Guide and advice to prevent you from being scammed.

Blueborn

Guide and advice to help prevent you from being scammed:

Many players out there have been stung from scammer's, and I am going to try to share some wisdom that i have collected from experience and from other players throughout the forum.

Portuguese translation by Dazz: Guia e aconselhamento para prevenção de scams.

Espanol translation by ๓ęçђą ↯ şąเұąŋ:Guia para prevenir ser estafado(a)

Do not trade over trade slot limitations.

Many people sell items and ask for a trade amount exceeding trade limits due to the lack of slots. My advice is not to do so.

Signs are a perfect example of an item that is used for trade but sometimes exceeds the limitations of trade slots.

If you find yourself wanting to buy an item that the seller wants more than five sets of signs ( ten signs = one set ), the perfect solution is to trade five sets with gold to meet the remaining signs. Find the current exchange rate of signs and add the gold accordingly.

At this present time, a set of signs are usually worth 20,000 gold ( 20k ), if the seller wanted 10 sets.. trade five sets with 100k, and make sure the item being brought is being traded with your payment. If you say you don't have that kind of gold to do this, then sell these supposed signs that will exceed the slot limits.

Paying with gold is the most secure way to make trades, for there is no limit to the amount.

Do not lend items, equipment and weapons that you are not willing to lose.

This all comes down to personal choice. But the best advice i have found for this is.. simply don't lend out things that you do not want to lose.

This also includes trading items from one of your characters to another by using a third party. Be careful with who you trust.

My personal experience with this matter, is that scammers like to make friendly gestures towards players to gain their confidence.

I Have lost signs from this experience from a friend whom promised to return said signs but never did. Even lost items to people i had called "friends".

Many scammers take advantage this way, and ask players if they can borrow things with the promise of return. Many lost items this way.   

Do not lend, buy, sell, share accounts.

Trading/Sharing accounts is prohibited by Aigrinds terms and EULA.

http://warspear-online.com/en/rules/eula

This is one way that will result in losing your character. Once another person has control of your account, they can simply change your password and you account Will be lost to you.

Also, keep your account information secure and don't share it with anyone, not even your account ID.

Scammers also use fake character sales to scam people out of gold and items, be aware.

Selling or sharing your toons is like giving away your identity.

buying/selling accounts and in-game items for real cash is also against the rules.

Miracle coin offers:

Scammers may approach you and offer you miracle coins. Do not fall for this trap. Never share any details at all about your account or you may just find your account hijacked.

False Trades:

Always be sure that the item/items you are buying are what they are advertised before finishing a trade.

Some items share the same icon's, many scammer's use this to fool people.

Example: you want buy acute gladius(lvl 17). when you exchange the acute gladius with your gold, you dont see the detail item. after exchange, u are realize, he give you acute sword(lvl 12), so u got scammed.

When it comes to trading, always be sure what the deal is fully before accepting.

Recently scammers are using a full bag trick that i still not seeing in any guide.You know how it work i guess.

You say: Pay 140 000  for this costume

He say: Ok

Make the trade HE PUT 140 000 plus some random item (or not, but that help to make you DONT LOOK AT GOLD).

You both accept then PUM HE HAVE FULL BAG but before cancel the trade he just put new item (not asked for, just to solve the full bag thing and CHANGE THE GOLD HE GIVES FROM 140 000 to 14000

Most of the ppl (me included), dnt notice the money change  with the confusion and PUM

The scam is made.

You have bein paid 14000 + 2 garbage items for a 140 000 item.(It happens to me with acute gladius, i was selling for 40 000 and got 4000. )

Cross faction or server trading:

This form of trading has no form of protection at this point in time. Please be aware that one can be easily scammed this way.

If you want to trade your current gold ( as example ) from one faction/ server to another, will not be a safe process and is an easy scam for any predator.

Best advice would be to just simply keep your gold where it is and make a new stash on the faction/server you wish it to be at.

Clan Stash Looting.

You have to be care to whom you give rank to. Having the stash open can result in stash looting ( stealing all possible items from the stash ).

I'd recommend only a trusted few and the leader should ever be able to take from the stash, and if anybody wants items they must have one of those with rank retrieve it for them. It's the best anti stash loot strategy on offer at this point in time.

Fake game administrators:

Many scammers like to use the " I Am a game admin" or " i work for warspear/aigrind" and try to trick players into sharing account information.

First thing to note: Those who work for the game company will NEVER ask you for your account details, unless you are sending a support ticket via the main website.

Do not share your account information with any player and most of all, do not believe those pretending to be GM's.

Number issue:

Always be aware that items being sold or traded where the price only consist particularly of ones ( eg 11111 ). That particular number bunches up and makes it hard to determine the amount thus tricking players in spending more than they were aware of. It's an old trick, but please be aware of it and at least try to avoid it.

