Legends pasts : Story

Defi

This is where i will post each new part to the story of Legends pasts. Hope you all like it!

Current authors are me(Defi) and SNP. Please comment and support, it really means alot to us.

Chapter 1: All beginnings

A long time ago, in a land called Arinar, two boys sat on a hillside looking out onto the vast plains of the chosen watching a Plainsmen patrol coming back to their barracks.

The boys were both young, barely 16, yet they were fine warriors. Garag, the smaller of the two, was an intellectual. He had mastered the arts of the arcane even at his young age, knowing a useful person is a person that lives longer. Vars, on the other hand, was quite the oposite to Garag. Where Garag had picked up books, Vars had been thrown an axe. His father  being a paladin legend, Vars was expected to submit to his heritage and follow in his fathers footsteps. This he did very reluctantly.

The boys both stood, streched out their legs after being sat for hours never wanting to get up incase they were spotted by the watchmen. They both ran down the hill, knowing full well none of the watchmen would be paying the slightest bit of attention to anything other than the returned patrol, and leapt through the porthole they had used to exit the fortress. They ran onto the path inside the fortress and both ran over to a man and woman just setting down. As the woman noticed the two, she smiled and waved. The man then noticed the two

and jumped from his seat. Vars embraced the man and said,"Well you took your time! We've been waiting for days!"

"We hit some rebels and had to take them out, nothing major put they just kept running! If my their fathers would have seen them they'd be tur-"

The woman interupted him. "Your father needs to stop with his complaining and realise we fight with our weapons, not out tounges.".The boys both laughed."Hi mum," said Vars.

The boys both took a seat at the tavern table, eager to hear what tales the two had of their journey. Garag, a little more reserved than Vars, sat back and hoped to be unnoticed. This was his thing and no magic could compete.

"So tell us then dad, what did you see this time?" Said Vars. Although he didn't like the way of the axe, he was still an adventurous soul. He was ,at heart, a healer like his mother. "Maybe later," said his mother," If i hear about another rabid sheep or elemental i think im going to be sick...". Garag laughed quietly, unable to keep it in. Vars' mother turned to the smaller boy and smiled. " You good?"

"Im fine thanks," He replied,"Just glad your both back ok."

She smiled and then said " Before i forget, the general wants to see you. He seemed quite serious. I hope vars hasn't got you into any trouble again because if he has i'll-"

"He hasn't, i think i know what he wants." Garag said, protecting his friend. He stood, said goodbye to his adoptive parents and went to the generals quarters.

The general was in his office, studying a map of arinar. He traced the entire outer perimiter of the world and then frowned. The whole thing looked too perfect in a world so war torn and violent. He heard a knock at his door and said "Enter,". Garag, the young boy he had found on his doorstep all those years ago, entered.

"Ah Garag, ease take a seat," said the general, pointing to a velvet leather chair opposite his own. The boy sat, looking very nervous.

"Do you remember what i told you last time we spoke?", said the general, looking at the boy who was looking down at the floor. The boy nodded."Then you remember why we went out on that patrol and what we were searching for, yes?". The boy once again nodded, somehow finding interest in the apparent empty space of floor he had not took his eyes off since he had entered. The general took no notice of this as this was normal behavior for the yound arcane. "Then you will be pleased to know that we may have found something. We've finally tracked down where you were born. It wasn't easy, we had to find the exact redsand that was left on your hands when you were give-"

"What is it.", said the boy, not caring to listen to the general any longer."Pardon?", said the general, a bit aghast that he gad been interupted but again not suprised it was this boy.

"What is it. What's my name?". The general looked at the boy, who had stopped looking at the floor and was now staring directly at the general, stood, then went to his cabinet. He unlocked it, then slowly pulled out a piece of rag wrapped around something.All we found was scorch marks on the walls, and this." He unwrapped the rag and pulled out a slab of some strange rock. He placed it on the table for the boy to see. The rock was fairly large and very beautiful. Garag wasn't concerned about that though, he was drawn to the text in the center of the slab. His eyes widened and he murmured,"But that's impossible.".

"Yes, yes it is" Said the general. They both stared at the rock and Garag read it one more time. The text read "Life for the boy, life to Berengar."...

Thanks for reading! Chapter 2 will be released on the 30th July. :yahoo:

Chapter 1: All beginnings

A long time ago, in a land called Arinar, two boys sat on a hillside looking out onto the vast plains of the chosen watching a Plainsmen patrol coming back to their barracks.

The boys were both young, barely 16, yet they were fine warriors. Garag, the smaller of the two, was an intellectual. He had mastered the arts of the arcane even at his young age, knowing a useful person is a person that lives longer. Vars, on the other hand, was quite the oposite to Garag. Where Garag had picked up books, Vars had been thrown an axe. His father  being a paladin legend, Vars was expected to submit to his heritage and follow in his fathers footsteps. This he did very reluctantly.

The boys both stood, streched out their legs after being sat for hours never wanting to get up incase they were spotted by the watchmen. They both ran down the hill, knowing full well none of the watchmen would be paying the slightest bit of attention to anything other than the returned patrol, and leapt through the porthole they had used to exit the fortress. They ran onto the path inside the fortress and both ran over to a man and woman just setting down. As the woman noticed the two, she smiled and waved. The man then noticed the two

and jumped from his seat. Vars embraced the man and said,"Well you took your time! We've been waiting for days!"

"We hit some rebels and had to take them out, nothing major put they just kept running! If my their fathers would have seen them they'd be tur-"

The woman interupted him. "Your father needs to stop with his complaining and realise we fight with our weapons, not out tounges.".The boys both laughed."Hi mum," said Vars.

The boys both took a seat at the tavern table, eager to hear what tales the two had of their journey. Garag, a little more reserved than Vars, sat back and hoped to be unnoticed. This was his thing and no magic could compete.

"So tell us then dad, what did you see this time?" Said Vars. Although he didn't like the way of the axe, he was still an adventurous soul. He was ,at heart, a healer like his mother. "Maybe later," said his mother," If i hear about another rabid sheep or elemental i think im going to be sick...". Garag laughed quietly, unable to keep it in. Vars' mother turned to the smaller boy and smiled. " You good?"

"Im fine thanks," He replied,"Just glad your both back ok."

She smiled and then said " Before i forget, the general wants to see you. He seemed quite serious. I hope vars hasn't got you into any trouble again because if he has i'll-"

"He hasn't, i think i know what he wants." Garag said, protecting his friend. He stood, said goodbye to his adoptive parents and went to the generals quarters.

The general was in his office, studying a map of arinar. He traced the entire outer perimiter of the world and then frowned. The whole thing looked too perfect in a world so war torn and violent. He heard a knock at his door and said "Enter,". Garag, the young boy he had found on his doorstep all those years ago, entered.

"Ah Garag, ease take a seat," said the general, pointing to a velvet leather chair opposite his own. The boy sat, looking very nervous.

"Do you remember what i told you last time we spoke?", said the general, looking at the boy who was looking down at the floor. The boy nodded."Then you remember why we went out on that patrol and what we were searching for, yes?". The boy once again nodded, somehow finding interest in the apparent empty space of floor he had not took his eyes off since he had entered. The general took no notice of this as this was normal behavior for the yound arcane. "Then you will be pleased to know that we may have found something. We've finally tracked down where you were born. It wasn't easy, we had to find the exact redsand that was left on your hands when you were give-"

"What is it.", said the boy, not caring to listen to the general any longer."Pardon?", said the general, a bit aghast that he gad been interupted but again not suprised it was this boy.

"What is it. What's my name?". The general looked at the boy, who had stopped looking at the floor and was now staring directly at the general, stood, then went to his cabinet. He unlocked it, then slowly pulled out a piece of rag wrapped around something.All we found was scorch marks on the walls, and this." He unwrapped the rag and pulled out a slab of some strange rock. He placed it on the table for the boy to see. The rock was fairly large and very beautiful. Garag wasn't concerned about that though, he was drawn to the text in the center of the slab. His eyes widened and he murmured,"But that's impossible.".

"Yes, yes it is" Said the general. They both stared at the rock and Garag read it one more time. The text read "Life for the boy, life to Berengar."...

Thanks for reading! Chapter 2 will be released on the 30th July. :yahoo:

i dont like reading much but that shit is gooood xd

i dont like reading much but that shit is gooood xd

Aha thanks  ;D Glad you like it. Remember to check thread on the 30th for chapter 2

Aha thanks  ;D Glad you like it. Remember to check thread on the 30th for chapter 2

Oii that's a loong but great story :blush:  however, just saying, if this story is a part of the competition you've posted this on the wrong thread OuO.

