Prayer incorrect healing

borisdekleer

Hello,

I have noticed that prayer does not do what is described. It tells me I should receive 40% extra health of my base hp. I currently have a total of 8150 health.

My prayer is 4/4, which should give me 40% health extra. 40% should give me a rough 3.2k healing, yet i receive not even 1800 health healing from it.

I hope you could take a look at this.

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-14 om 08.23.19.png

Hey there!

I'm not familiar with Paladin's skills but according to the skill description it sounds more like it refers to the amount of hp you have when not wearing gear:huh:

Edited by Morgana

Hello,

FIrst of all, this skill is meant for paladins. 

WHen I use prayer on others with less hp, i heal way more than when i heal myself.

Scrolls and pots that give you more hp, also apply on the healing of prayer.

It clearly is NOT based on base hp, it also says maximum health...not base hp

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-14 om 11.33.46.png

Edited by borisdekleer

16 hours ago, borisdekleer said:

I currently have a total of 8150 health.

8150 is not you base hp, this is how it work

base hp + ( hp from gear + hp from guild + hp from buffs + etc ), now the skill increase your hp based on your base hp which you could know if you remove everything between the brackets.

thou that's how i think it works, i don't have prove for anything i am saying...

what you are saying is incorrect, as I have explained before, it says maximum health...not base health.

Besides that matter, I heal more on allies with around 6k hp than myself, having over 8k hp.

In the skill it really treats you and your ally as equal of receiving the 40% hp.

I healed someone having 6.9 hp with nearly 2500. The coding does not make sense at all and should just be fixed. Do not try to defend the spaghetti coding.

Edited by borisdekleer

Whoops, took a wrong look there with Paladin - Barbarian. Sorry!

In your first post you said 40% of your base hp though.. but yea, the skill's description doesn't talk about base hp.

My very honest thought: I believe the 40% skill hp does not include increasing hp added by gear with %hp bonus. Check the skill's effect with %hp gear on and then check it with %hp gear off to see if it's the same result. 

Or wait for tomorrow to get an answer from admins:dizzy-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

i believe it has to do with %gear that it doesnt calculate it very well. I have noticed that i indeed heal more on players with flat HP than others with % gear. I may have worded myself badly with the base hp, I meant as base hp, the starting HP without any buff or skill. Since the hp is permanent i thought it to be as be as base hp, so my bad on that one.

Edited by borisdekleer

No problem🎉 it can be a little bit confusing sometimes 😄 Especially the hp thing because you literally have to remove ALL hp buffs which add hp by using %, e.g. craft gear. Then you also have to remove arena buff, if you have it, guild buff and just everything that increases your hp by %, and not by a fix number. 

I just saw your other topic and yep, the difficulty of calculating how strong the buff is going to be is VERY confusing. Also disappointing like in your case, because you expect more but receive less.

Though, I don't think there are mistakes in the coding. It's simply hard to calculate when you don't know which factors to consider.

Everything seems correct except that prayer coding on the %craft gear isnt working properly as it should be. Prayer only goes up by flat HP increase. I have tested it with hp increasing pots and scrolls and then prayer does go up in healing.

Edited by borisdekleer

The coding doesn't work on craft gear at all because it's simply not included .-. 

Regarding hp increasing pots and scrolls: which one did you use?

Ok after a double check i noticed that it doesnt apply on % pots either. it does apply on the scroll and relic i have on heavenly light that increases my hp by 15%.

Don't you think that prayer should apply on the % gear? It would be a bit unfair to handicap craft users in such a way.

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-15 om 19.35.37.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-15 om 19.36.01.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-15 om 19.35.09.png

Edited by borisdekleer

Mhm, I don't know. In my opinion, craft gear users already have a huge benefit in comparison to the people who can't afford them. So I kinda understand why all %buffs are not included in skills etc. 

The gap would just grow even more .-. Of course it's stupid for the craft gear users (I use a lot of craft gear as well) but I wouldn't want an even bigger gap between 'rich' and 'poor' players.

I have to disagree with that, there are numerous items that will never be obtained by the poor players. If you have the money, you are allowed to get more and better gear. It would not make sense at all to punish craft users who are supposed to be richer to not benefit from a skill everyone gets to use. I am sorry but that reasoning is something i cannot agree with at all.

Let me word it like this: If you pay for something, you expect to get what you pay for. To me this comes over as a scam if you word it like that. You pay more for your gear so you should get more benefits from it too.

PS.

Craft gear is nearly as much as some lvl26 cc gear that drops.

Edited by borisdekleer

You already get more from craft equipment than from the normal one. Buying those doesn't mean you are buying skill benefits, though. A skill should work the same for every player. In your skill's case it works on basic hp, not on the craft gear benefits. 

I wanted to enter the conversation, but Google does not allow it to me. What is in his understanding "Basic horsepower" ? Нихрена  do not understand....

Joke, do not think.:biggrin:

Edited by акм

1 hour ago, акм said:

I wanted to enter the conversation, but Google does not allow it to me. What is in his understanding "Basic horsepower" ? Нихрена  do not understand....

Joke, do not think.:biggrin:

We are talking about basic health points of his character :tired2:

6 minutes ago, Morgana said:

We are talking about basic health points of his character :tired2:

More than his character in particular, they're trying to find out how does the book's formula work on a character that has a lot of variabilities to take care of, such as Craft Armors, Buffs by scrolls/pots, passive buffs of any kind. 

@Reivenorik, may you enlight us on this problem, please?

If it's a bug, it's fair enough to take a closer look on it.

5 minutes ago, Higgings said:

More than his character in particular, they're trying to find out how does the book's formula work on a character that has a lot of variabilities to take care of, such as Craft Armors, Buffs by scrolls/pots, passive buffs of any kind. 

@Reivenorik, may you enlight us on this problem, please?

If it's a bug, it's fair enough to take a closer look on it.

Heyyyy! I know that! I took part in the whole discussion after all!!:hopeless:

7 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Heyyyy! I know that! I took part in the whole discussion after all!!:hopeless:

My apologies, I didn't want to be mean nor to say you weren't being helpful. :tired2:

The message was more meant to Akm, but I couldn't tag him and I forgot to quote, thus, double mistake for the Judge. 

12 minutes ago, Higgings said:

My apologies, I didn't want to be mean nor to say you weren't being helpful. :tired2:

The message was more meant to Akm, but I couldn't tag him and I forgot to quote, thus, double mistake for the Judge. 

You know you are always and everything forgiven:love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: