Deleting lvl 1 characters

Christiano

We have too many non-active lvl 1 characters taking up name spaces that we - active players - want to claim for renaming or making new character. I know this have been suggested many times but I only ask you to delete every lvl 1 character on the game. Why not ? There is no good reason to keep those names taken from us. It doesnt affect any negative effects to game either. Because if you have just made lvl1 character and it will get deleted, you can make new one instantly after scheluded maintenance. So, how to delete these names then ? Inform players in forum and in game that there will be scheluded maintenance, and names of lvl1 characters will be deleted. All deleting progress happens under maintenance. :)

I know this have been suggested many times.

If u know then u know the answer so stop posting the same topic.

It's already been answered, they will not do this.

You'll have to use the old

Xnamex

Inamel

namez

and so on.

Amateurism...

I respect the gms a great lot but recently, i have created a new char on US Sapphire and something came to my mind...

"Gorsch" was the name of my first account ever in ws, back in version 3.6, then i wondered "Maybe it's still there right?" ... Take a guess....

A lvl 2 DK occupying space in a server and taking an account number for kix n giggles, i lost access to the account but it is still there.

Idle account deletion is just so natural in MMORPGs, just here it seems to be strange, maybe with this feature ws wouldn't have reached the mark of 4 million players.. If it has indeed that is.

If u know then u know the answer so stop posting the same topic.

They never answered.. If they did answer in some topic, I haven't seen it. But these lvl 1 characters are huge problem.

They never answered.. If they did answer in some topic, I haven't seen it. But these lvl 1 characters are huge problem.

Use the search feature.

It's been answered multiple times.

Same thing happened to me when I wanted the name Sange at EU but it was taken by a lowbie, I asked the Devs and emailed support if it was possible to check the account's ( Not the characters ) last log in and if it was over half a year inactive if they could delete it so I could take the name, even if it was that way they said they won't delete it. Even if the account itself was inactive for a year.

Let's just wait and see, it's bound to come one day assuming 50% of Warspear characters right now are unused lowbies.

Hopefully, cause the want that Boss name so bad.

Use the search feature.

It's been answered multiple times.

Same thing happened to me when I wanted the name Sange at EU but it was taken by a lowbie, I asked the Devs and emailed support if it was possible to check the account's ( Not the characters ) last log in and if it was over half a year inactive if they could delete it so I could take the name, even if it was that way they said they won't delete it. Even if the account itself was inactive for a year.

Let's just wait and see, it's bound to come one day assuming 50% of Warspear characters right now are unused lowbies.

Hopefully, cause the want that Boss name so bad.

Maybe numbers should be allowed to be used in names so there will plenty of options.

And who knows maybe someone has stored millions of gold in lvl1 char and just inactive , planning to return when game becomes interesting for him...

Check the other 1001 topics on this. You might find the answer there ;)

Lol topic, i know so much lvl 1 in game but thats not ur's ;)

do you ever have anything useful or important to say?

they see me Russellin', they hatin', patrollin' they trying to catch me spamming dirty

Maybe numbers should be allowed to be used in names so there will plenty of options.

And who knows maybe someone has stored millions of gold in lvl1 char and just inactive , planning to return when game becomes interesting for him...

Well I already said that it will be announced through forum and game. So if he doesn't see information about it, he have quited for too long. Game is meant for active players

We're considering the possibility of deleting unused/forgotten low level characters, looks like we can do something about this situation.

We're considering the possibility of deleting unused/forgotten low level characters, looks like we can do something about this situation.

Would it be possible like right now? Let's say, if the situation was just like I previously posted, the account which that character is in has been inactive for 3 months or more, would it be possible? Maybe even check the inventory and equipments to be sure it is 100% a useless and forgotten character. I mean, who wouldn't log their account for 3 months or more? Sure, there are a SMALL amount of reasons but we are talking about a ~lv5 character with nothing useful in it.

You could just log them.

I mean, what's the point of "saving" names if you're not even gonna use them any time soon?

