Stun skills and the mage

Solarheal

Players that have skills which stun and remove the opponents ability to use skills are:

Barb- chance to stun with charge

Rogue- gouge

Shaman- blind

Ranger- Scatter shot

Bladedancer- Hamstring

Druid- Roots

Necromancer- nightmare

Dk- dont know name, but i know they have one

Warlock 2 stuns, dark circle and fear

Paladin- FoJ

Priest- Armisitice doesnt stop skills but 1v1 opponents cant attack

And now the mage, with illusionary chains that push people away and bind them. Players can still use their skills so since 50% of the classes are ranged even that is only useful half the time. Mages are the only class without a stun, why? Every single other class has one  :wacko:  :unknw:

Mage only got a disable cause its aoe. Warlock is the only one with aoe stun.

and mage is the only one with 3 dmg dealing spells + one is teleport. Thats suppose to weight up the fact they dont have any stun stun. And I think its a pretty even trade, mage can do massive dmg fast if you play smart and dont get stunned and killed, cause its squishy too.

Mage has great suicide skill, its called like kamikaze, teleport - ilusory - stone --> BOOM!!!! I saw many times when Mcs camping the bridge, the suicider mage using the last deadly skill, kamikaze ---> BOOM!!!!

That would be an example of how NOT to play smart.

LOL that made me laugh,

Anyway thank you bloody, im just gonna focus on honing my playstyle and figuring out the best mage combos in any situation.

Once again thank you for the positive feedback, i think i have a + for you around here somewhere  :blush:

there's this mage named Meggido in Emerald server

all his damage skills crit 1k+

and as Bloody said, mages can do really high burst damage.

and their chains is a usefull skill in war too, keeps all those fast crossing people away from crossing.

Mages can easily kill people at crossing too

Teleport > Stones > Chains > Crossing, either repeat that nonstop or cross again and use fireball.

And you got your healers and stunners to assist you, just like a rogue, they don't get a usefull stun, but they got other classes to help them put their damage in, like shamans and warlocks, stun multiple enemies allowing him to do his burst damage.

Same as Paladins too, if they use Maces they can support their team with aura and aoe stun.

Mage only got a disable cause its aoe. Warlock is the only one with aoe stun.

and mage is the only one with 3 dmg dealing spells + one is teleport.

Warlock also have 3.

Darkarrow, exhaust and puddle (Puddle is the blue circle)

Warlock also have 3.

Darkarrow, exhaust and puddle (Puddle is the blue circle)

Though mages damage skills do equal damage to others ( Merciless Strike, Flash Strike, Fireball, Dark arrow, etc )

While Exhaust and Plash does low damage, around 300-500.

Roots should disable skills. Ive never seen it fail on me. Are you sure they break your roots or do you guys use skill at the same time? Cause charge got longer ranger then roots, so usually barb is first unless player messes up.

Roots should disable skills. Ive never seen it fail on me. Are you sure they break your roots or do you guys use skill at the same time? Cause charge got longer ranger then roots, so usually barb is first unless player messes up.

I think they used skills at same time, sometimes I fear Bladedancers the same time they use Hamstring.

Same with Gouge vs. Hamstring.

Yeah,mage need a boost,cloth gears users need good skill for kite,mage have a suicidal skill,and its totally bad,mcs/forsakens will say:no mage do a lot of damage,if u KNOW how to play u can be a great killer,but its bullshit,trust me.if a mage use teleport,he got stun.why?because SMART players know:always stun ranged players first.

My suggestion is.add a disable to teleport skill,like a "frost" strike,wen mage teleport,he freeze the ground and all players in,any fire damage spell deal less damage wen target is freeze.and add for chains a earth element,for combo with fb.But they really ducked mage in this game,mage control elements,wtf is teleport :facepalm: ,and remove magic shield(idk the right name) from mage :facepalm: ,add a cool skill,like warlocks,im a mc/forsaken players,but i totally dislike what they did to mage.

here is how you should use teleport. use chains immedietly after it. it will be very hard to catch mage in a second before use chains.

gouge, nightmare and artemesis are not anywhere near as good as stun. u cant hit wtf point of that? also dk stun lasts 3 seconds so doesnt make much difference.

and solarheal: go easy on the karma. u seem to take it as your duty to give karma  :crazy:  and why is ur pic male, but char female :unknw:

intresting mage tactic there zam, ill keep it in mind if i ever make a mage.

second of all dk stun is 2 seconds only, i barely get one sword swing (2sec) before stun wears off

thirdly, gouge and nightmare rocks arena. Not very useful PvE, but in arena those 2 skills are great. both rouge and necro can do so much dmg while other target is disabled. worst is double necro, who can double nightmare 12 seconds while they fast can stack deathly eye on dmg target and stack double dot from poison spit. it crazy effective.

here is how you should use teleport. use chains immedietly after it. it will be very hard to catch mage in a second before use chains.

gouge, nightmare and artemesis are not anywhere near as good as stun. u cant hit wtf point of that? also dk stun lasts 3 seconds so doesnt make much difference.

and solarheal: go easy on the karma. u seem to take it as your duty to give karma  :crazy:  and why is ur pic male, but char female :unknw:

I give karma to those who deserve it whether it is good or bad that's my own opinion. I make female characters because that's what I prefer, however my mage is in fact male. The teleport first then use chains is a good tactical but sometimes teleport can be difficult to aim lol and the u will have no means of escaping dmg if u need because chains and teleport will both be on cooldown.

@Bloody do stun may only be 2-3 seconds but that can make a differance in the long run. A image with even a 2 Sec stun would make a big difference in defensible abilities.

Dk stun is not bad, I just wanted to point out its very short. Ive tried it to lv4 still seemed to be only 2secs. The best benefit of dk stun is as a team and 1v1 melee. Playing with hard hitting partners like barb and rouge dks little stun does the job good and those 2 extra stun secs is enough for you and your partner to cut down the target. And fighting 1v1 against melee classes (not rouge) its great, then it doesnt matter its short since its so frequent.

badside of dk stun is, has a high fail rate if enemy got good dodge/parry/block, since dk seems to miss more then others for no reason. And against healers 1v1 the short stun is useless, best chance is to pray you can out last opponents mana pool.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess they shud improve dk accuracy since their stun skill is based on their accuracy.

ah! back to topic,  mage r OP too, just need fast fingers. Even warlock/shamn have hard time dealing with them.

I guess they shud improve dk accuracy since their stun skill is based on their accuracy.

ah! back to topic,  mage r OP too, just need fast fingers. Even warlock/shamn have hard time dealing with them.

Mages are just all luck if you'll crit on your way doing a kamikaze to the enemy :P too big cooldowns not good on long matches, and plus no heal, makes it not good.