Best classes for PvE, skills and builds

Malik Campbell

Question

I'm going to leave the f2p side of warspear soon because I want to invest into the PvE side of it.  I love doing DG than Arena and I would love if anyone can give me a list of classes that are PvE most haves (Tanks, Healers and Damage Dealers from MC,  forsaken, firstborn and Chosen). 

24 answers to this question

You can also be f2p when going for pve xD

Generally, Sentinel classes are a little bit better in pve than Legion classes. 

The ultimate damaging class is Mage, Wardens are probably the best tanks you could possibly have.

Wardens and mages are propably best pve solo classes for opposite reason

mage is the unstoppable force

Warden is the immovable object

29 minutes ago, Morgana said:

You can also be f2p when going for pve xD

That's true and all but I want stronger gear than my current set and farming isn't helping me much in my book. 

24 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

That's true and all but I want stronger gear than my current set and farming isn't helping me much in my book. 

The good thing about Wardens is that you just need a decent defence, not a total op one. +6/7 is already good enough. All you need is to maximize your block:uhuh:

Plus, you basically don't have to amp your weapon at all because either way, Warden just sucks at damaging 😄

I myself play priest, and i invest alot in both PvE and PvP, if you have the right setup, it is dmger+healer, mainly in PvE.

And in my opinion, mage, warden, and ranger are op PvE classes, no one can beat ranger in dps i can say 🙂 as i play most sentinel classes you can msg me personally if you desire it.

Edited by Azura

To be fair, you gotta add that all or most of your chars are +10 with the best available gear x.x

Your priest is so strong that you can pretty much tank few adds on your own. Someone being at +6/7 couldn't do that. 

@Malik Campbell at some point you also have to consider how much real money you want to invest. Which amp level do you want to achieve? Because if it's not +8 or higher I strongly advice you to go with Mage or Warden. Paladin would also be okay. 

Rangers and Priest are very good pve classes, like Azura mentioned, but they die pretty quick without decent gear and amp.

1 hour ago, Morgana said:

To be fair, you gotta add that all or most of your chars are +10 with the best available gear x.x

Your priest is so strong that you can pretty much tank few adds on your own. Someone being at +6/7 couldn't do that. 

@Malik Campbell at some point you also have to consider how much real money you want to invest. Which amp level do you want to achieve? Because if it's not +8 or higher I strongly advice you to go with Mage or Warden. Paladin would also be okay. 

Rangers and Priest are very good pve classes, like Azura mentioned, but they die pretty quick without decent gear and amp.

I'm planning on spending 10-20 USD a week on Miracle coins, I like wardens and priest seem like a good ideal. I'll amp there gears up 6 or 7, the weapons would be 8 or higher (if I'm lucky). I've decided On Sentinel for Tank: Warden, Damage: Mage and Heal: Priest. Do you guys have any recommended classes on Legion? 

34 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

Do you guys have any recommended classes on Legion? 

Ouw sorry but no :c I barely played on Legion.

But @Higgings knows a lot about them:love-food-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

11 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

@Higgings Lend me your knowledge/information on the Legion classes best suited for PvE. Plz. 

My knowledge is at your disposal, my yet-unsure fellow!

Let's start with one simple but useful thing to know: on PvE, if maxed, almost any class can solo anything on MC side.

If you love to deal Massive damage and to hear the lonely mob scream "what did just hit me?": I recommend Hunter, Rogue, Warlock.

- Hunter is the best one, and the build that people usually handle is the Speed/Crit. They can reach an incredible ammount of damage if maxed and a high DPS even with a crossbow. They can solo with a Life Steal build and a high amp weapon (+9 is enough). They have many AoE skills at their disposal and can buff themselves through several skills, among them, Combat Stance, maybe their best offensive skill. On PvP, they have plenty of CC abilities and they can shoot from the distance: this almost makes of them Physical Damage Warlocks. 