If you really like the name then I don't see how hard it is to log in that lv1 character once a month, I mean it only takes literally 2 seconds to do so, If I had to log it every 24 hours then I would, just for the sake of keeping that name I want to use in the future, heck I'd even level it to 11 if that was needed.

I've deleted every "saved" name I had cause I was never gonna use any unless I'd make a new character, only saved my old names in case fangays decide to pose.

Banks are meant to hold valuable things, so why wouldn't a person log their bank character in less than even a week? I'd log mine atleast 5 times a DAY if I were still active. Doubt they would even reach a point where they were near to inactive, even for a  day. If I had a lv1 bank and went inactive til lv30, let's say it comes in 5 months and then Devs implement a system that auto-deletes every 3 month inactive lv1-8 character then I'd level my bank to 9.

With these facts considered, all the completely USELESS characters would be deleted, it would just be automatic.

It's not always about you. Or any individual player. It's about EVERYONE.

In my opinion, a low level character that has been inactive for a month is near to useless, an account inactive for 3 months is just forgotten. I mean, in your days of college or whatever, you must have atleast even just an hour break to log in your online games.

Keeping your bank/name saving character from being auto-deleted only takes less than a day to do so, leveling to 14 just takes 2 days. And Devs will probably give you a month or more time to do so. Obviously, only low level characters would be deleted, all you'd have to do is make that bank/name saving character a mid level. Simple as that.

for lv6-9 arena characters ( Assuming lv9 and below inactives get auto-deleted ) then Devs could make a note that stops them from getting deleted on the player's request, ofcourse there should be requirements for this, ex. Twink equipments. But I don't see any point of lv1-9 arena twinking, if a person just wanted easy AP for a char he would level, he'd make it lv10. And once again it only takes less than a day to level to 10.

I created a char of every class for the purpose to check and try the skills. It was/is for understanding the posibilities and understanding the classes. I think my bladedancer lvl 3 i haven't logged in in 6 months, the same for my barb. Except 2 days ago i started to level up my barb to 10 just for fun in arena (and it is now lvl 7, so it does not take 2 days to make a lvl 14 char for me). My paladin lvl 3 i used in the events after a long time of inactivity! (and is now lvl 6 ;D). I don't use them for storage or something, so they do not hold valuable stuff. But i would dislike it when they are deleted.

I really think you are underestimate the time of leveling up a char. Yes, lvl 3 takes 30 minutes, but lvl 10 takes at least 4 days. I even think i will not make it in 4 days with my barb. Maybe the exception is a ranger.

Well, if they were that important to you or you don't WANT them to be deleted, then you can just simply prevent it.

Assuming the minimum option of auto-deleting schedule would be every month of inactivity.

So you just have to simple log in once a month to stop it from getting deleted.

Now assuming 25% of inactive people would be busy in real life.

If you WANT it not to get deleted, simply level it to 11 anytime.

Max level is 20 so I doubt a character 60% near to max level would get deleted.

It only takes 2 days of play time to get to lv14, no? Devs would give you a month of time to atleast level it to 11 and go inactive for a month without worrying, or just simply logging in once a month.

Same thing would go to banks.

Sounds fair for everyone, right?

Just a note - The estimated times I've said are playing-times not in-real-life-times. If you are really dedicated then you'd focus on questing. I have power leveled a character to 14 and 18, I know how long it would take if you were 100% serious about it.

Bye bye lvl 10 arena chars if the limit would be lvl 11 :P

I know a lot of ppl who go over 4 weeks on a holiday without internet connection.

But if it is about lvl 1 chars, inactive for 1 month; yes, kill them. They didnt even do the extra bag-quest, so they are not serious about it.

Yup, I have some ideas to prevent these things from happening, I'm sure Devs have even more ideas aswell. But there is no point of giving our ideas if it's not official yet.

And yes, I'd suggest lv8 and below characters get deleted, since lv9-10 are twink levels.