Oii that's a loong but great story :blush:  however, just saying, if this story is a part of the competition you've posted this on the wrong thread OuO.

It is my origional story that ive submitted, but im makng it a weekly series. I love writing and it's just an excuse to share some stuff that goes on in my mind DAILY  :crazy:

It is my origional story that ive submitted, but im makng it a weekly series. I love writing and it's just an excuse to share some stuff that goes on in my mind DAILY  :crazy:

lol you do too? ;D  I love making up stories aswell, used to do that quite alot before. However, The biggest problem i have right now is that im simply too lazy to write anything at all.. :sorry: :facepalm: :crazy:

lol you do too? ;D  I love making up stories aswell, used to do that quite alot before. However, The biggest problem i have right now is that im simply too lazy to write anything at all.. :sorry: :facepalm: :crazy:

I'm Very lazy, but i have so much time for writing. Like i said, it's just some of the multiple things that go on inside my head :lol:

You need a co-writer? :blush:

I would like be a part of the "project" O:-)

We can take it over forummessage if you want :)

You need a co-writer? :blush:

I would like be a part of the "project" O:-)

We can take it over forummessage if you want :)

I could always use some input from other people, so id be happy to let you be part of it :good:

Ok, we talk further about it tomorrow (Today after I'm done with sleeping :crazy: )

Great minds sleep alike  :good:

Chapter 2: Honesty

Vars was looking around the room, searching for one thing in peticular. For some reason, nothing could ever be found in his house, no matter how big it was. "Mum, have you seen my axe?" Vars shouted through his and Garag's door, just as he looked underneath his bed. He heard a mumbling reply, then silence. Typical, he thought. He'd just have to go and see her. He was just about to get up when he noticed something underneath Garag's bed. He shuffled over and started searching the floor underneath the bed with his hand.

He found alot of dust, a book of enchantment and he was just about to pull from underneath the bed when he felt something cold numb his fingers. He grabbed it, but felt a searing pain envelope his hand. He pulled back away from the strange object, trying not to shout out, and looked at the blood dripping from his hand. He could go and ask his mum to sort it out and it would be healed within seconds, but how would he explain the situation without dropping garag in trouble. He decided not to tell his mum, but tried to focus his own energy on healing his hand. He had only ever tried this once, but he was unsuccesful in his attempts and had completely exhausted himself in trying. He started focussing on the cut on his hand, willing everything in his mind to heal it. Almost immediately, a beautiful white light sprang from the cut, as was usual with paladins healing. "Im doing it!" Vars thought, completely suprising himself with his own proficciency.

Suddenly a dark light protruded from the cut completely blocking out the white light of the healing aura. Vars was about to scream out from his mum, but Garag walked through the door, saw the situation unfolding, and ran to Vars' side covering his mouth. He grabbed the hand that was now spewing more blood than ever before and started chanting what sounded like jiberish to Vars. The black light receded, and was replaced by the white light which continued to heal Vars like nothing had happened. Vars, who was now sweating after the ordeal, looked to Garag and said "What the he-"

"I'll explain everything, just please keep this to yourself and never touch the kris again." Garag said before his best friend could question him. "It's a kris? Garag, if you dont tell me why you have a kris underneath you're bed then i'll...". The two fell to silence, then vars started laughing. His eyes began to water and he fell to his back, barely able to breath over the laughing fit that had taken ahold of him. Garag watched, got up and walked from the room thinking back to what had happened the previous day with the general.

*******************************************************************************************

The two both stared at the inscription in the rock, and after a long while the general said "So you've heard the stories then?". "Yes", said Garag, who did not stop staring at the rock. The general looked at the boy, then turned and opened another cabinet and pulled another rag from within its depths. "Then you will not be suprised that we also found this in the cave.". He unwrapped the rag and revealed a strange looking dagger. "It's a kris, an old tool of the assasins" said the general. The boy looked up and was evidently shocked at how beautiful it was."Our mages have said that it is enchanted with dark, old magic. Long before the old gods. They're saying that even the smallest cut can turn into a deadly wound. A true blade of the ancients. Only one other is known of and that is held by th-"

"The rebel leader, yes i know, but why?" said Garag. "That's what i want to know, what we all want to know" replied the general."All that we do know is, you've been chosen by the gods, whoever they may be, to do something for them. It is your duty to follow their teachings and find out exacly what they want you to do.". Both fell to silence again untill Garag said, "I need to kill him, don't i?". The general did not reply, he only stared at the kris. Eventually, he stood and poured himself a glass of the strongest thing he could find. He looked at the boy who he saw nothing but fear in, and said "welcome to my world".