- Rogue is kinda the same story of the hunter. It has no damage buff though but relies a lot on Critical Hit, Speed, Accuracy and his Dodge statistic. They can reach a good ammount of damage and critical hit even with +9 weapons. They lack of some very strong AoE damaging skills and some of their skills are completely useless for now: they definitely need a rework on this side. They can solo with a correct life steal/crit/speed build. 

- Warlock can count on several damage skills combined with the possibility to deal several negative effects to the opponent: from stunning to reducing his movement, from DoT to Silence. It is the only class for now which can reach the highest ammount of magic damage in the game for a caster (we speak of even 1k magic dmg with arena accessories) due to his passive skill which buffs his attack and his critical hit. Relies on the ammount of mana for certain damage skills, CoolDown and Energy regen. It can be a nice alternative to rogues, when it comes to AoE damage or to slow down mobs. Not very good on soloing. 

If you love to take massive damage and at the same time taking a coffee, watching TV and listening to music while you laugh at a 2k damage enemy that hits you 800 or 500: Deathknight, Barbarian, 

- Barbarians are pretty understimated as PvE class, imo. Their lack of defensive basic skills is compensated by the presence of strong offensive and debuffing skills, which hit even more enemies at once. It can stun, deal a lot of damage and reduce incredibly the attack of his enemies. It is a moving fortress in PvP and his expert skills can pretty much take care of very strong bosses on 1v1. Most of barbarians use a high def set up, penetration, accuracy. They are perfect when it comes to face 1v1 a very strong enemy, but his weakness is maybe represented by 1vsMany scenarios... which, tbh, it is not really a big deal nowadays.

- Deathknight is my class... ehe... Once not even invited on Normal Tower cause it would've been a 2 stam run and now able to solo that tower and on 1 stam, Deathknight is a class which is able to reach a incredibly high endurance through several paths: Very High defence, ability to buffs both attack and defence, survivability in case he is near to death, stunning and muting abilities and last but not for importance, his bound with the Life Steal statistic. The only class which can reach incredibly high ammounts of such statistic without using potions or scrolls, and loves 1vsMany scenarios since he can heal from mobs who seize him. It Is able to ignore a lot of damage received (my own dk receives like 300 dmg from Nomarch-4 without scrolls or pots of any kind) and is very strong on PvP. A Life Steal dk is not cheap to build... at all... but don't fret, since there is a cheaper version and almost as strong as the first option: in fact, Dks get along with the HP-Regeneration statistic too! High defence, Accuracy (very important for this class) and if you desire, a good ammount of damage too. Extremely suitable for solo scenarios too. 

If you love to heal and take care of your Zombie team mate or your favourite Viking: Necromancer, Shaman, Charmer

- Necromancer is the primary healer of the Legion side. Particularity of the class is the use of some of his hps to cast almost every supportive skill. Able to heal through different ways, to litterally resurrect the fallen ally and to debuff significantly the opponent. Supports the party with healing and shielding skills, can count on some AoE damage skills and can cure one ally through them. Understimated in PvP, this class will make the journey in dungeon or through a quest more comfortable and safe. Since he loses HPs to cast some of his skills, having a high ammount of these points is not recommended: the higher HPs he has, the Higher is the cost to cast a skill, which is dangerous in critical moments. Critical Hit and Cooldown are the best option for this class, and with some Life Steal it can solo some bosses too.  

- Shamans: very versatile characters, they are close to be pretty much whatever you want them to be: shamans with 8k def aren't rare anymore as well as shamans which crit 2.5k healing* or Shamans able to deal 3k critical damage with an Earthquake which hits several enemies at once. There are several builds for this class: Tanky - focuses on HPs, Maxed equipment (staff even at +9) and some life steal rune/relic on your equipment - Solo - High critical hit, Accuracy and Penetration, maxed Fire Totem and last but not least a Decent Life Steal ammount; they heal through that even 800-1000 with 19% Life Steal, not to count healing skills - Healer - Maxed supporting skills, Cooldown set up and Critical hit, in order for your healing to be stronger. It is op on PvP as well, with the correct build. Can definitely solo. 

- Charmers are tanks, are healers, are damagers: Charmer is one day tank, then if you get tired of it and you want a healer, you just change some skill points and here your healer. Same story for the damager role (very understimated on this, but simply because there are proper damagers around). Extremely versatile class even more than a Shaman, wears both a shield and mace or a staff (currently the only class able to switch from ranged to melee), a nice range of stunning and debuffing abilities, it can reach a very high ammount of defence and is constantly assisted by minions who help him on battle or heal his wounds. It can be extremely useful as supportive class and it is the terror of the Sentinel Side on PvP (Warlocks came on 2nd place... lel). It suits any build you want him to take and it is the perfect solution for who wants to have fun on his own sometimes: it can solo even with +5 equips and no Life Steal.

Once you will select the perfect class for you, we may see them a bit more deeper than we did right now. I really hope to have enlightened you through your decision, and if you have further questions, do not hesitate on asking! 

I bid you a nice day! 😉

*Take in consideration buffs and maxed characters. I am saying this since you stated to be able to invest on a class you rate perfect to you.

Edited by Higgings
Added and Removed some parts

14 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Let's start with one simple but useful thing to know: on PvE, if maxed, almost any class can solo anything on MC side.

If you love to deal Massive damage and to hear the lonely mob scream "what did just hit me?": I recommend Hunter, Rogue, Warlock.

- Hunter is the best one, and the build that people usually handle is the Speed/Crit. They can reach an incredible ammount of damage if maxed and a high DPS even with a crossbow. They can solo with a Life Steal build and a high amp weapon (+9 is enough). They have many AoE skills at their disposal and can buff themselves through several skills, among them, Combat Stance, maybe their best offensive skill. On PvP, they have plenty of CC abilities and they can shoot from the distance: this almost makes of them Physical Damage Warlocks. 

- Rogue is kinda the same story of the hunter. It has no damage buff though but relies a lot on Critical Hit, Speed, Accuracy and his Dodge statistic. They can reach a good ammount of damage and critical hit even with +9 weapons. They lack of some very strong AoE damaging skills and some of their skills are completely useless for now: they definitely need a rework on this side. They can solo with a correct life steal/crit/speed build. 

- Warlock can count on several damage skills combined with the possibility to deal several negative effects to the opponent: from stunning to reducing his movement, from DoT to Silence. It is the only class for now which can reach the highest ammount of magic damage in the game for a caster (we speak of even 1k magic dmg with arena accessories) due to his passive skill which buffs his attack and his critical hit. Relies on the ammount of mana for certain damage skills, CoolDown and Energy regen. It can be a nice alternative to rogues, when it comes to AoE damage or to slow down mobs. Not very good on soloing. 

If you love to take massive damage and at the same time taking a coffee, watching TV and listening to music while you laugh at a 2k damage enemy that hits you 800 or 500: Deathknight, Barbarian, 

- Barbarians are pretty understimated as PvE class, imo. Their lack of defensive basic skills is compensated by the presence of strong offensive and debuffing skills, which hit even more enemies at once. It can stun, deal a lot of damage and reduce incredibly the attack of his enemies. It is a moving fortress in PvP and his expert skills can pretty much take care of very strong bosses on 1v1. Most of barbarians use a high def set up, penetration, accuracy. They are perfect when it comes to face 1v1 a very strong enemy, but his weakness is maybe represented by 1vsMany scenarios... which, tbh, it is not really a big deal nowadays.

- Deathknight is my class... ehe... Once not even invited on Normal Tower cause it would've been a 2 stam run and now able to solo that tower and on 1 stam, Deathknight is a class which is able to reach a incredibly high endurance through several paths: Very High defence, ability to buffs both attack and defence, survivability in case he is near to death, stunning and muting abilities and last but not for importance, his bound with the Life Steal statistic. The only class which can reach incredibly high ammounts of such statistic without using potions or scrolls, and loves 1vsMany scenarios since he can heal from mobs who seize him. It Is able to ignore a lot of damage received (my own dk receives like 300 dmg from Nomarch-4 without scrolls or pots of any kind) and is very strong on PvP. A Life Steal dk is not cheap to build... at all... but don't fret, since there is a cheaper version and almost as strong as the first option: in fact, Dks get along with the HP-Regeneration statistic too! High defence, Accuracy (very important for this class) and if you desire, a good ammount of damage too. Extremely suitable for solo scenarios too. 

If you love to heal and take care of your Zombie team mate or your favourite Viking: Necromancer, Shaman, Charmer

- Necromancer is the primary healer of the Legion side. Particularity of the class is the use of some of his hps to cast almost every supportive skill. Able to heal through different ways, to litterally resurrect the fallen ally and to debuff significantly the opponent. Supports the party with healing and shielding skills, can count on some AoE damage skills and can cure one ally through them. Understimated in PvP, this class will make the journey in dungeon or through a quest more comfortable and safe. Since he loses HPs to cast some of his skills, having a high ammount of these points is not recommended: the higher HPs he has, the Higher is the cost to cast a skill, which is dangerous in critical moments. Critical Hit and Cooldown are the best option for this class, and with some Life Steal it can solo some bosses too.  

- Shamans: Extremely versatile, they are close to be pretty much whatever you want them to be: shamans with 8k def aren't rare anymore as well as shamans which crit 2.5k healing* or Shamans able to deal 3k critical damage with an Earthquake which hits several enemies at once. There are several builds for this class: Tanky - focuses on HPs, Maxed equipment (staff even at +9) and some life steal rune/relic on your equipment - Solo - High critical hit, Accuracy and Penetration, maxed Fire Totem and last but not least a Decent Life Steal ammount; they heal through that even 800-1000 with 19% Life Steal, not to count healing skills - Healer - Maxed supporting skills, Cooldown set up and Critical hit, in order for your healing to be stronger. It is op on PvP as well, with the correct build. Can definitely solo. 

- Charmers are tanks, are healers, are damagers: Charmer is one day tank, then if you get tired of it and you want a healer, you just change some skill points and here your healer. Same story for the damager role (very understimated on this, but simply because there are proper damagers around). Extremely versatile class even more than a Shaman, wears both a shield and mace or a staff (currently the only class able to switch from ranged to melee), a nice range of stunning and debuffing abilities, it can reach a very high ammount of defence and is constantly assisted by minions who help him on battle or heal his wounds. It can be extremely useful as supportive class and it is the terror of the Sentinel Side on PvP (Warlocks came on 2nd place... lel). It suits any build you want him to take and it is the perfect solution for who wants to have fun on his own sometimes: it can solo even with +5 equips and no Life Steal.

Once you will select the perfect class for you, we may see them a bit more deeper than we did right. I really hope to have enlightened you through your decision, and if you have further questions, do not hesitate on asking! 

I bid you a nice day! 😉

*Take in consideration buffs and maxed characters. I am saying this since you stated to be able to invest on a class you rate perfect to you.

Dude asks for advice

Higgings writes a book

:happy_yes1:

10 minutes ago, Waheed said:

Dude asks for advice

Higgings writes a book

:happy_yes1:

Lucky him I didn't write details then, lol 

Edited by Higgings

3 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Gimme them details, you just made me curious:too_much_cuteness:

It would consist on something similar to what I did with the Charmer, on the Class Section of the forum xd. I must update that topic one of these days btw, as soon as I have some moments free 😕

Edited by Higgings
Typo

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

- Shamans: very versatile characters, they are close to be pretty much whatever you want them to be: shamans with 8k def aren't rare anymore as well as shamans which crit 2.5k healing* or Shamans able to deal 3k critical damage with an Earthquake which hits several enemies at once. There are several builds for this class: Tanky - focuses on HPs, Maxed equipment (staff even at +9) and some life steal rune/relic on your equipment - Solo - High critical hit, Accuracy and Penetration, maxed Fire Totem and last but not least a Decent Life Steal ammount; they heal through that even 800-1000 with 19% Life Steal, not to count healing skills - Healer - Maxed supporting skills, Cooldown set up and Critical hit, in order for your healing to be stronger. It is op on PvP as well, with the correct build. Can definitely solo. 