And just for the peeps, that novel I've wrote is just incase anyone would disagree with this without thinking how organized things will be than Devs just checking out a list of characters who haven't logged in a month then pressing delete, ofcourse there would be other things to check.

what if somone goes to jail for a year?

His fault, I guess. XD

Like I said, there are ways.

Only time that would cause a problem if that person was in jail from a month after this system is implemented and the times before that, cause then he'd have no way to save his characters.

But then again, why would a person who went to jail and served his time there come back to Warspear? I'd be focusing on my real life if that'd happen.

lol yea, but just an example. It wouldnt be fair to lose something you have invested in.

even though going to jail WILL cause setbacks one way or another

but someone might go serve in the military or something and they probably wouldnt want to lose something they rightfully own.

I like this idea but I doubt there will be a way to make 100% of the ppl happy.

There is a max level requirement of the characters that will get deleted, it won't be too high.

There will be a time requirement as well, giving the player a HUGE amount of time to level that character to stop it from being in the requirements which auto-delete it.

Devs can check the inventory of the accounts to make sure.

Devs can add a section in the Official Warspear site and add a section where you can put an option that will stop that account from getting deleted, ofcourse which has requirements, must either be a Bank or an Arena twink. Devs will check the item and inventory to be sure, and ofcourse check the logs if bastards try to fool Devs by sneaking in goods to a character that is saving a name then just taking the goods out after it has been removed from the auto-delete system. Saving names is completely unfair if you don't use the name, there is no excuse to this.

And there are over a hundred other ideas out there. Some which require check each character invidually, which requires more work but makes it more secure.

With the ones I've just stated, the chances of a person getting an important character deleted is one out of a hundred.

With a team in-charge of this and checking characters in-case of equipments or items being banked or used for arena before they get deleted, the chances would be one out of a billion.

Hey don't worry yet, nobody said what that "low lvl" means. My suggestion was only for lvl 1 players, R0lands was just "low lvls". It probaply means max 3lvl. Because arena starts at lvl 4 and you can have max lvl 6 arena characters. Another thing that you missed is that I and R0land both said that un used and non-active characters. Logging in month is not hard job to do.. Anyway you over reacted, I'm sure that they have way to do it right :) Thank you for answers and opinions :friends:

But... but... what about the names we are saving for the future  :cray: (jk)

Plus okay, if you are only considerating to delete lvls 1 it wont be hard to lvl it to 2 or 3.

If you are considerating to delete also lvl 2-3 ... considerate that current bags slot aren't enough for most of us, so we create low lvl characters to keep our stuff. Lots of time i do not open my banks...

So my question...

Do you mean all low lvls, or just the ones who are in a separate account, whitout any active high lvl?

Ok, i just read wat Jamie wrote.

What do you mean by saying useless characters?

So, if it is like that... even if i do not log my banks, theycan't be delete cus i equipped them whit costumes, novices, hair colour, hair style. Being a bank doesnt mean to be ugly u.u

And in my own, i do not like messy banks (I'm a virgo u.u) so one is for Crystals&runes only, one for scrolls, pots, cards, one for costumes n gear... etc.

Say Hi to my little girls  ;D

87224_.png

But... but... what about the names we are saving for the future  :cray: (jk)

Plus okay, if you are only considerating to delete lvls 1 it wont be hard to lvl it to 2 or 3.

If you are considerating to delete also lvl 2-3 ... considerate that current bags slot aren't enough for most of us, so we create low lvl characters to keep our stuff. Lots of time i do not open my banks...

So my question...

Do you mean all low lvls, or just the ones who are in a separate account, whitout any active high lvl?

I don't actually know, probaply  every character under any account but it's not hard to lvl 4 or log in every month (maybe) with that character. I follow what developers are doing, but again my suggestion only includes deleteting lvl 1 characters. :)

So my question...

Ok, i just read wat Jamie wrote.

What do you mean by saying useless characters?

