Math. simple dps calculator

Bloodylipa

Hey guys its me again. So im tired of getting spammed with pms, people telling me 'to use spear'. First of all I wouldnt dream of a spear - id use 2h sword if I was forced to 2h. With that being said, stop blaming shield users for you not winning. Obviously its not me when I play with antique and cruzzy we rarely ever lose. And yes they are good and I know how theey play and it helps but dont get on my back about spears when I can dominate with other people. So to reduce the spear racism against shields ive made a simple dps calculator to see how big the diffrence is between shield and 2h.

This is my formula:

10(  ( ( SD(1-C) ) + ( 2SD * C ) ) / ( WS(1-AS) )  ) +

1.429( ( T(1-C) ) + ( 2T * C ) ) + ( ( E(1-C) ) + ( 2E * C ) )

SD = Swing damage (hit a critter to get the value)

C = Critical hit chance (in decimals)

WS = Weapon speed (example 2.0s swing rate)

AS = Attack speed (your attack speed stat, in decimals)

T = Thorns (hit a critter to get the value)

E = Exhalation of darkness (hit a critter to get value)

1.429 is a constant from 10/7 to compensate for the fact thorns cooldown is only 7sec and not 10sec. 10sec which is our whole range.

So if everything is correct this formula should calculate your average damage over the span of 10 seconds using normal swing damage, thorns, and exhale. If you want true DPS divide your aswer with 10. This formula is not perfect - it will not consider or compensate for accuracy or penetration, only critical hit chance. It doesnt consider any type of DPS lost for animations either so your value will most likely be somewhat better then your actual ingame DPS.

So remember its not perfect but should be a very good estimate of your dps.

cheers bloody

This was suppose to be an interactiv post for people to use and share dps. I think you guys/gals can take 10mins and do alittle math outside of school/work. Swedish people always come with the argument 'why should I learn math? When will I ever use it in life?' Its right here applied in a everyday (nerdy) problem, but still there you have it. I would really appriciate it if people would share their results.

without you, this post dont say much...

Dam i suck at doing that kind of maths :blush:  i forget what to do or stuff like that but ive got +6 acute blade and +4 smoking spear  :bad:  so idk whats it  8) :facepalm: