Dofus - Tactical Turn-based MMORPG

Azebu

Dofus

What's Dofus?

Dofus is a Flash based MMORPG developed and published by Ankama Games.

Dofus takes place in 'The World of Twelve', named so because there are 12 gods which inhabit it. Players control a 2D character belonging to one of the 15 classes.

The thing that makes a Dofus unique, is the battle system.

Basically speaking, players take turns fighting on an isometric 2d arena.

Each turn you start out with a certain amount AP and MP (Base amount is 6 and 3).

For 1MP you can move your character to another adjacent cell. For xAP (depends on what ability you want to use) you can use the ability.

There are 4 main elements, and 4 linked statistics. Earth (Strength), Fire (Intelligence), Water (Chance), and Air (Agility). Maxing those statistics increases your damage with linked element. 100 in stat turns into +100% damage.

Most spells deal elemental damage. Most of the time, there are 2 statistics which benefit your class. But depending which one you take as your main stat, your character will change into very different thing. For example, most players make Int Eniripsas which are great healers, but about 10% of them are Cha Enis, who have only 1 water based spell, yet it's enough to turn them into a tanky damage dealers, with lots of life-drain.

Now, classes. 15 classes, each of them with different playstyle. I could type out all of their pros and cons and whatnot, but I could do so for hours. Just for a quick overview, look right here.

http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Class

The game is best played with friends. And no, not like the others. Basically:

-if you die, but your party wins a fight, you don't really die.

-some of the drops can ONLY drop if your party has certain amount of people.

-drops aren't spread between party members. Everyone gets his own drop rolls, so the more people, the better

-game is HEAVILY based on cooperation

The crafting system is original here.

You can craft almost every equipable item in the game.Moreover, you HAVE to craft high level items, because only resources can drop.

Player can have up to 3 professions, and there are about 20 to choose from.

The game is Pay2Play, but you can freely explore and play the game for free. If you ever played Tibia, it's almost exactly the same.

Without paying, you can fight monsters in specified area (you can get there to level 100 no problem). You can level your profession to 30. You can team up with friends. You can duel with friends. For as long as you want.

And the price of subscription isn't big. iirc, it costs you one 3$ SMS to buy subscription for one week, and about 1$ while buying big amount of money.

Higher level players can get subscription for gold, so after some time, you can become self-efficient.

Lastly, there is a special server, called Oto Mustam.

Death here, results in you going back to level 1, and losing all your equipment to killer.

Experience and drops are x3, and after dying, you get extra x2 exp to the level you died on.

Because of that, there are some PKers hunting for your gear. As I said earlier, dying but winning saves you, so having some friends helps alot.

Winning a fight with 6HP left is a great experience.

Also, on this server, you get 3 times more cash, so it's even easier to get money for subscription here.

Right now I'm playing on Oto Mustam, until I die, after that I'll go back to Rushu.

I have Str Sram and Agi Srams, so it would be good if you didn't make one. (Now, I don't mean DON'T MAKE ONE OR WE KICK YOU FROM GUILD, we can have two Srams. But not 30. Or more.)

#Edityo numba 1

So, there is a sequel to this game, Wakfu. Now, why am I playing Dofus?

The battle system is similiar, yet in opinion of some people (me included) Wakfu battle system is slightly better. It just feels smoother for me.

Yet, Wakfu is better combat in worse game.

Basically, the entire government system (being run by players), ecology (You need to let monsters respawn or they will die out (read as : already did because of some people not knowing that, and now they need to be repopulated so the circle can repeat)), kamas, and overally changing the playstyles of each class. Less content, servers are empty, etc. But it's still beta, might be good in the future.

>Yo aze, I started playing, wat do.

Well, I guess you finished tutorial. Look at the wiki to check what build is good for your class. Basically the main, popular one is always the cheapest, most beginner friendly.

So now, go to kill monsters. Look at the map and you'll see a lake. Go there to find Piwis. Those chickens drop pretty gud gear for beginner. Full 6 part set will give you good bonuses, and you'll always go first in fights. They also drop Piwi feathers and sesame seeds, which can be used to craft said gear. Look at this link below to see what You need to get to get a pretty gud weapon for the start. After that go to the east, there is a cemetary with Skeletons. Kill them for a good exp. It'sa good place for f2p. Right above there is a guy with balloon. You can tak to him to get to Astrub, or mainland if You want. To get back, just click your class statue.

http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Telma_Faker

Edit 2:

I forgot to tell you about challenges.

After hitting level 5, every PvE fight from now on will have 1 challenge (2 for dungeons). Those challenges give you bonus exp and drop. The amount depends of enemy group size and the type of challenge. The challenge is for entire group, so if someone does something illegal, the challenge is failed and no-one gets the bonus

Examples? Zombie (Use only 1MP every turn for the duration of fight), Untouchable (Don't get damaged), Scanty (You can use each skill only ONCE for the duration of fight [that gives about +150-190% bonus]), Cruel (Kill mobs in order from lowest level to highest level)

This is very fun, and also rewards you for doing this

List of playas (Rushu server): (Keep refreshing if 404)

Azebu - Strength Sram, Undine - Chance Sacrier;

Mydevil - Eniripsa

After watching a gameplay video on youtube, man, the game seems awesome o_o

Will try and play it as soon as im able to, thanks for posting this.

I Actually went to try this a couple of days ago.

I Stopped after downloading the client. Im on prepaid atm.. cant afford 400 and something meg for updates and cache.  :crazy:

Maybe when i can move to a better house where i can get broadband installed.

Seems to look like a great game, But ill keep Warspear first for now.

I Actually went to try this a couple of days ago.

I Stopped after downloading the client. Im on prepaid atm.. cant afford 400 and something meg for updates and cache.  :crazy:

Maybe when i can move to a better house where i can get broadband installed.