Thanks to SNP for writing this next chapter to our story, hope you all like it!

Chapter 3: The history of the Kris

Garag was still in shock after his meeting with the general. He couldn’t believe it.  He should kill the rebel leader, a man that has killed many chosens and sentinels, but have never been caught. One of the most dangerous people in the whole Arinar. Garag looked at the kris. It was very beautiful, and as old as it was, there wasn’t yet any signs on that the kris was made before Nuadu, Harad and Garahan. ”Hmm, how was this Kris made?” asked Garag, quietly to himself. ”Maybe there is some information about the kris in the books in the library of the Magic Academy”. He laid the kris under his bed, and went out off his room.

Garag entered the library of the Magic Academy for the first time in his life. There was a library in his and Vars’ home, but it was very very (Very!) small compared to the library of the Magic Academy. There were bookcases as long as he could see. ” This is probably the biggest library in the whole of Arinar” he said with a mix of respect  and fear. Garag began to search in the history-section after a book that could tell the history of the kris.

After many hours of searching, Garag finally found something. He looked through the window and, seeing the sunset, he began to feel sleepy. He shook his head, and began to read the text.

The 2 Kris’ were made before the three mighty gods of Arinar. Nobody knows how it could be possible, but sometime before the births of the 3 mighty gods of Arinar, a lightning bolt hit the spear of The White Wanderers. This had no effect on the spear, other than two minute shards that fell from its tip and into the river of light. Over the years, the magic of the spear made these two shards grow into chunks of what seemed to be normal metal, only pure black.

The legend goes that after the placement of the three new gods of Arinar, a young smithy discovered the two shards. The smith discovered that those pieces was made of a material that was very hard. The smith tried to forge the pieces into 2 kris’, but he couldn’t melt the pieces. After some time he solved the problem. He went to the nearest volcano. Dangerous as it was, he managed to smelt them. He forged two beautiful Kris’ and when he came home, he sold the Kris’ to a very rich knight and got enough gold for his entire family to live a very full life.

The knight who bought the Kris’ was a very famous and skilled warrior. He fought in many wars, and won them all. But one day, in the biggest war of his life he had an unfortunate turn of fate. The enemy had Garahan on their side, thegod of Arinar who had the shape of a black dragon, defeated the rich knight’s army. The rich knight tried to kill Garahan with his kris’. He stabbed both kris’ with all his power in Garahans chest for no avail. Garahan ate him, and the kris fell off his body. The kris’ was smeared in blood, but after few seconds the blood disappeared. Rumours are saying that is how the kris’ got their powerful black magic. Nobody knows what happened with the swords after the war. They have never been seen after the war, and many are saying that they are lost forever.

Garag closed his book. It was very late. He put the book back on its bookcase, and began to go home. As he entered the house, he heard a strange whispering sound coming from his and Vars' bedroom. He walked as swiftly as he could while trying not to alert Vars' mother. He walked through his doorway and saw Vars, lying on the floor with a dark light seeping from what looked like a huge laceration on his palm....

• 1 year later...

OMG!!  Why has this stopped (seriously I felt like crying) :(

Please continue, please please please. I love writing too

(And I even have a sci-fi story I'm writing in docx format)

OMG!!  Why has this stopped (seriously I felt like crying) :(

Please continue, please please please. I love writing too

(And I even have a sci-fi story I'm writing in docx format)

I've been debating carrying the story on, especially since im taking courses in english language/literature so this would go hand in hand with my coursework. All im saying is keep your eyes open ;)

I've been debating carrying the story on, especially since im taking courses in english language/literature so this would go hand in hand with my coursework. All im saying is keep your eyes open ;)

Definitely will  :friends:

Oh Wow. A very pulling and beautiful storyline. :clapping: :clapping: You will be doing a great deed if you finish this story, fantastic stuff. Hats off to you and everyone that took part in this.