As a PvE tank do you really need to be full agro?

What I mean by "full agro", is having the base agro skill 5/5 and death call 4/4. A lot of death knights seem to be using this build, I asked a few of them ingame. But I really think it sucks to have a build like that, because you lose a lot of damage and defense from other skills. Is it really necessary to have a build like that or can you just put 3/5 on the base agro and that's enough to tank any boss?

Hmm 3/5 might work too. But DeathCall at 1/4 might be not that good, indeed, unless you have a stock of Aggro Potions with you

If you focus on tanking, you don't need high damage. Only defence and aggro 🙂 Otherwise your healers are gonna die, especially when it comes to huge bug groups. 

36 minutes ago, Heredurian said:

Doesnt Death Call depends on mdmg too? Higher mdmg better Death Call? Cause it deals mdmg + aggro mobs.

That's correct, but you don't necessarily use the magic damage to make it stronger; this class uses the magic damage offensively. DeathKnights cannot rely on magic damage in any known way to make it somehow useful in a defensive or supportive matter, like a Paladin or a Charmer. That's for now, at least. 

On 7/23/2019 at 1:57 AM, Higgings said:

Hmm 3/5 might work too. But DeathCall at 1/4 might be not that good, indeed, unless you have a stock of Aggro Potions with you

My dealth call is 1/4, and i can hold agro just fine without agro pots. With mace, no magic, and shield my dmg is 853. It also helps i have 13k+ defense. 

On 7/23/2019 at 5:08 AM, Baphometh said:

is having the base agro skill 5/5 and death call 4/4

there is absolutely no need for that, at max leveling Provocation 3/5 should be enough, in the first place we don't know if leveling death call will increase the aggro power

the fact that death call aggro all mobs around you towards you is enough

try it and if you still can't maintain aggro then i recommend this

Capture.PNG

more than that its just an overkill or you want to steal bosses from others

54 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

in the first place we don't know if leveling death call will increase the aggro power

It does. And it should also increase the aggro range. But for this last one, Idk. I have no proves to confirm my theory.