Keyloggers and false links:

Always be careful when players share non-aigrind supported links or send attachments.

Keyloggers hide and embed themselves in your files and send a record of your keystrokes, thus recording your account ID and password.

If a site besides aigrind's support asks for any of your account details, do not share it with them.

A Good example would be advertisements via trade or world chat for a site that offers free miracle coins, hacks, cheats ect.

This is just a quick rough guide to help you prevent yourself from being scammed from other players, not rules but advice given freely to you. Its your decision in the end. Just be careful of whom you trust.

If you know of other scams and productive advice feel free to make others aware.

There is also much information and advice throughout this forum. Take your time and read them. Here is some that you may be interested in looking at...

LINKS:

Highly Important:

• EULA ( End user licence agreement ) ~ Provided by Aigrind. CLICK HERE
  • Rules of Conduct ~ Provided by Aigrind. CLICK HERE

Important:

• Reasons of losing access to account ~ Provided by Admin Snorlax. CLICK HERE
  • FAQ about reasons of blocking access to the game ~ Provided by Admin Snorlax. CLICK HERE

Other anti-scam topics:

• Account security ~ Provided by Forum user Ghost. CLICK HERE
  • Guide Vs. scamming ~ Provided by Forum user GloomShroud. CLICK HERE
  • Don't get scammed ~ Provided by Forum user Legionn. CLICK HERE

This kind of information can be hard to come bye. thanks to these topic creators, the word is getting out there.

Play safe and enjoy the game.  :)

Just remember.. there is people who can be trusted, but there is many who would take advantage of you. Make your decisions carefully.

If you know of something that should be added. please feel free to leave it in a comment and i might just add it to this post.

I started again. His name is whatido and currently at level 4

Ill see what i can do  :good: . Ill send dark your way when i have the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Great post, thumbs up. +1

Snorlax you should sticky this. Great guide, nice and organised - deals with one of the biggest ingame problems right now. Scammers and account traders.

Thanks guys and gals  :give_rose:

Glad this is pinned up, it will keep this information in birds eye view.. to keep players aware and hopefully safer.

Oh and eve.. thanks for the thought, you may wish to reach your 50 posts to change users karma.  :)

Oh and eve.. thanks for the thought, you may wish to reach your 50 posts to change users karma.  :)

I didn't know that part.Now I see forum has level system too . Thanks again . ;D anyway why was server closing?

I didn't know that part.Now I see forum has level system too . Thanks again . ;D anyway why was server closing?

Dev's are testing the current login issue's.

And btw.. tavern posts don't add to your post counter. Just to let you know ;)

Dev's are testing the current login issue's.

And btw.. tavern posts don't add to your post counter. Just to let you know ;)

Actually I wasn't really trying or intend to increase my posts.This new update thing bring players busy with arena and no one is willing to farm or help people.i was searching players like me who need to level up by quests and helping each other. They ask me help whenever I am free and I do help.and I have to nothing to do except for that part and dailies.So I just make my mind why don't we all do together, it could be fast and do quest easy way like red quest ..

I also was once leded a acute gladius by Widyaa... I didnt mean to steal or keep it. Just wanted to use it and give it back to her. But i lost it when i tried to amp it to +1 without signs.... :( i m realy feel bad about tht...

Add:

Before you click done when exchange the item, see detail the item frist. Coz many icon of item is smilliar with other item.

Example: you want buy acute gladius(lvl 17). when you exchange the acute gladius with your gold, you dont see the detail item. after exchange, u are realize, he give you acute sword(lvl 12), so u got scammed.

Add:

Before you click done when exchange the item, see detail the item frist. Coz many icon of item is smilliar with other item.

Added  ;)

Blueborn you're back :give_rose:

No buddy.. just tying up loose ends on the forums. :)  I May return one day.. but not soon.

• 1 month later...

Karma in action. Though scamming a scammer is still scamming.

Borrowed from Leo Acq but fits appropriately here  ;D

Read it all:

Опубликованное фото

Guide and advice to help prevent you from being scammed:

Many players out there have been stung from scammer's, and I am going to try to share some wisdom that i have collected from experience and from other players throughout forum.

• Dont trade over trade slot limitations.

Many people sell items and ask for a trade amount exceeding trade limits due to the lack of slots. My advice is not to do so.

Signs are a perfect example of an item that is used for trade but sometimes exceeds the limitations of trade slots.

If you find yourself wanting to buy an item that the seller wants more than five sets of signs ( ten signs = one set ), the perfect solution is to trade five sets with gold to meet the remaining signs. Find the current exchange rate of signs and add the gold accordingly.

At this present time, a set of signs are usually worth 20,000 gold ( 20k ), if the seller wanted 10 sets.. trade five sets with 100k, and make sure the item being brought is being traded with your payment. If you say you dont have that kind of gold to do this, then sell these supposed signs that will exceed the slot limits.

