[2013.10.24] Closing Ovi Nokia Store + installation guide

snorlax

• Developer

Dear players!

In an email that were sent out to all developers, Nokia has stated that starting from January 1st, 2014, they are going to stop accepting new applications or updates for existing Symbian and Meego apps into the Nokia Store.

If you have Symbian and MeeGo content in the Nokia Store, it will continue to be available for download to customers, and you will continue to receive reports for downloaded content. However, starting January 1, 2014, you will no longer be able to publish any new content or update existing content for Symbian and MeeGo.

This means that starting January 1, 2014 we will be unable to update our applications in Nokia Store. Unfortunately, even right now we have issues with publishing latest version of the game.

To continue playing you need to update Warspear Online from our website.

Below we publish a manual for all who install and update the game with the help of this app store.

Guide

1. Remove the old client version (Options - Application Manager - Installation settings - Choose a shortcut «Warspear Online» - press once - Options - Delete). If you do it that way you won't lose your account data.

2. When the client is proposing to update itself just follow the link to the download page (link is http://warspear-online.com/files/warspear.sisx).

If the the old client is still being dowloaded, clean up the cookies (cookie) and cache (temporary files) in your browser.

If you are downloading with your default browser, it saves the downloaded file to e/download/warspear.sisx

3. Here are there instructions for installing the client update, please follow these steps:

3.1 Setting up the certificates (in the Options menu - Application Manager - Installation Options - Remove the option "Verify Certificate").

3.2 Go to the folder e/download/ using File Manager (or another folder where you saved the file) and press “Install”. Press "Continue" when safety warnings will be appearing.

We will keep you updated.

Warspear Online dev team

Nokia :facepalm:

I love the resolution on Symbian phones :D

snorlax how long until i get reply from bug report ticket?

edit: i will at least keep on topic partly.

nokia was always a problem for us, im glad about this for one reason

i already KNOW aigrind will be FASTER with updates, because they dont have to wait for nokia anymore  :yahoo:

I still need help.. :unknw:

is pc update really released??

I deleted all temporary files about warspear in my pc (cache, cookies...) and downloaded it again, but I still get v3.7

what should I do??  :cray:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I still need help.. :unknw:

is pc update really released??

I deleted all temporary files about warspear in my pc (cache, cookies...) and downloaded it again, but I still get v3.7

what should I do??  :cray:

me too, I still cant play warspear on my pc..... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• 1 month later...