Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Blueborn

Warspear PBP rpg ( Play-By-Post )

Recommended Posts

A Few people have been enjoying some role-playing on forum and i thought to create a topic just for it, so people can join in and have some fun.

Feel free to join us. If you see an opening to join, go for it! The more the merrier.

 

The Idea:

 

Play-By-Post is a form of Role playing that happens usually online, on forums, and is similar to acting, for you take on the role(s) of your character(s). The major difference is that it is performed through writing(posting)rather than acting out.

 

Things you will need:

 

  • An imagination
  • A Friendly attitude
  • Understandable grammer
 

Rules:

  • Keep to warspear themes.
  • Follow the story-line as it develops.
  • No abuse of any kind.
  • Please try to keep out of story-line chatter to spoilers, so others can decipher the plot without getting confused with it.
  • Players create their own characters and descriptions of events and their surroundings during play, and not another players.
Consider the following possible post in this spoiler from a character named Bob attacking Joe:

  • Playing with multiple characters:
Best way to do this is to state each character before entering the dialog.

As example..

  • Going offline.
Players stating "OFFLINE" are retiring from the story until later on. We all cant expect to be on 24/7 to keep the story flowing after all.

Any offline character can be used as long as it does not take great effect.

Alternative plots are encourage when the bulk players of the storyline are offline.

 

 

The story so far:

 

Born and maleshaman decided to setup a cage trap with vodka as bait with the intention to catch a developer. But instead, the pair caught themselves a turtle and is now being hunted by an unknown creature that is pursuing them through the forest.

 

Maleshaman:

 

"Ah, Thnx Born! He isn`t holding my feet anymore... Wait a minute, where the hell did he go then?"

Maleshaman looks around with the torch.

"....hmm ....!Born, beside ya! watch it!!"

 

 

Born:

 

Hearing male yell out in warning born quickly jumps to the side in fear, just in time to see beak like jaws snap shut just where his toes would have been.

"Phew.. It was just the turtle male"

The woods grew quiet instantly with an eerie echo of a "thump" ringing out into the night air.

"Did you hear that male?" Born said in a whisper.

 

 

The story continues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I sprinted towards Born I heard him ask his question.

I replied: "No, what sound Born?

I looked down at the turtle and questiond myself: "why on hell was this poor turtle in the cage trap?"

I looked at Born and asked him if he seen anything suspicious around here.

"Born, have you seen anything of interest around here? Maybe it will help us understand who our attacker is"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I sprinted towards Born I heard him ask his question.

I replied: "No, what sound Born?

I looked down at the turtle and questiond myself: "why on hell was this poor turtle in the cage trap?"

I looked at Born and asked him if he seen anything suspicious around here.

"Born, have you seen anything of interest around here? Maybe it will help us understand who our attacker is"

 

 

Looking around himself born does not notice anything of value.

" I Dont see much around male... wait!!"

Born peers into the darkness with fear and anticipation of the unknown.

" ... what's that over there? Shine your torch over there quickly! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing Borns request I inmediatly pointed the torch to the place he was looking at.

"ugh, you scared me Born! Hey, what`s this?"

I noticed a piece of paper laying on the ground.

"hold the torch Born, I`ll get it!"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing Borns request I inmediatly pointed the torch to the place he was looking at.

"ugh, you scared me Born! Hey, what`s this?"

I noticed a piece of paper laying on the ground.

"hold the torch Born, I`ll get it!"

 

 

Born grabs the torch from male and hold's it in order to shed light over the mysterious parchment.

" What does it say? " Asking impatiently, noticing a rustling sound coming from a distant bush out in the darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Born grabs the torch from male and hold's it in order to shed light over the mysterious parchment.

" What does it say? " Asking impatiently, noticing a rustling sound coming from a distant bush out in the darkness.

 

As I picked up the paper piece I heard Born asking his question.

"hang on a moment Born"

I picked up the paper and heard the risteling of something 4feet infront of me.

"Uhm... Born, its better if we keep on moving, what do you say?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I picked up the paper piece I heard Born asking his question.

"hang on a moment Born"

I picked up the paper and heard the risteling of something 4feet infront of me.

