Mermen Trials cheating guilds swappers

Robert Andrew

Dear Developers,

some guilds cannot win Mermen Trials, so their members go only for this event to other guilds with a lower level (they leave their guild an evening before the event to join the weak guild in the morning). Immediately after the event and the end of the Mermen Trials Dungeon time they return to their original guild.
As a result, lower levels guilds have no chance in fighting them. It is difficult to compete with players who daily are in the guild several levels above. If they are too weak to fight opponents at their level, this should be their problem.

It would be a good idea to add a new guild changing cooldown, besides that which lasts 6 hours. For example, you can still join another guild 6 hours after leaving the previous one, but to take part in Mermen Trials, you must join the guild 3 days before Mermen Trials. This will effectively force the cheaters to stay in a worse guild on a daily basis (less guild buffs) or to fight with guilds on an equal level.

Losing to someone better does not hurt. Losing to cowardly cheaters also does not hurt, but this makes difficult to play and discourage people. Cheaters should be punished.

Thank you kindly for any help and I wish you a good day! :)

If you are in the position to still win, why would you mind if a player joins a a lower level guild to compete for Mermen? I mean, it sounds more like a "not being capable of showing the strenght off" issue rather than punishing some cheaters. 

Besides, losing to someone you can compete with is surely stimulating and teaches you a lot. Any other case it's just bullying, from my POV. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, Higgings said:

If you are in the position to still win, why would you mind if a player joins a a lower level guild to compete for Mermen?

Probably my skills of precise writing in English fail, but I meant exactly the opposite to what you write here. If there was a chance to win, it's still ok, but there are no chances.

On 3/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, Higgings said:

Besides, losing to someone you can compete with is surely stimulating and teaches you a lot.

I agree, only that these chances must be there.

(this is a continuation of my post, because the system of writing posts defeated me)

In the case of a guilds originally at the same level, there is actually fun and competition. Sometimes you will win, sometimes you will not.

But this should not be discussed at all. The question is whether you can change the guilds freely on the event to be sure of winning. In my opinion that's cheating.

Edited by Robert Andrew