Beastmaster with staff

i was thinking what are benefits of using staff on beastmaster i am missing something? even tho 2h mace gives u more magic power, only advantage is slightly faster attacks by 0.1 diffrence.

for example why staff doesnt increase range for some spells like basic instant dmg spell and stun.

mace.JPG

staff.JPG

13 hours ago, Robert Maras said:

i was thinking what are benefits of using staff on beastmaster i am missing something? even tho 2h mace gives u more magic power, only advantage is slightly faster attacks by 0.1 diffrence.

for example why staff doesnt increase range for some spells like basic instant dmg spell and stun.

mace.JPG

staff.JPG

There is no real reason to use staffs on a bm. Moon can make use of the physical damage that comes from hammer too, so the only reason you'd want to use staff is to have ranged auto attacks. Of course you do lose a potential stat to get the physical damage but thats largely irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Raislin said:

There is no real reason to use staffs on a bm. Moon can make use of the physical damage that comes from hammer too, so the only reason you'd want to use staff is to have ranged auto attacks. Of course you do lose a potential stat to get the physical damage but thats largely irrelevant

I know all that, point of this topic is that something about that needs to be changed obviously

• 4 weeks later...

I'd argue staff is better than hammer in a lot of cases (PvP/Arena vs melees mostly), since with the hammer, yea you get more damage from Moon, but you don't really get to use auto attacks, since you would be vulnerable to getting controlled and killed. With staff, you get auto attack as much as you want while keeping your distance, that basically compensates the weaker Moon damage. Also if the Moon dies, you're not as vulnerable and limited while you wait the CD.

Edited by Gladiator