"Uhm... Born, its better if we keep on moving, what do you say?"

 

 

Hearing the rustling also, born looks at male.

" That might just be a good idea " Speaking quietly.

Then proceeds to softly walk in the opposite direction of the noise, feeling the temptation to break out into a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Borns ritme of breathing changing and tell him: "calm down Born, it was probably that little turtle. Say let`s read whatevers on this piece of paper, give me some light, its to damn dark to see anything here!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Borns ritme of breathing changing and tell him: "calm down Born, it was probably that little turtle. Say let`s read whatevers on this piece of paper, give me some light, its to damn dark to see anything here!"

 

But before Born manages to give any light, a mysterious character appears from behind a nearby tree and snatches the piece of paper from Maleshaman's hand.

"This belongs to me!" he says and starts to run away from Male and Born

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice Borns ritme of breathing changing and tell him: "calm down Born, it was probably that little turtle. Say let`s read whatevers on this piece of paper, give me some light, its to damn dark to see anything here!"

 

 

Thinking that male is just too calm for the situation, born shrugs his shoulders and goes to shine the light over the parchment.

" What's it say? "

 

 

Then suddenly...

But before Born manages to give any light, a mysterious character appears from behind a nearby tree and snatches the piece of paper from Maleshaman's hand.

"This belongs to me!" he says and starts to run away from Male and Born

 

 

Startled born jumps in surprise.

" What the?!...."

Born watches as a figure melts out from the darkness and steals the parchment from male's grasp. Before Born could react the mysterious figures bolts into the night.

" Quick! Get him male!! "

Born attemps to use " Lightning blast " on the fleeing figure.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But before Born manages to give any light, a mysterious character appears from behind a nearby tree and snatches the piece of paper from Maleshaman's hand.

"This belongs to me!" he says and starts to run away from Male and Born

 

What the f..!

"Hey! You! Get your ass back here!"

I started to chase down this mysterious thief.

"Get back here you thief!"

The thief ran to fast, I had 1choice left...

"Earthquake!"

I set off an Earthquake in hope that it would immobilize our thief, Before I knew I saw a tree starting to fall over and I warned:"Hey, you! Watch out for that tree!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the f..!

"Hey! You! Get your ass back here!"

I started to chase down this mysterious thief.

"Get back here you thief!"

The thief ran to fast, I had 1choice left...

"Earthquake!"

I set off an Earthquake in hope that it would immobilize our thief, Before I knew I saw a tree starting to fall over and I warned:"Hey, you! Watch out for that tree!!"

 

 

Born's blast fails due to the figure being out of distance.

" damn it.. you... stupid... freaking.. " Born mutters.

Born heard male crashing through the brush beside him, then heard the fateful incantation of an earthquake spell....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Born's blast fails due to the figure being out of distance.

" damn it.. you... stupid... freaking.. " Born mutters.

Born heard male crashing through the brush beside him, then heard the fateful incantation of an earthquake spell....

 

Damned! I shouted at Born "Help me on this one, Ball lightening directly at the tree Born. He may be a thief but he`s not going to be crushed by this enormous tree!"

 

Tightening my grab on my staff I start to concetrate deeply to the spirits to perform a powerfull blast.

"Ready Born? Aim and.... Fire!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damned! I shouted at Born "Help me on this one, Ball lightening directly at the tree Born. He may be a thief but he`s not going to be crushed by this enormous tree!"

 

Tightening my grab on my staff I start to concetrate deeply to the spirits to perform a powerfull blast.

"Ready Born? Aim and.... Fire!!"

 

 

Concentrating with the incantation, Born converges his spell with Male's.

" Lets do it... "

The spell releases....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the destructing power of 2 Balls of lightening we managed to blow off a huge chunk of the tree.

"pant..pant..grng"

I fell down on one knee while holding my staff for balance.

 

"gasp.. Born, was it a succes? is our mysterious figure still alive in one piece?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the destructing power of 2 Balls of lightening we managed to blow off a huge chunk of the tree.

"pant..pant..grng"

I fell down on one knee while holding my staff for balance.

