Rogue guide?

NinjaIX

Hey guys, I just recently found this game and decided to give it a try and so far I'm digging it.

I was wondering, does anyone have any guides or tips for the classes, but preferably rogue? I don't mean just skills, because I saw the discussion that I should go with merc 5 dodge 4 etc. Perhaps some advanced playing/pro tips? Or gear to aim for, or places to level (but I think you only get exp from quests?)

I'd also like to see more ideas about pvp skill builds, unless there's just one cookie cutter I guess.

Right now I'm a level 5 rogue, so any tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced  ;D

Welcome to the best class  :yahoo:

Most fun at the least. 

Quests are the only way to level up so my tips will focus on rogues role in groups:

Rogue is the MC dps class.  High damage but only moderate defense.  So in groups you'll need to learn to avoid pulling aggro but still putting a bit of damage into mobs. 

Gouge is great crowd control.  In most boss fights with adds rogues should focus on gouging adds/killing them then returning to help barbarians who should be tanking.

Gear: BG or Cc armor is a great start and easily attainable after level 16.  They will hold you up until you can farm some rare drops.  Arena swords are also near the top as far as performance and are also pretty easy to get.  Save your arena points for weapons and your gold and Cc for armor.  As you level up use quest gear only save your money until second island.

As for skills there being only a few makes it hard to avoid cookie cutter specs.  I'll just say that there are diminishing returns on all skills.  For example the % increase on dodge 4->5 is less than the % increase from 1->2.  So having low levels in all skills may be best for overall performance. 

I almost forgot to tell you my favorite skill combo:  start a fight with merc then gouge qued up before you reach the target.  Then stealth and merc again.  Enjoy :)

Good luck :D cya on the second island

Arena swords are also near the top as far as performance and are also pretty easy to get.  Save your arena points for weapons and your gold and Cc for armor.

I almost forgot to tell you my favorite skill combo:  start a fight with merc then gouge qued up before you reach the target.  Then stealth and merc again.  Enjoy :)

When can I start arena or rather, when is it a good idea to start?

What is Cc?

And the combo, its merc > gouge > stealth > merc?

u can start arena after lv 4 so u can start now...everyon learns from mistake so u should try your tricks n learn..this is way most ppl get...comeon not all guys have same tactic

and yes cc=crimson corundum.. u need to perform special quest but i think @14 to get cc currency to buy equip

try ur own combo n learn..sometimes you need different statergies to kill ranger n bd so the more you play more you get

i do prefer on my noob rogue is

merc>gauge>stealth>merc

or sometimes

steath>merc>gauge>merc

depends all time

i cant say more about rogue

if you make ranger  i could help u best ;)

anyway nice killing any rouge...welcome to USS :D many bad elf are still playing :spiteful:

When can I start arena or rather, when is it a good idea to start?

What is Cc?

And the combo, its merc > gouge > stealth > merc?

when is  it a good idea to participate in arena? i know you can start at 4, but thats not always the best decision.

Always use your free fights.  They cap out so use them everyday so they keep replenishing.  Win or lose you still get arena points.  I wouldn't use tickets tho until your higher in level and are more sure of wins. 

• 3 weeks later...

Always use your free fights.  They cap out so use them everyday so they keep replenishing.  Win or lose you still get arena points.  I wouldn't use tickets tho until your higher in level and are more sure of wins.

totally agree, enter arena as early as possible, win or loose get those points so by the time you reach lvl 15 you have enough AP to buy Arena weapons.... i just started playing arena and guess what, im already lvl 18, i regret the days i ignore arena....