Enhancing the Necromancer Experience: Addressing Issues and Proposing Skill Improvements

I've been playing the Necromancer class since 2017, and I've noticed consistent issues that other users have also mentioned.

Firstly, let's discuss the shortcomings of Necromancer's Nightmares and Panic skills. In many situations, both skills seem ineffective and impractical. They cannot be used with Necromancer's poison-based attacks, creating a contradiction for users. Attacks from other sources can easily break these skills, limiting their usefulness. When it comes to controlling effects, both skills pale in comparison to those of other classes, such as Druid's Entangling Roots or Warlock's Dark Circle. I suggest a complete overhaul of Necromancer's controlling skills—consider something like skeleton hands emerging from the ground to immobilize and disarm targets, or perhaps a bone prison. To maintain the Necromancer theme, you could introduce negative effects like weakening or silence during the skill's duration.

Next, let's address Mental Pit. It's crucial for this skill to have an area of effect (AOE) capability. Many other classes have AOE debuff skills that prove more useful than the single-target Mental Pit. Therefore, making Mental Pit an AOE skill would enhance its utility.

While there are more issues and suggestions to discuss, these are the major problems we've been dealing with.

Thank you.

I agree that Nightmares and Panic! needs to be improved, but just correcting a little misunderstanding, the Panic! skill no longer gets canceled by DOT, only auto or instant damage skills. The Panic! skill needs improvement in other regard, I say, make it a 3x3 area skill so you can use at a distance, or make it a buff like the Priest's exhaustive burden, so it can be used on allies. Both would make the skill usable in crowded fights and add a way of the Necro to support allies in such battles, too. Nightmares needs to be changed so it doesn't get canceled by DOT.