New shield skill formula

Mecha

Question

before this update, shield skills of shaman, druid and mage would increase your def and/or magic resistance by a set amount.

for druid and shaman, shield skills increased all def by 3% at lv1, and 7% at lv5

for mage, it would increase your magic res by 4% at lv1, and 12% at lv5

but now, those skills increase your def and/or magic def depending on your base stats.

in other words, the higher your def, the higher resistance you will get from shield skills.

give it a chance, dont be so quick to quit. Yes, it still means higher amp players have it easier. But because of this change, we will need less heal in PvE.

my chars still have lv5 shield. But I cant test how high they will increase def by at mid-amp because I still cant get the latest client version and therefore cant amplify magic def yet.

sit down guys, the fat lady didnt sing yet.

19 answers to this question

guild skills also, and i think the pots n scrolls will increase depending on ur base def also  :friends: i like it, makes me abit weaker than before but my enemies even weaker

it seems this was intentional

На данный момент физ. защита у магических классов ниже, чем у тех, кто носит тяжелый доспехи. Мы изменили вычисление % поглощения урона, и теперь он полностью зависит только от количественного бонуса защиты(т.е. теперь например друид применив на себя навык "дубовая кожа" не сможет получить высокую защиту). На счет навыков, я соглашусь, что остались различные проблемы для классов ближнего боя о том как эффективно "подобраться" к классам дальнего боя. Мы стараемся решить данную проблему, текущие навыки кардинально менять было бы слишком расточительно, поэтому мы будет просто постепенно добавлять новые навыки.

they mentioned knowing barkskin was different on purpose

So should i get lv3 shield back or can i keep 5 chains?

id say 5 chains.... but every mage ive spoken to (i dont have a mage) said that 3 chains is better than 5 so that your aoe damage skill (too lazy to look up name) can hit all opponents within the chains  compared to lv5 where they are all too far spread apart to hit everyone

my english is atrocious

Im leaving it at lv5 for now. Still trying to decide which gears to use, then amp magic def, then I will see how much it increases by.

Debating on using life steal amulet or going for hp.

Im leaving it at lv5 for now. Still trying to decide which gears to use, then amp magic def, then I will see how much it increases by.

Debating on using life steal amulet or going for hp.

why bother amping when lv30 is coming out next update/sooner or later?

its just another money trap, im gonna wait for update.

when i amped my lv15 arena bow 2 years ago, i did it because i assumed it wouldnt be complete trash by the time the next update comes around (boy was i wrong)

i sold my amped bow to shop for like 300 gold, was a sad day

why bother amping when lv30 is coming out next update/sooner or later?

its just another money trap, im gonna wait for update.

when i amped my lv15 arena bow 2 years ago, i did it because i assumed it wouldnt be complete trash by the time the next update comes around (boy was i wrong)

i sold my amped bow to shop for like 300 gold, was a sad day

Hahahahahaha.

Level 22 is the highest we'll get in 4.0 update.

Hahahahahaha.

Level 22 is the highest we'll get in 4.0 update.

ive been +0 armor since amp system came out, i think i can wait  ;)

im not saying i wont amp, im saying i wont amp gear that will soon be inferior

time to amp my lv14  8)

Kinda going off topic

but in my whole time playing this game, Ive never had a single +10 item

I have a +9 lv15 arena staff on necro

and a +8 lv15 arena staff on druid

other than that, all my items have always been +7 or less. In most cases, less.

Im not worrying about making a boss warmachine just yet. there will be higher level items and possibly more skills.

that will be a better time to amp high. As for now, Id rather keep enough amp just to get by, and at the same time having many different ways to kill airheads :blush:

Hahahahahaha.Level 22 is the highest we'll get in 4.0 update.

Sad but true... But I think that it will be increased to 24 and not 22. That means we will reach to level 50 in about... 10 years.

Sad but true... But I think that it will be increased to 24 and not 22. That means we will reach to level 50 in about... 10 years.

I think it's 60% 22, and 40% 24. However I'm 90% sure the best items will be for level 21.

i said sooner or later we will be at level 30  ;)

i can wait, ive got nothing but time

in the meantime i will continue buying low/selling high, and awaiting that new update which will finally make me want to spend all my gold

oh and to stay on topic it doesnt look like shields will go back to the way they used to, as i posted earlier its already known by admins

I am so confused about barkskin, I have 2 points at lvl 16 and I don't get one bit of defense rarely it defends me for 1 point, sooo instead of 56 dmg I'm taking 55 dmg. Supposedly there is an improvement coming... I would figure that it would cover by percentage, 1 = 10% 2 =15% 3 = 20% 4 = 25% 5 = 30% off base armor! because everyone weapon is improving but my defense is low, it might be off my base armor but I'm not twinking my low lvl! I like my toons to be capped. Boring to be a lvl 12 arena bot, arena is boring to boot, time for some other stuff.

I am so confused about barkskin, I have 2 points at lvl 16 and I don't get one bit of defense rarely it defends me for 1 point, sooo instead of 56 dmg I'm taking 55 dmg. Supposedly there is an improvement coming... I would figure that it would cover by percentage, 1 = 10% 2 =15% 3 = 20% 4 = 25% 5 = 30% off base armor! because everyone weapon is improving but my defense is low, it might be off my base armor but I'm not twinking my low lvl! I like my toons to be capped. Boring to be a lvl 12 arena bot, arena is boring to boot, time for some other stuff.

barkskin has changed numerous times, to my knowledge its no longer scaled by level of skill, its a mixture of level of skill + current defense, making it more efficient to shield tanks over yourself in arena (but nobody knows that so they just shield themselves + instantly die for not using any strategy besides running straight and getting 1 hit)