doubt about death knight build

does anyone know why on the RU-Amber server there are so many physical death knights?  Now with these new talents coming out I'm undecided on which build I'm going to do - On the one hand we have the physical dk that will take advantage of the dark fortress path that is tank.  for pve it will be great.  I don't use reserves, but the protection will get even better.  in PvP, I use reserves and blood protection and then I will use 100% of the branch.  On my server Br-toumaline, there are almost no physical death knights.  Based on that, I don't know if I use the physical build that I will take advantage of 100% of the branch in PvP, or if I build a shield and magic mace, in which case I would have to take points from reserves or from blood protection, but I would get damage more damage, since in this case I would use the knight's curse.  I'm in this doubt, I wanted someone to help me, thinking more about the arena now, I don't know if it would be worth investing in damage, since it seems that the damage of the other classes will increase.  I don't know why on Amber there are so many physical death knights and on my server there are almost none.  which one would be better?

If you want to be a physical damage dealer like Blade Dancers, Reapers or damager Barbarians, then you would have to go something like:

• Thorns of Death - 5/5
  • Dark Shield - 5/5
  • Any skill - 3/5
  • Steel Hurricane - 4/4
  • Aura of Hatred - 4/4
  • Any defensive skill - 4/4

But the damage would be a lot lower than a Magical Damage build.

Also, the new Talent Branches don't give that much options for players anymore, you'll have to fit one of the three branches given for your class if you want to use it at its fullest potential.

For Death Knight, we got: 

• Death Face - Magical Damage build
  • Dark Fortitude - Tank
  • Vampire Essence - Hybrid/Vampirism

The best choice if you wanted to go full physical would be Vampire Essence, but it would be more of a semi-tank than a damage dealer.

If you just want to be a tank, honestly, i think the damage type doesn't matter, but people prefer physical damage because it can help them deal damage with auto-attacks or something.

5 hours ago, AntraxXL said:

does anyone know why on the RU-Amber server there are so many physical death knights?  Now with these new talents coming out I'm undecided on which build I'm going to do - On the one hand we have the physical dk that will take advantage of the dark fortress path that is tank.  for pve it will be great.  I don't use reserves, but the protection will get even better.  in PvP, I use reserves and blood protection and then I will use 100% of the branch.  On my server Br-toumaline, there are almost no physical death knights.  Based on that, I don't know if I use the physical build that I will take advantage of 100% of the branch in PvP, or if I build a shield and magic mace, in which case I would have to take points from reserves or from blood protection, but I would get damage more damage, since in this case I would use the knight's curse.  I'm in this doubt, I wanted someone to help me, thinking more about the arena now, I don't know if it would be worth investing in damage, since it seems that the damage of the other classes will increase.  I don't know why on Amber there are so many physical death knights and on my server there are almost none.  which one would be better?

I play a physical damage tank Deathknight and it's a good and still viable but most goes magic as people want damage not tankiness

• 3 months later...

Well, im really thinking about to go a hybrid build, or rather full magic dk, I dont see so much benefits from phy dk.

And about this talent branches im thinking to go with The Face of Death, but I kinda want more and more life stealth, so Vampiric Essence could be the best choice, I think it can be useful for pvp and pve also

On 9/19/2023 at 12:38 PM, Popsmoke said:

Well, im really thinking about to go a hybrid build, or rather full magic dk, I dont see so much benefits from phy dk.

And about this talent branches im thinking to go with The Face of Death, but I kinda want more and more life stealth, so Vampiric Essence could be the best choice, I think it can be useful for pvp and pve also

I cannot comment about the branches but I am full physical damage Deathknight and its decent