Paying with gold is the most secure way to make trades, for there is no limit to the amount.

• Don't lend items, equipment and weapons that you are not willing to lose.

This all comes down to personal choice. But the best advice i have found for this is.. simply don't lend out things that you do not want to lose.

My personal experience with this matter, is that scammers like to make friendly geustures towards players to gain their confidence.

I Have lost signs from this experience from a friend whom promised to return said signs but never did.

Many scammers take advantage this way, and ask players if they can borrow things with the promise of return. Many lost items this way.     

• Dont lend, buy, sell, share accounts.
Trading accounts is prohibited by Aigrinds terms and EULA.     

http://warspear-online.com/en/rules/eula

This is one way that will result in losing your character. Once another person has control of your account, they can simply change your password and you account Will be lost to you.

Also, keep your account information secure and don't share it with anyone.

• False Trades:
Always be sure that the item/items you are buying are what they are advised before finishing a trade.

Some items share the same icon's, many scammer's use this to fool people.

• Cross faction or server trading:
This form of trading has no form of protection. Please be aware that one can be easily scammed this way.

If you want to trade your current gold ( as example ) from one faction/ server to another, will not be a safe process and is an easy scam for any predator.

Best advice would be to just simply keep your gold where it is and make a new stash on the faction/server you wish it to be at.

This is just a quick rough guide to help you prevent yourself from being scammed from other players, not rules but advice given freely to you. Its your decision in the end.

If you know of other scams and productive advice feel free to make others aware.

There is also much information and advice throughout this forum. Take your time and read them. Here is some that you may be interested in looking at as an example:

Edit:

Warspear Online Community > International > New players (Moderator; snorelax) > Attention all new players/people who dont know

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=74632.0

Warspear Online Community > International > Guides (Moderator: snorlax) > Account Security

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=74094.0

Warspear Online Community > International > Support (Moderators: Mioco, snorlax) > Don't get scammed!

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=60422.0

This kind of information can be hard to come bye. thanks to these topic creators, the word is getting out there.

Play safe and enjoy the game. :) 

Just remember.. there is people who can be trusted, but there is many who would take advantage of you. Make your decisions carefully.

+1 ;)

:shok: guys a scammer is a necro named totkekbiru he scammed a level 19 druid :shout:

Evidence is required. screenshots and/or video providing accurate information. Best not to make accusations without.

I also was once leded a acute gladius by Widyaa... I didnt mean to steal or keep it. Just wanted to use it and give it back to her. But i lost it when i tried to amp it to +1 without signs.... :( i m realy feel bad about tht...

fail a +1? u should reported that, u would get it back  :nea:

• 4 weeks later...

Guys please visit and support this suggestion topic created by Odin. If Dev's implement this, it will be one less of a tool used by scammers.

LINK: Change Trade window to help avoid scams

Also this suggestion topic started by myself. Please help support these suggestions.

LINK: The fight against scammers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG PLEASE READ THIS MOD

:wacko:

Something i cant find in the guides and FAQs about scamming is the putting your items in trade chat or in private chat.

Some people say you can get scammed if other know you're items, others say you cant lose your account if others know what kind of items / equips you have.

So is it safe to show my items to others? Or not?

Something i cant find in the guides and FAQs about scamming is the putting your items in trade chat or in private chat.

Some people say you can get scammed if other know you're items, others say you cant lose your account if others know what kind of items / equips you have.

Snorlax and roland can answer that better than I, but i would say it would be safe. Im sure dev's investigate into detail when they are looking for evidence of a stolen account.

Personally i try to refrain from showing all of my equips just to be on the safe side.

It is safe. Nobody can do anything to your account with only knowing your items. Trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

NEED HELPM. IM ALWAYS PLAYING IN EU EMERLAD. NEED HELP FOR MY GOLD, OORO SCAMMED MY GOLD 12K GOLD  GIFT BACK SNORLAX PLEASE :( IM HOPE U GIFT BACK CAUSE THIS IS BEST GAME GIFT BACK OK  IM HAVE A SCREENSHOt BUT

BUT IDK HOW TO ACCEPT IT IN THE REPLY TY LOG IN WARSPEAR: [email protected]

My email:[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

NEED HELPM. IM ALWAYS PLAYING IN EU EMERLAD. NEED HELP FOR MY GOLD, OORO SCAMMED MY GOLD 12K GOLD  GIFT BACK SNORLAX PLEASE :( IM HOPE U GIFT BACK CAUSE THIS IS BEST GAME GIFT BACK OK  IM HAVE A SCREENSHOt BUT

BUT IDK HOW TO ACCEPT IT IN THE REPLY TY

Need help from support? try using this link: http://warspear-online.com/en/support

Ps. try not to give out personal information via public forums.

• 4 weeks later...