Once you will select the perfect class for you, we may see them a bit more deeper than we did right now. I really hope to have enlightened you through your decision, and if you have further questions, do not hesitate on asking! 

I bid you a nice day! 😉

Shaman sounds like a complete power house, It will be my main on Legion along side Death knight which is also cool, Hunter is a good to go and Charmer will be my next main focus after shaman (it's a very unique mix with a  healer and tank that's why I love it). 

@Higgings and Everyone else on this post, thank you for the information that you all took time out of your day to provide for me, before I can make this plan a success I'll have to finish up some my duties ATM. I really appreciate the help thank you all.:give_rose:

Higgings explained everything perfectly BUT no matter how strong Legion classes are in pve, Mages, Wardens and Priests are stronger 😄

25 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Higgings explained everything perfectly BUT no matter how strong Legion classes are in pve, Mages, Wardens and Priests are stronger 😄

Yep, you're right... but the dark side is more fascinating :sleep:

@Malik Campbell it was a pleasure! For further questions, write! 

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

@Malik Campbell it was a pleasure! For further questions, write! 

1) Which build you personally recommend for Charmers, is it staff build or Mace and Shield build? 

2) Is there any other way to get Life steal runes than Event chests that gives you Gold or Copper bars and potions? Like Dungeon or etc. 

13 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

1) Which build you personally recommend for Charmers, is it staff build or Mace and Shield build? 

2) Is there any other way to get Life steal runes than Event chests that gives you Gold or Copper bars and potions? Like Dungeon or etc. 

I will answer 2nd question, 

You can obtain vampirism rune (life steal) only from certain event mcoin chests only, which are available during halloween, spring, and ws birthday events 🙂

24 minutes ago, Azura said:

I will answer 2nd question, 

You can obtain vampirism rune (life steal) only from certain event mcoin chests only, which are available during halloween, spring, and ws birthday events 🙂

Oh, that's too bad. I'll keep an eye out for future events and thanks for letting me know 🙃😯

Edited by Malik Campbell
Last emoji doesn't count, I'm having trouble deleting it.

4 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

Well, generally...

PvE --> staff

PvP --> Mace and Shield

Of course, the best would be adapting your character to the situation you will face: if you need to deal damage and get rid of enemies a bit more quickly, a Mace and the use of Call can help you. If your party has a tank and a damager and a supportive class is required, staff is the best solution. If you have to tank, Mace and Shield, as well as if you want to solo something. It is all about choosing the best option on the most appropriate situation, but I am sure that once you'll get used to it you will also keep a primary weapon with you, independently of the situation. 🙂

7 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

Oh, that's too bad. I'll keep an eye out for future events and thanks for letting me know 🙃😯

Next time is going to be by the end of October probably :uhuh:

P.S. you gotta click on the smiley to be able to delete it 😛

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

Well, generally...

PvE --> staff

PvP --> Mace and Shield

Of course, the best would be adapting your character to the situation you will face: if you need to deal damage and get rid of enemies a bit more quickly, a Mace and the use of Call can help you. If your party has a tank and a damager and a supportive class is required, staff is the best solution. If you have to tank, Mace and Shield, as well as if you want to solo something. It is all about choosing the best option on the most appropriate situation, but I am sure that once you'll get used to it you will also keep a primary weapon with you, independently of the situation. 🙂

I find charmers very unique because of the continuous heal because I've always wanted tanks have that type of healing ability (Not like the Paladins). A Magic Mace sounds about right. 

4 hours ago, Morgana said:

Next time is going to be by the end of October probably :uhuh:

P.S. you gotta click on the smiley to be able to delete it 😛

Thanks for letting me know 🤗