Seems to look like a great game, But ill keep Warspear first for now.

Patched game is abou 1.2GB. If you have a netbook or something, or you know someone with it, I would go around and leech from open WiFis/hotspots. 100MB here, 50 there, maybe go somewhere everyday. Maybe some friend could dl it and copy for you.  :3

After watching a gameplay video on youtube, man, the game seems awesome o_o

Will try and play it as soon as im able to, thanks for posting this.

Good to hear.

I'm gonna add some info why this is better than Wakfu, the sequel. And maybe some newbie FAQ

Wakfu is better.

just for You:

Wakfu is better combat in worse game.

Basically, the entire government system (being run by players), ecology (You need to let monsters respawn or they will die out (read as : already did because of some people not knowing that, and now they need to be repopulated so the circle can repeat)), kamas, and overally changing the playstyles of each class. Less content, servers are empty, etc. But it's still beta, might be good in the future.

I tried single player Dofus a while back, was fun, I enjoyed the gameplay but at the time had many lag and crashing issues. Perhaps it is time to revisit this new online installment.

Yesterday a new Update came out adding:

- Achievements

- Character Customization (now each class has 8 different face styles)

- New end-game gear

- Average item value is now displayed under item description

- Resource Maturity System - Already implemented with monsters, basically the more time passes after tree/vein/wheat respawned, the more resources You will get for harvesting it.

Also, Today, the Cash Shop has -36% off of every item. You can get good items for levels 35-45 there.

• 2 weeks later...

The game has loads of content though.

If yu have problem where you can't download the game because of that, I could actually cut it to smaller parts and upload them. Or 7zip it, so it would weight much less.

The game has loads of content though.

If yu have problem where you can't download the game because of that, I could actually cut it to smaller parts and upload them.

thats gotta be nice  ;D

So, you want split-up or zipped version? Or is that not a big problem?

both...

the zipped split-up file...  ;D  (i got a really creep connection here  :wacko: )

both...

the zipped split-up file...  ;D  (i got a really creep connection here  :wacko: )

I tried.

I tried zipping it with good conversion quality, but all I managed to get was -15%. Also I have no idea where could I upload this so it would download with appropriate speed. Sorry :C

I tried.

I tried zipping it with good conversion quality, but all I managed to get was -15%. Also I have no idea where could I upload this so it would download with appropriate speed. Sorry :C

its ok :drinks:

ill try to download it later with IDM (internet download manager)... ;D

thanks for your help :)

• 3 weeks later...

is it playable in mobile phone?

I will try to download this game.ty

Officially, no.

But I am 100% sure it WILL work on Android based phones. The problem is, I don't know how. I have some ideas to do it, but because my phone doesn't even has flash, I can't test them for now :(

Officially, no.

But I am 100% sure it WILL work on Android based phones. The problem is, I don't know how. I have some ideas to do it, but because my phone doesn't even has flash, I can't test them for now :(

ok thanks.

I have android phone and laptop too.

I think I can download it .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DOFUS PATCHING SUCKS

SO I DELETED IT :facepalm:

I Really want to try this game, but i'm still stuck on the initial patch size.  :facepalm:

Patience is a virtue.

However, maybe you guys do have problems. Care to explain more?

Guest XthekingX

Ill try it :pleasantry:

• 3 months later...

Sony Vaio Driver Download could be the first to get information about it and automatically install it for your computer. For automatically installing and updating Sony Vaio device Drivers, you can install Sony Vaio Driver Download. Since the database of Sony Vaio Driver has more than 2 million drivers information and has more than 100,000 pieces of unique devices information, including any Sony Tablet made after 1994.

Brother Printer Drivers Download is a fast, easy firmware that updates your PC drivers automatically and instantly and keep them new. Brother Printer Drivers Download Utility can support and update drivers for most hard wares,for example, such as computer, USB driver, graphics card, audio card, printer, scanner and wireless card, etc. and support nearly all hard ware brands exist in market.

repair runtime error  shares distinguished features in fixing computer errors that can fix the error in few minutes. what's more, the using of runtime error on Java  will bring you with better optimization, manages startup and desktop, assists you with maintaining browser objects, internet options, system service, and repairs file extensions.

Compact Flash Card Recovery Pro only costs users 3 steps when they want to recover deleted, formatted, lost and inaccessible pictures, videos and audio files from digital camera, memory card, USB drive, internal hard drive, and other storage devices. Corrupted CF Card Recovery is specialized in recovering files from CF card.

With this smart dll missing fixer, You will never worry abouthow to download dll files anymore! The reason for Smart Dll Not Found Fixer's popularity is that this tool can not only fix dll missing errors, but also use a high-performance detection algorithm that will quickly identify missing and invalid references in your Windows registry. All in all, Smart Dll Error Fixer is suitable for people whose computer have dll error issues, registry errors, windows installer errors and any other computer problems.

tuneup utilities 2013 is touted as your "ultimate PC cleaner, optimizer and troubleshooter." Features include a disk cleaner, browser cleaner, and  "Live Optimization 2.0," on stopping performance-sapping programs. tuneup utilities 2013 key also claims improvements in set-up accomplishment and bootup time. As yet how well does this sheaf of PC cleanup utlilities definitely work? Representing this review, we subject the latest copy of tuneup utilities 2013 to the test.

How will google sniper review Make Me Money? google sniper is a very very comprehensive system that teaches/ shows you step by step hot to build targeted websites/ blog that rank very highly in the search engines.

YOU ♥♥♥♥♥ duckK OFF GET THE duck OUT OF HERE ♥♥♥♥♥

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good goy.

Cough

Thank you for the offer but still installing everyday, it just crashes and have to reinstall --