Issues with the old templar key talents.

The first selectable talents that templar has ("Light Burn" and "Insight into the Truth") have serious problems that i believe needs fixing.

The "light burn" talent currently increases critical damage taken by monsters, while this is a nice buff to have "branded by the sun" skill also draws agression to the templar in most cases templars neglect pve aspects of the game so theyr pve sets are not that great meaning when they are forced to spam a agro skill they would just die making this basicly useless. ( i believe the whole skill should be changed or reworked but thats another topic )

Either making the target take more critical damage to make the risk to templars worth it or making this talent remove the agression from the skill could be potential fixes.

The "Insight into the Truth" talent is suposed to make the skill "touch of truth" trigger instantly while reducing the duration of the skill.

In my opinion this talent is completely worthless and also a massive nerf to the skill. I have tested the talent and while the increased speed of trigger does help land it more having it reduce the duration by that much is 100% not worth it. This talent currently does not instantly trigger the skill, it still has around a .5 to 1 second trigger.

there are multiple fixes that could be made into this for example:

*removing the decreased duration penalty (nerfing skills by using talents is a super bad mechanic, i checked multiple classes talents and i have only seen templars talent nerf the actual skill)

*Removing the instant skill trigger and increasing duration instead.

- Reworking the talent as a whole could work as a fix for this too, for example instead of the current talent u could:

*Increase the amount of people the skill hits

*Allow you to also use it on enemies instead of just allies

or completely changing how the skill works:

*Adding damage to the skill effect as a bonus

*Changing the skill to a aoe zone skill instead of the current skill.

I believe some change needs to be done to these, currently templars dont really have a choice on the talent they use since the "Strenght of Fait" talent is so much better than the other 2 for both pve and pvp content.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 161517.png

image_2023-06-20_161558534.png