 

"gasp.. Born, was it a succes? is our mysterious figure still alive in one piece?"

 

 

Also slightly exhusted, Born tries to peer through the smoke that is now billowing around the area where the spell was sent.

" I'm not sure.. "

 

 

The shock wave caused by the collision of the tree and the lightning balls knocks the shadowy character over.

 

 

" Wait i think i see something.. "

 

 

The smoke starts to clear..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I managed to stand on both my legs again, I stood up and walked towards the impact crater.

"Cough! Ugh this smoke smells dreadfull!"

A strong scent of burned wood was all around the forest, I`m certain that us 3 aren`t the only ones that smelled this

 

As I looked better, I spotted our mysterious person laying on the ground, with nearly inches beside him the destructed tree.

"Hey, Born! It`s all good here. Our mysterious person is still alive" As I said that I was feeling the pulse of this person.

 

I opend his hand to take the piece of paper. "got the paper Born!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The character comes back to his senses and gets up. He looks at the two shamans.

"Thank you for saving my life! Let me introduce myself. My name is Ninja Owl!"

Ninja Owl notices that Male has taken the paper from his pocket but remains silent about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I managed to stand on both my legs again, I stood up and walked towards the impact crater.

"Cough! Ugh this smoke smells dreadfull!"

A strong scent of burned wood was all around the forest, I`m certain that us 3 aren`t the only ones that smelled this

 

As I looked better, I spotted our mysterious person laying on the ground, with nearly inches beside him the destructed tree.

"Hey, Born! It`s all good here. Our mysterious person is still alive" As I said that I was feeling the pulse of this person.

 

I opend his hand to take the piece of paper. "got the paper Born!"

 

 

"  Awesome! " Born says with glee.

 

 

The character comes to back to his senses and gets up. He looks at the two shamans.

"Thank you for saving my life! Let me introduce myself. My name is Ninja Owl!"

Ninja Owl notices that Male has taken the paper from his pocket but remains silent about it.

 

 

" Well hello there Ninja " Born eyes him off suspiciously...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....!

I took a step back as our mysterious person introduced hisself.

"That sure was a close one, stay still for a moment, I`ll help you with those bruises."

I made a silent prayer to the spirits of the mountains. By doing this my hands started glowing and I could heal Ninja Owl.

 

"How does that feel?" I asked Ninja Owl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thank you! That feels a lot better!"

Ninja looked down

"I apologize my earlier behaviour. Please let me guide you to a safer place. Your magic may have lured monsters to us. Please follow me!"

Ninja starts to walk away from his new acquaintances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thank you! That feels a lot better!"

Ninja looked down

"I apologize my earlier behaviour. Please let me guide you to a safer place. Your magic may have lured monsters at us. Please follow me!"

Ninja starts to walk away from his new acquaintances.

 

"Hang on a minute there, I`m sure Born has some questions to ask!"

I put my hand on Ninja`s shoulder, holding him to stand still.

 

I told Born to question Ninja about a few things. "Go ahead Born, I`ll survey this place to keep us safe!"

 

I climb on a tree trunk to keep an eye at our surroundings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ninja turned around to face Born

"I understand why you don't trust me. Please ask me anything you want."

 

 

Scratching his chin, born looks straight at Ninja with a piercing glare..

" Why did you steal the parchment from us and flee? "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Scratching his chin, born looks straight at Ninja with a piercing glare..

" Why did you steal the parchment from us and flee? "

 

Ninja looks up at Maleshaman.

"I suggest you read what's written on the paper."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns around as Ninja makes his suggestion.

"I`ll need light to read it, and the thick smog from earlier choked our only torch" I replied.

 

I wasn`t certain of this mysterious person, He had something to hide but what was it?!

Whatever he was trying to keep secret must be written on this paper.

I had to make a decision...

"Ok guys, listen. Clearly something is persueing us in these woods, I`d suggest that we go to this 'safe place' that Ninja was talking about. What do you both say?"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns around as Ninja makes his suggestion.

"I`ll need light to read it, and the thick smog from earlier choked our only torch" I replied.

 

I wasn`t certain of this mysterious person, He had something to hide but what was it?!

