit me 178. I put swords on, he hit me again 178. No change in normal damage taken.

I think that explains all. Resilience works on critical hit chance and damage. Also in world of warcraft resilience was effecting only critical hits. Only mistake i ve seen is the mentioning of "damage from other players" part. It should be "critical damage from player" or no text.

resilience pop up says:

Improves percentage of resilience (Increases chance to avoid critical hit, reduces critical hit damage and damage from other players)

Avoiding critical hit : This part is probably has a math like this (as in world of warcraft): decreases directly critical hit chance of mobs and players

for example :

if I have %22 critical hit chance and the opposition player or mob has %17 resilience, my crit. hit chance directly reduces to 22-17 = %5. Also this is applied to mobs i believe. The problem why ppl doesn't believe it works is "math is math", and there is always a probability of being critically hit even it is 0,001%. It like hitting the jackpot.

Reducing Critical hit damage : This works both in mobs and players. Everyone can easily test it. A normal mob hitting you 45, crits you 90 normally if you have no resilience. I ve 21.4 resilience. 90 x %(100-21.4) = 90 x 0,786 = 71 (rounded up) Critical Damage is reduced as its written on pop up.

and damage from other players : here there is a mistake. it says damage not critical damage. But normal damage done by players is not reduced by resilience. I tested it with my elf friends. I just took of my arena weapons which have resilience. Elf archer hit me 178. I put swords on, he hit me again 178. No change in normal damage taken.

I think that explains all. Resilience works on critical hit chance and damage. Also in world of warcraft resilience was effecting only critical hits. Only mistake i ve seen is the mentioning of "damage from other players" part. It should be "critical damage from player" or no text.

Ty, i was lazy to wright that much. I think u explaned all, there shud be no more confusion here.

Topic closed

resilience pop up says:

for example :

U are right but that formula isnt right. resilence doesnt save tht much health. I think the estimated formula is,,

damage saved = resilence/100 *(Crit hit of enemy - normal hit of enemy)

uhuu guys, slow down please..this is becoming fairly unfriendly environment, so I beg you, please act mature! There are other ways to express your disagreement, a little more sophisticated than insulting each other like lil´kids..

PS: Awww is truly oldschool and respected player on EU, that is a fact.

Little introduction to the EU community ;) Calling each other noob on EU server is not considered as insult, since I know Striderman :D And most of the kids playing EU would tell you that..Actually, an ingame conversation starter sentence "Hello Noobs" is fairly common.. :)

Somehow, it appears to me(maybe it's just me), that you're taking sides, and it isn't very nice of a moderator to be biased. The thing you failed to realise was that Awww ignited the verbal war with his rather rude tone and choice of diction, and that's obviously not gonna please anyone.  Being an oldschool and erm, respected(I don't see why he is, but I'd assume you're right) player does not grant Awww any rights to insult anyone, let alone doing it repeatedly.

Everyone has his or her opinions and assumptions about the reliability of the "Resilience" stat, but is there anyone who has a confirmed and detailed explanation from the developers? I doubt so. You can have your own experiments to prove your hypothesis right, but still, it's only right because you assume it to be so. Hence, I'd suggest people to stop being so assured that their perceived statistics would be 100% accurate, cause it simply isn't so until the devs told you so. Keep sharing your opinions, but please have that realisation that you aren't absolutely certain that you're right, you're just sharing some of your thoughts on the game mechanics.:)

Last but not least, please respect each others' opinions, even if you disagree with them, and refrain from making cynical remarks that's bound to start a verbal war. It's really laughable to see one making a fool out of himself trying his very best to execute the best insult he could achieve. Personally, I'd criticise the one who made the first insult cause it provokes and agitates others to retaliate, resulting in a rather ugly outcome.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I won't get flamed or anything for making this post haha. Peace. :friends:

U are right but that formula isnt right. resilence doesnt save tht much health. I think the estimated formula is,,

damage saved = resilence/100 *(Crit hit of enemy - normal hit of enemy)

i tested on again goblin pilferers. they hit me 47 as normal damage. and crits me 80! damage. i have 13,9 resilience.

my formula was simple = 100 - resilience > 100 - 13,9 = %86,1 of crit damage will be taken by me. 47 x 2 = 94 . 94 is  normal crit damage a goblin pilferer would do on me. but because of my resilience they hit me 94 x 0,861 = 80 (rounded down) maybe misunderstood or i couldnt explain 71 damage mentioned above.  71 above post is the damage taken not the amount of damage reduced.

First of all in your formula it says (Crit hit of enemy - normal hit of enemy). this is equal to normal hit itself because crit hit = 2 x normal hit. No need of subtraction and no need to make a more complex formula. anyway. lets test your formula on my goblin pilferers:

damage reduction = 13,9/100 x (94-47) = 6,5

94 - 6,5 = 88!

but i get damage 80! as in my formula. so you are wrong bro.

Somehow, it appears to me(maybe it's just me), that you're taking sides, and it isn't very nice of a moderator to be biased. The thing you failed to realise was that Awww ignited the verbal war with his rather rude tone and choice of diction, and that's obviously not gonna please anyone.  Being an oldschool and erm, respected(I don't see why he is, but I'd assume you're right) player does not grant Awww any rights to insult anyone, let alone doing it repeatedly.

Last but not least, please respect each others' opinions, even if you disagree with them, and refrain from making cynical remarks that's bound to start a verbal war. It's really laughable to see one making a fool out of himself trying his very best to execute the best insult he could achieve. Personally, I'd criticise the one who made the first insult cause it provokes and agitates others to retaliate, resulting in a rather ugly outcome.

^this.

According to ur formula.. if ur resilence is 20% and other player`s crit is 500! , u should get hurt only 400!. But that doesnt happen. Go and test again using opposite faction player.

i tested on again goblin pilferers. they hit me 47 as normal damage. and crits me 80! damage. i have 13,9 resilience.

my formula was simple = 100 - resilience > 100 - 13,9 = %86,1 of crit damage will be taken by me. 47 x 2 = 94 . 94 is  normal crit damage a goblin pilferer would do on me. but because of my resilience they hit me 94 x 0,861 = 80 (rounded down) maybe misunderstood or i couldnt explain 71 damage mentioned above.  71 above post is the damage taken not the amount of damage reduced.

First of all in your formula it says (Crit hit of enemy - normal hit of enemy). this is equal to normal hit itself because crit hit = 2 x normal hit. No need of subtraction and no need to make a more complex formula. anyway. lets test your formula on my goblin pilferers:

damage reduction = 13,9/100 x (94-47) = 6,5

94 - 6,5 = 88!

but i get damage 80! as in my formula. so you are wrong bro.

..... and other player`s crit is 500! , u should get hurt only 400!. But that doesnt happen. Go and test again using opposite faction player.

crit damage is affected by armor and resilience. how can u be sure that the others normal  crit is 500! on you and you get 400! because of your resilience. it s impossible to know that but mobs have stable crit damage.  i will crit on granite 601, on  full arena set druid 735 and normal mob 787 etc ( these are assumptions).

Also i remember a fight with my partner hinlovebi. He had no resilience and i got 21,4. same druid critted 535 on me and critted hinlo 691. Hinlo had no arena item that time. Anyway i dont think that resilience has different affects on mob damages and player damages. Of course the best explanation would come from developers but seems like they dont care too much about informing us about game mechanics.

I'm still confused about critical that u explaining, in my mind is that resilience is for avoid critical dmg not reducing dmg, so how many times of critical damage is depending on how much % of resilience u have. for example, in normal atk u r being atked 3 times critical of 5 attacks, when u r wearing resilience gears, u just got 1 critical of 5 attacks from enemy.

If resilience is for reducing critical dmg so that is worse, better u increase dodge, parry or block to make 100% no health reducion. But if resilience is for increasing to avoid critical dmg so this is excelent system.

Ex: 3 crits of 5 atks --> 1 crit of 5 atks depends on how much % of resilience.

U got it?