Optimizing the screen for Symbian Users.

diablos222

Hey. Ive got problem with my Nokia 5530 which is s60v5 phone. I dont know how the game look on other phones, but when I keep my phone Horizontal, menus like drop loot, buying, selling are little cut at top of the screen and its hard to tap any option there. Its really annoying because its better to play  game with phone horizontaly. Also, why there are no shortcuts on the bottom of the screen? I saw some screenshot in news about new version and there were shortcuts on the bottom of the screen, but my phone dont have it. Why?

I hope you understand what I mean, and I hope you will fix it  ;)

I agree, it is really annoying to have to change the inclination of your phone to sell or loot something. I hope they will fix this soon.

About your problem with shortcuts , on nokia 5530 you can only use them when you play on portait mode and you have changed the settings. Go to menu=>settings and find the right option(you have to check something, can't remember what it wrote)

Oh, yeah, that's an old problem. The landscape UI on symbian isn't optimized for this resolution. It's quite annoying. Many would like to see it fixed, including me.

Guest Mioco

We not planned to redraw GUI for low resolution.

We not planned to redraw GUI for low resolution.

Why not, I don't understand that. Why do you make everything right for portrait mode, but not landscape. It's like a unfinished product. Don't you realize that a lot of people play on such phones.It's not only a matter of the appearance, it's hard to tap on things that are halfway cut of (collecting loot). :unknw:

Guest Mioco

Why not, I don't understand that. Why do you make everything right for portrait mode, but not landscape. It's like a unfinished product. Don't you realize that a lot of people play on such phones.It's not only a matter of the appearance, it's hard to tap on things that are halfway cut of (collecting loot). :unknw:

It's only matter to focus on high resolution devices. Focus on low resolution devices disturbs the project develops, as well as devices with no-touch control.

It's only matter to focus on high resolution devices. Focus on low resolution devices disturbs the project develops, as well as devices with no-touch control.

So funny... phones with 360x640 screen res already have "low resolution screens". I think that this game just too bad for phones like those. Why I say that? becouse game client screen expanded 2 times, look at this screenshot:

Опубликованное фото

And now look how it should look:

Опубликованное фото

Oh we have many free space now...

Good luck with that. Its nice to hear something like this from the developer  :facepalm: Also I want to say that not everybody walk with their iPads in pocket.

Good luck with that. Its nice to hear something like this from the developer  Also I want to say that not everybody walk with their iPads in pocket.

This.

Was about to say the same thing.

This.

Was about to say the same thing.

So true.

@Zhark I agree with you, it's very funny. The game is actually low res, not the phone. It looks very pixelated. The game is just a port from the older iphone 320x480 resolution like it's shown on the screenshots as I see it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mioco

So funny... phones with 360x640 screen res already have "low resolution screens". I think that this game just too bad for phones like those. Why I say that? becouse game client screen expanded 2 times, look at this screenshot:

And now look how it should look:

Oh we have many free space now...

On resolution 320*640 without stylus can't to play. Fps about 2 (in chat), 6-8  (in others mode).

We're not talking about changing resolution. Just tweaking the menus a bit to fit on screen. Everything looks perfectly in portrait, so it could also in landscape. The menus are just to high to fit on screen, that's all. Or at least shifting them down a bit, so the lower part is cut of, not the upper.