ABOUT UPDATE

jawkens

The costumes do not relate to religion in ANY way

......other than the time of year they are released.

Maybe the creators of the game don't celebrate Islam?  :unknw:

So they make content for popular holidays they care about,

which is in no way prejudice.  :drinks:

As far as I know devs are russian and the mayority of russians (and I belive its the national religion too) is ortodox christians. Besides christmas isnt christian to begin with its a old pagen celebration and even the norsemen (as myself) celebrated a form of christmas long before christians and santa. So I feel like christmas is neutral. All swedes celebrate christmas but less then 10% visit the church during the holidays. Thank santa I live in a secular country :P

As far as I know devs are russian and the mayority of russians (and I belive its the national religion too) is ortodox christians. Besides christmas isnt christian to begin with its a old pagen celebration and even the norsemen (as myself) celebrated a form of christmas long before christians and santa. So I feel like christmas is neutral. All swedes celebrate christmas but less then 10% visit the church during the holidays. Thank santa I live in a secular country :P

Well said Well said  :good:

Christmas isn't Christian hahahaha! Its a holiday that we commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ! How is that not Christian. Pagans celebrated the winter solstice and had their own ways of celebrating bfor Christ. After Christianity spread n people were converted they carried some of their traditions with Christianity.

That is the one of the main reason why we do not directly call World Creation Holiday as Christmas - it is mainly related to Warspear universe and has no links to religion of the real world. We respect any religion and do not want to hurt any feelings. Think of our events as they are more "seasonal" - Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn.

So, I see more people celebrating santa then the birth of a make believe story boy. Like I said less then 10% visit church here during the holidays. Over 80% believe its a time for family (and nothing religigous) Some of you might get a minor stroke seeing how secular sweden is, but persoanlly I couldnt live in a none secular country.

Most celebrations and rituals started of as astronomical. For example the vikings believed that a giant wolf god tried to eat the sun during an eclipse. To prevent this the vikings had to be as loud and fearful as possible to scare the wolf god away and as we know eclipses passes and the vikings could rejoy in a victory over evil. Most celebrations are the same its just modern religouns have changed the meaning from astronomy to make belive people and stories. If you ask me, the old ways of responding to nature and astronomy makes alot more sense then reading made up stories. If religoun had 'copyright' a few thousand years ago, things would be alot diffrent.

arinars world creation day is trying to be like old astronomy worshipping (aside from the fact this world actually have magic and supernatural beings) it is about the creation of the world not the birth of prophets. And yes alot of the items look like santa things, but as I pointed out you dont need jesus to have santa. Santa is his own thing and even santa traditions differ from country to country. Here in sweden santa was adapted from old folklore gnomes and that have heavily influensed our traditions around santa.

as far as i know, (i may be wrong) the original santa comes from russia. a skinny man with green clothes (more like the elfs in snow boundaries) coca-cola made him an old fat man in red clothes.

and in greece where the most ppl like in russia are christian orthodox, they celebrade the santa. not jesus. santa is a part of their history. jesus is a part of their religion.

With christmas we celebrate the light. After christmas the days become longer instead of shorter. I don't have any connection with any religion.

thats right the pagans celebrated the sun at 25th december. but then the new religion came up. so what they do? ppl allready celebrate that day they not gonna stop no matter what. so the idea comes up. lets say that jesus was born that day. (we all know he was born on march)

Here are some interesting things to read up on. I thought I'd share! :)

About Santa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

About Paganism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

About Christianity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity