New player needs advice

Ambroas

Hey guys I’m a new player here, just wanted to say that I love the game!  However I have to ask the usual noob questions.  And yes I can use search and I’m reading older stuff, I just saw there was an update and I’m not sure what advice is before/after the update so here we go!

1-      In your opinion which class is good to start with?  By that I don’t mean overpowered, fun, or care what side it’s on.  I want to know what class can solo, pvp, doesn’t need a high lvl char providing gear for it, and one I could possibly stick with for a long time.  I’m using a paladin (good def, heal, ok dmg from watching other people my lvl) right now to explore the game and learn things but I’m not against starting new and on a new server.  So many of the classes “sound” nice, but I don’t want to get stuck at lvl 13 with a class who hits a power spike for the 13 arena and sucks at higher levels.  If you have more than one class as an opinion please list the classes and reasons why they’re good for a beginner.

2-      Are all servers active?  I play in the US and would prefer a US server,  is one better than the other?

3-      MC coins, I saw the initiate packages… considering buying one of those for my first char so I can explore a bit more with good gear then (if possible) sell the gear and outfit later for better stuff.

4-      Are support classes needed or just good to have around?  Last MMORPG I played on android the healers were never needed as everyone stocked on underpriced potions and would grab all damage guys.

Here’s where I stand on the classes now:

Rogue- from what I read they have awesome damage and can actually solo a lot of stuff with potions.

BD- Great defense, some skill called hamstring is good and a healing pet could mean a steady progress.

Druid- best healers but don’t sound like they can solo good

Priest- awesome shield, good heals.  Can outlast enemies to solo

Warlock- I find good stuff about these guys everywhere

Hunter- pewpew, dmg from a distance and traps.  Usual stuff it seems and a recent nerf

Paladin- Good if armed for a situation, can’t be prepared for everything… idk

Necro- I read they’re good for making money, and use DOTs as well as healing… very appealing

I’d prefer to stick to one side with my 1st and 2nd chars so I can feed my 2nd, I plan to go the distance to 20 before I start another.  Would like to be able to solo grind for drops to make money too.  So right now I’m leaning towards Rogue/Warlock/Necro first but honestly the others sound appealing too… :( so hard to choose.

I'd pick rogue or necromancer if I were you.

As a necromancer it's easy to get Ok gear with good heal to hunt bosses. But for pvp you will need much better gear with good amplification. As a warlock you don't need much amplification neither good gear as long as you are skilled with it.

Rogues have good damage, even with average amplification. However as they lack a ranged skill, you will be helpless against ranged classes once you leave stealth. So warlock would be best for PvP, though their lack of heal and resistance makes them kill monsters slowly making them bad in PvE. Necromancer has heal and shield, not mentioning the many uses of nightmare(the stun). Pretty much the best support class at Forsaken/Mountain Clans. Rogues can have a good damage early and you will be strong even in PvP, later on higher levels enemies are much higher amped so unless you improve your gear you will most likely be weak in PvP too. They are fun though  ;D "stealth".

Ranger (Hunter) has good damage and they can be good in PvP too. But you will soon realise that even with average amplification, some casters around will be way stronger than you due to their multiple stuns.(Since ranger's trap is useless against them and scatter shot can only be cast in close range)

If you are starting the game as a caster you should get novice(initiate) set, as a meele i would'nt really recommend it.

And YES, support classes (healers) are actually the best choice in this game.

Hope i helped xd

By the way I also have a paladin and they are the best tank/supports, in pvp you can be strong if high damage and in pve they are very good. Nonetheless their stun will fail very often if you use it too fast and casters.... avoid them xd

In response to your listed chars,

Before I start, I have to stress that if you want a pvp class, melees are not your best bet. Lots of locks and shamans around, they duck short range chars. Also responses are pvp oriented. Pve, each one has its own role, so they all are useful.

Rogue is cool, stealth, high damage, but still gets killed by casters

Bd, Fun too, but once again, raped by casters

Druid, Best elf class, op 1v1 skills, highest heal/caster damage in the game too, so good hunter

Priest, Cool class, takes skill.

Warlock, Ill just leave this blank.

Ranger, Massive damage with blessing and its a range class, like a rogue with no stealth

Paladin, Most disadvantaged melee in game, its stun isnt even 2 yards, any decent kiter will rape you. Unless you take tips from swaaz and stack astral

Necro, Good 1on1, good in pvp teams too. Instant heals, 8 second complete stun. Farms well also

Couldnt help but notice you didnt have shaman on your list.._.

Honestly I hadn't looked at them yet mostly due to the name.  Most games have made me look over the title shaman but after checking them out they do seem cool and maybe a tie for necro... Hard choice to make as they both have good heals.  Guess it'd just depend on preference... Any problems with over time heals being out damaged in dungeons?

Just play 1 for pvp and one for farm if you are fb ur pick pvp[ur lovest class] and priest or druid and if u are forsaken pick a class u love and shaman and neomancer  ;)

Well I did this, I took everyone's advice and used up all 6 slots with characters getting them all to lvl 3.  I tried a Necro, shaman, druid, hunter, rogue and priest/warlock.  I deleted the priest for the warlock they just seem cooler and priest looks like it depends on a group in pve or the energy drain in PvP.  Right now I like them all but I'll stick to my necrosis and work on others later.  Hopefully I'll hit the 2nd island soon and can jump some guys