The Arena/PVP Topic

SNP

Warlocks are feared by many players in arena, but also in PVP.

With their 10-12 seconds stun (Lv5 fear and dark circle) are they almost untouchable.

In this topic we give eachother tips, about arena and PVP.

Tips

1. PVP against BDs should be a win for the warlock. Only problem could be hamstring, but it shouldn´t be a big problem.

2. Rangers are actully not that hard as people think. Fear+dark circle stun the ranger in so long time, that his/her blessing is over. If they lucky, the can maybe scatter you, and then make a normal hit and powershot (Both crit) and cut 1200 of your health, before he/she died in the second round of fear+dark circle.

3. Paladins are easy to defeat. Fetters of Justice is not so good, as people think. Only problem could be their heal. A paladin with the best astral gear, Sudden doom 1h mace with astral enchant from Mshop, both heal skill at lv5, could crit heal around 800-1k, which is not a bad amount. But paladins are easy at all.

4. Mage is the "holy" warlock, but they should not have a chance against a warlock.

5. Druids can make the life of a warlock very hard. Roots lock all the warlocks skills, and the heal make it hard. Max root is the worst nightmare for a warlock.

6. Priest is also hard. If they are to put armistice on you, they can recover and put shield on, before you are able to attack again. And as a warlock, you need to be careful when the use mana drain. Only focus on fear+dark circle while you under mana drain.

7. In arena kill always rangers and magic classes first. Melee classes are easy to defeat.

8. Dark circle does stun rogue in stealth mode, but doesn´t not detect them. Puddle/plash detect rogue in stealth mode but doesn´t stun them.

9. Since warlocks are beats in arena, many try to kill them first. Thats a bad idea, because warlocks got a AoE stun skill, which stun them. The warlock just run away from the enemies while they under circle.

10. Be careful with your plash. It can cancel rogues gouge and necros nightmare.

#Golden rule number 1: Always have fun in arena, because they end fast when you play them as warlock ;D

____________________________________________________________________________________

Share your tips with the other warlocks :drinks:

Exactly, the only danger for a warlock when fighting bd is their hamstring skill if they are highly amped and we have low def, (my warlock has 2166 physical defence tho :unknw: )

when pvping a strong bd i always start the fight with dark circle (i used to begin with fear, but its too risky as u could cast ur dark circle in a wrong place at the cost of your life) while bd is stunned, i just spam him with my basic attack, then arrow of darkness, then another attack, then life exhaust, then i quickly use fear, and continue using skills, when fear timer is about to end, i quickly cast the plash of darkness to stagger the bd, (if hes HIGHLY AMPED i walk a few steps back, Mini kiting) as he could easily kill me, if hes an average bd i just stand there (depending on how much hp i have left)  bd should be dead after repeating the stun process twice

Paladins, same method, be aware of their foj with their astral damage it could hurt alot, (if hes using good gears) paladins are easy tho.

Priests are not as hard for me as before, they are usually killed in one round,  priest uses shield, i use dark circle, spam him with attaack skills, use fear, attack more, priest hp is now SUPER low, priest is now scared, and decides to make the biggest mistake they can do with a warlock, they decide to heal themselves, 2 seconds is all i need to cast dark circle again, and hes usually dead by then. (unless they play smart)

Mages.. i seriously think they are underpowered, once all the skills are used up they are a bug being chases by a spider, mage will most likely die then.. illusionary chains should DISABLE the skills of the attacker cause right now illuionary chains isnt very good.

Since we are talking, anyone knows a trick to avoid the annoying bug of casting dark circle/plask while attacking a target?

I mean, when you move to the point you click on instead of simlply casting the spell.

Since we are talking, anyone knows a trick to avoid the annoying bug of casting dark circle/plask while attacking a target?

I mean, when you move to the point you click on instead of simlply casting the spell.

you mean when u simply start walking straight to the target instead of casting it at range? if so, there is a way to prevent it from happening, the only thing u need to do is to "unlock the target" instead of focusing on him, (when hes locked on, you'll see a small red circle around the target with hip hp bar to the right) so to unlock a target click either on yourself to lose target, then quickly cast the spell and itl work, or, when you're using fear on him,  when  u know ur fear time is about to end, unlock target fast and cast dark circle on him :good:

Yeah that's what I meant. I already use your method, I hoped there was a quicker way to do it.

A couple of tips:

vs Rogue: dark circle stun hidden rogues but doesnt stop their skill, while plash of darkness does. If you smell rogues, hide behind it.

With plash or dark circle you can quickly "search" an area, just select the skill, hold the mouse button and move the cursor around. To deselct it just press on any skill.

in arena im sure warlock will be a first target to kill.  ;D

lol yah you're 100% right there :aggressive:  i got chased by two invisible rogues while they completely ignored my partner, biggest misake ever, i plashed them to expose them, but still, it has happened alot of times, barbs,rangers,rogues,shamans,druids,paladins they are all after me :clapping:

i have a bit tactic for warlock, if you have a partner with rogue or necromancer, so Never use plash of darkness! because rogue's gouge or necro's nightmare will be disappered, but  when you have a partner like barbar, shaman, DK, you should put plash 1st near a bridge or the middle area to detect invisibility or to make agro and step back then stun them :)

i have a bit tactic for warlock, if you have a partner with rogue or necromancer, so Never use plash of darkness! because rogue's gouge or necro's nightmare will be disappered, but  when you have a partner like barbar, shaman, DK, you should put plash 1st near a bridge or the middle area to detect invisibility or to make agro and step back then stun them :)

Exactly, i never use plash of darkness until the effect of gouge or nightmare is over, i use dark circle, then i let partner gouge one, then kill one, when gouge is over, i fear him, then circle him, i use plash of darkness only when im in trouble (emergency cases, like rouges going invisible, or me, having low hp left, using plash to stagger enemies to recharge my stun skils)

I think 2x warlock with lvl 5 circle in arena will be VV - OP :dirol: .

oh they are grimoire, they are. my wl and another wl named yimmix on sapphire server and we are undefeated and have fought in about 75 and have won all of them. neither of us have died either and most of the time we take 0 damage or end the match with full health.

my warlock dont have enemy in arena only lose if my partner got dc or random rogues dont using stealth and stunt  :facepalm:  or if i got stop mind problem xD I lose 54 battles of 200 +- the first 30 loses in lvl 4-6 by stupids partners really stupids