Dog's AI improvement

Pr0f

It's simple

While looting (picking items from the ground or chests...etc), Dogs should not run and attack any far mob, unless mobs comes very close (touch) dogs. End of the story

I noticed that while questing as charmer if you place a dog, you need to clear the whole zone before picking up anything from the ground, it will be great if the dogs just don't run to far targets and start attacking, just want them to sit there passively and let me loot what I want without attracting unwanted mobs

I hope I see this in-game

Or maybe just make them attack an enemy IF the player attacks first or if the player gets aggro, like Beastmaster's pet or even the bird

15 hours ago, Drakoslayd said:

Maybe dogs should have a taunt skill built in to avoid the mobs attacking the player 

It still counts as if the player was in battle though

On 7/22/2023 at 12:38 AM, Drakoslayd said:

Maybe dogs should have a taunt skill built in to avoid the mobs attacking the player 

Sorry but that's not what I meant

When dogs attack mobs around the map, charmer get in combat states (you can't loot) idk what its call in this game but I call it loot, the yellow bar that fill over time while you try to pick something, dogs interrupt it

13 hours ago, Khrone said:

Or maybe just make them attack an enemy IF the player attacks first or if the player gets aggro, like Beastmaster's pet or even the bird

It still counts as if the player was in battle though

Yeah like that

I tried to avoid mentioning beastmaster lol

20 minutes ago, Pr0f said:

Sorry but that's not what I meant

When dogs attack mobs around the map, charmer get in combat states (you can't loot) idk what its call in this game but I call it loot, the yellow bar that fill over time while you try to pick something, dogs interrupt it

Yeah like that

Yellow bar? That's just a progress bar for interacting with stuff for quests, some chests, and similar but I have never seen them for looting

14 minutes ago, Drakoslayd said:

Yellow bar? That's just a progress bar for interacting with stuff for quests, some chests, and similar but I have never seen them for looting

Sorry the bar color is blue XD

Yeah I mean stuffs for questing

43 minutes ago, Pr0f said:

It's hard to not mention it when we're talking about a improvement of Dogs AI and BM's Leopard AI is a lot better lol

22 minutes ago, Drakoslayd said:

That's what Pr0f meant, i think

When you're doing something like picking quest items or opening chests and a dog is nearby an enemy, it will attack them and make you enter combat state, which stops you from taking these items/opening the chest

31 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It's hard to not mention it when we're talking about a improvement of Dogs AI and BM's Leopard AI is a lot better lol

That's what Pr0f meant, i think

When you're doing something like picking quest items or opening chests and a dog is nearby an enemy, it will attack them and make you enter combat state, which stops you from taking these items/opening the chest

Exactly 

31 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Yeah, BM's summon AI is alot better, letterly next lvl

7 hours ago, Overhoul said:

I think charmer's bird is the one that supposedly should have the same AI as bm's cat. 

It is because both skills apply a buff to the character, so the pets kind of become part of it

However, the wolves don't apply any buff, so they are almost (but not really) separate entities, like Necro's skeletons