So, if it is like that... even if i do not log my banks, theycan't be delete cus i equipped them whit costumes, novices, hair colour, hair style. Being a bank doesnt mean to be ugly u.u

And in my own, i do not like messy banks (I'm a virgo u.u) so one is for Crystals&runes only, one for scrolls, pots, cards, one for costumes n gear... etc.

Say Hi to my little girls  ;D

That's why Devs should make a way for players to inform them that their character shouldn't be deleted either cause it's a bank or an arena character, or just simply has things you've paid for. When you send a request to them, they will check your characters inventory and equipped items to see if it's true, they should also check the logs of trades to see if the player just transfered items to it to save it's name, fooling the Devs. So when they delete it they will just uncheck all the characters in that certain list and delete all the others which have been inactive and is at that certain level.

It's kinda like deleting your mail.

For example. All your mail is the inactive characters then you uncheck all Facebook emails which will be the characters that are confirmed banks and arena characters and press delete, deleting all your mails except Facebook emails.

But I doubt Devs are gonna put any work to this.

Shitley,  the way you are saying it gaves to much work to devs. Just imagine they checking every player account.

And about the trades...well... in my banks everything is traded, as i wrote i like everything in order, clean, whitout mess xD so it can happens i have to do many trasnfers. (When i got the time 1x at year.)

But in any case i'd like this characters, useless to be deleted. If i need to log or lvl my banks i will do it.

That's what search is for, they just search the character and done.

But still, even just deleting them is alot of work, doubt they're doing it.

Some ppl download this game, play it, dont like it, and uninstall.

If a player isnt going to use a name, they shouldnt let it go to waste either. I say of a char is under lv10 and inactive for 60 days, the acc owner should get a notification or email warning them to log in or the char/acc will be deleted, or they could simply change the name to "$reservedXX001" or something, in case they someday return. Then they would have to pick a new name if their old one was taken.. but they wont lose the char.

for anyone who takes this game serious enough to be pissed off about losing name it shouldnt take more than 60 days to pass lv10...

just imagine. With so many chars being created we will soon run out of names. they will eventually have to increase max name size or let us use numbers/symbols in order to create new chars.

That's what search is for, they just search the character and done.

But still, even just deleting them is alot of work, doubt they're doing it.

No work.

Set parameters:

Last login date. Amount of Miracle Coins bought.

Apply parameters.

Done, the system does the rest, they can even program it to not delete, just store it as Mecha said, removing name, and the gms can even receive a report on who's got deleted on their Inboxes for Kicks and Giggles...

With the Storage feature, the report would be even more useful since if a player gets the Status "Dormant/Idle" he can simply come back online, claim the name if it wasn't used by another player in the midtime, play back again.

And just like the spam gets deleted from our Spam boxes in our emails, "Dormant/Idle/Inactive" Players get deleted after a period of time. This time for good.

All they have to do is to set the parameters and the system does the rest. And obviously, make it the First Clause of the EULA, so nobody comes ♥♥♥♥♥in' about.

Oh , my suggestion is if they still of-line in 6 months delete it.

Devs aware of popularity in low arena brackets, monthly or bi-monthly auto deletes really wouldn't be necessary, how many years have gone by with tons of unused characters given no attention at all. I think this might be something done from time to time to clean up inactives from database.

In an mmo I used to play inactive characters were wiped once a year according to certain reasonable parameters. I'm sure aigrind won't want the hassle of implementing something that will inconvenience themselves or the players.

Lv3 or lower characters on id's that haven't been logged in x amount of months to me seems like the kind of thing that would be happening here

that and any acc inactive for X amount of days and never set an email/password also.

most of those are abandoned accs or people who didnt like WS and uninstalled it.

diana1995

Molly is a name, Moly is the same whitout an L.

Yzumi is from some japanese anime.

Mait from another game.

Where is the imagination? XD

diana1995

Molly is a name, Moly is the same whitout an L.

Yzumi is from some japanese anime.

Mait from another game.

Where is the imagination? XD

Well atleast she uses those names actively :)