Whatever he was trying to keep secret must be written on this paper.

I had to make a decision...

"Ok guys, listen. Clearly something is persueing us in these woods, I`d suggest that we go to this 'safe place' that Ninja was talking about. What do you both say?"

 

 

"Yes there is many fiends that mean us ill in these woods.. would be a good idea to keep moving."

Born switches his staff to his other hand and starts to walk.

" I Know of a small settlement just near here. We should seek their walls for the night. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replied to Born`s suggestion.

"ah settlement? Well if it`s anywhere near safety I`ll go!"

 

(This place is starting to get at me, I kno nightfall lures all sort of predators of the night out of there burdens.. I surely hope we`ll reach our destination without any creatures attacking our party)

Looks at my hands and notices a few cuts* I mumbled "Damnit! I better not let them 2 notice this"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trio start walking through the dense forest in the attempt to reach the small settlement know as the " Scouts camp ".

Who and what lies in between? We shall find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we set our way towards the camp while rain was pouring down and lightening started partly deafening us, I heard the sound of several wings clapping.

"guys, do you hear those clappingwings aswell?" I asked our party.

Argh! "damnit I need a babdage or something for my hand"I mutherd to myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born looking rather miserable and wet he see's male fumbling with his hand but it does not register in his mind.

 

" I Hear them also.. but they are a fair way off.. or so i think "

 

Born looks around his surroundings and see's some light through the tree's on his right. He knows it isnt the settlement but his hopes are high for a decent shelter to be where they light resides..

 

" Over there! Perhaps that light may be from a shelter of sorts.. "

 

 

To our viewers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PAUZE SCENE!

 

To all our role-play viewers, heres a short message.

 

Feel free to join our role-playing, simpely Pm one of us that`s part of the story so we can pauze the scene and let you join in!

Don`t forget to inform us by introducing yourself!

 

Regards,

Male.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group approaches a wooden hut. They knock, and a friendly face opens.
Oh joy, customers! Come on in, are you interested in buying something?
After it gets a little brighter inside, Azebu sees who is he dealing with.
Oh my, long time no see! May I interest you in some hot meal? It's on the house, but only if you buy something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking up, I reconise the familair face of Azebu.

A merchant that sold me a few eyes for all the Gilda`s I had.

"Azebu? Is it you for real!?" I said with evoking happynes.

 

We entered the hut and I looked at the sky before closing the door. "Hopefully light will break trough soon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group approaches a wooden hut. They knock, and a friendly face opens.

Oh joy, customers! Come on in, are you interested in buying something?

After it gets a little brighter inside, Azebu sees who is he dealing with.

Oh my, long time no see! May I interest you in some hot meal? It's on the house, but only if you buy something.

 

 

 

 

" Oh my what a surprise.. "

Born recognises Azebu immediately, having come across him in the past ( Something to do with selling spare eyes ).

" Yes it has been a long time.. let me see how much money i have in my pocket.."

Rustling through his robes, born produces his pouch of gold.

 

Male joins in on the conversation...

Looking up, I reconise the familair face of Azebu.

A merchant that sold me a few eyes for all the Gilda`s I had.

"Azebu? Is it you for real!?" I said with evoking happynes.

 

We entered the hut and I looked at the sky before closing the door. "Hopefully light will break trough soon"

 

 

Born quickly goes silent hoping that male could strike a bargain for a meal for the trio. There is doubt that this merchant would take gold as payment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Born`s pouch I see a small ammount of gold.

(poor Born, gues I`ll pay us some nice meals)

 

"Hey Azebu, give us some nice boar heart and animal fat sausages. Also do you have any bandages on stock? I`ll pay you with these Miracle coins!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, I'll have to check what I can do.

Azebu goes to his storage. Meanwhile, a cat comes out of the basement.

Okay, I've found relatively fresh heart of female mature boar, and a bunch of sausages made from various forest mammals. Few first aid kits I scavenged, in mint condition, in handy form of backpack. Also, three bentos I've found today, yeah. These are free. Now, the heart and sausages are, hmm, 200 coins.

I see you seem in a bit of hurry? I can offer you a teleport to my main store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...