Proposing Changes

So this class has been neglected from the get go; a lot of garbage expert skills, rag doll in pvp, no significant buffs to fix their downfalls and all around frustrating with mana changes, insanely high mana consumption AND accuracy (as it's a melee class) being heavily required. I'm just going to spitball a couple changes to improve the class as played it since released exclusively, feel free to chime in or add your own input.

Base Skills

Splitting

this skill is fine, with the last update boosting it's damage and lowering cooldown, can't complain

Harad's Shield

Honestly also fine, the shield is like paper and is usually broken in 1 attack anyways just means your damage buff is available after one hit.

Adding a low to medium chance to evade melee attacks at 5/5 at a percentage or control effects if the shield can absorb more damage would be welcomed.

But it can stay as is in my opinion also

*Cosmetics; change the effect to be more subtle so it's not a giant disco ball

Inspiration

Great skill but should raise either accuracy or attack speed as the skill develops also as seekers significantly lack those stats

Disappearance

Also no major complaints

*Cosmetics; change the smoke to more like a teleport fx or lightning like inspiration, it is a paladin after all (not too picky on this just saying)

Exacerbation

This one should be changed a bit where at higher levels it has a chance to see cloaked characters but only temporary

example; 3/5 show hidden enemy targets within 4 yards for 2 seconds, repeats every 8 seconds after

example; 5/5 show hidden enemy targets within  6 yards for 3 seconds, repeats every 6 seconds after

This would help a lot in pvp vs cloaked classes and wars and adjust current play styles

*Cosmetics; is a smaller circle or effect too much to ask for?

*Mechanics; Lower the insanely long activation and deactivation time of the skill, it's infuriating, also relics are useless with it as it is

@Exa mechanics; consider continuous relics as long as the skills of classes with these abilities are up instead

Expert Skills

Sun Nets

All good no issues

Solar Power

Again no major mechanics issues fair trade offs

*Cosmetics; Semi copied Mage effect, can we get something new please?

Splitting Blow

Would rather this be a short ranged attack (2 yards) or maybe even long ranged to slow targets down, as melee can be blocked/dodged/parried so ya

Its effects else wise are fine

Bloodthirst

Also fine skill, instant which is good but i didn't touch on like all seeker skills mana consumption could be altered

Attraction

Okay this is useless, by the time you pull (and there is a casting delay) and the target is immobilized the debuff wears off before you can even get one good attack in.

Give it the exact same activation as the harpoon skill from the spring event where there was no delay and maybe add a bleed but no slow as a debuff versus the increased damaged with the copied DK skill effect

*Cosmetics; Redo the whole look just unsalvagable

Inner Rage

Useless passive, by the time it activates you're basically dead, change the whole thing

Either a mana restoring skill to benefit pve, remember leveling this will limit other skills you can add points to

Or a skill similar to rogues old absolute reflexes to benefit pvp which would evade "only" ranged attacks (note not control effects)

This would allow seekers a chance to actually get within range of others rather than being kited to death by bows and magic

Exhaustive Blow

So useless it's not even funny, I have no solution for this maybe replace it entirely

Perhaps a short range aoe debuff that will lower cd, dodge of targets in range for a bit

Dangerous Blow

I guess all classes still need one useless skill, we'll appoint this one ours, high energy expensive, low damage, ya

That's it, won't hold breath for changes but if introducing new pvp content, try to balance the scales of power fairly

38 minutes ago, Winter said:

So this class has been neglected from the get go; a lot of garbage expert skills, rag doll in pvp, no significant buffs to fix their downfalls and all around frustrating with mana changes, insanely high mana consumption AND accuracy (as it's a melee class) being heavily required. I'm just going to spitball a couple changes to improve the class as played it since released exclusively, feel free to chime in or add your own input.

Base Skills

Splitting

this skill is fine, with the last update boosting it's damage and lowering cooldown, can't complain

Harad's Shield

Honestly also fine, the shield is like paper and is usually broken in 1 attack anyways just means your damage buff is available after one hit.

Adding a low to medium chance to evade melee attacks at 5/5 at a percentage or control effects if the shield can absorb more damage would be welcomed.

But it can stay as is in my opinion also

*Cosmetics; change the effect to be more subtle so it's not a giant disco ball

Inspiration

Great skill but should raise either accuracy or attack speed as the skill develops also as seekers significantly lack those stats

Disappearance

Also no major complaints

*Cosmetics; change the smoke to more like a teleport fx or lightning like inspiration, it is a paladin after all (not too picky on this just saying)

Exacerbation

This one should be changed a bit where at higher levels it has a chance to see cloaked characters but only temporary

example; 3/5 show hidden enemy targets within 4 yards for 2 seconds, repeats every 8 seconds after

example; 5/5 show hidden enemy targets within  6 yards for 3 seconds, repeats every 6 seconds after

This would help a lot in pvp vs cloaked classes and wars and adjust current play styles

*Cosmetics; is a smaller circle or effect too much to ask for?

*Mechanics; Lower the insanely long activation and deactivation time of the skill, it's infuriating, also relics are useless with it as it is

@Exa mechanics; consider continuous relics as long as the skills of classes with these abilities are up instead

Expert Skills

Sun Nets

All good no issues

Solar Power

Again no major mechanics issues fair trade offs

*Cosmetics; Semi copied Mage effect, can we get something new please?

Splitting Blow

Would rather this be a short ranged attack (2 yards) or maybe even long ranged to slow targets down, as melee can be blocked/dodged/parried so ya

Its effects else wise are fine

Bloodthirst

Also fine skill, instant which is good but i didn't touch on like all seeker skills mana consumption could be altered

Attraction

Okay this is useless, by the time you pull (and there is a casting delay) and the target is immobilized the debuff wears off before you can even get one good attack in.

Give it the exact same activation as the harpoon skill from the spring event where there was no delay and maybe add a bleed but no slow as a debuff versus the increased damaged with the copied DK skill effect

*Cosmetics; Redo the whole look just unsalvagable

Inner Rage

Useless passive, by the time it activates you're basically dead, change the whole thing

Either a mana restoring skill to benefit pve, remember leveling this will limit other skills you can add points to

Or a skill similar to rogues old absolute reflexes to benefit pvp which would evade "only" ranged attacks (note not control effects)

This would allow seekers a chance to actually get within range of others rather than being kited to death by bows and magic

Exhaustive Blow

So useless it's not even funny, I have no solution for this maybe replace it entirely

Perhaps a short range aoe debuff that will lower cd, dodge of targets in range for a bit

Dangerous Blow

I guess all classes still need one useless skill, we'll appoint this one ours, high energy expensive, low damage, ya

That's it, won't hold breath for changes but if introducing new pvp content, try to balance the scales of power fairly

Literally agree with every single point here, my my was i disappointed with how the seeker functions when i made it to 28 with full experts, its painful to play..

also @Zurp

Yeah, I agree with most of them aswell. Seeker really lacks accuracy and atk speed. And I would like to see a skill that does damage to seeker himself so the shield wouldnt be useless in most of the dungeons.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:35 PM, Zurp said:

Yeah, I agree with most of them aswell. Seeker really lacks accuracy and atk speed. And I would like to see a skill that does damage to seeker himself so the shield wouldnt be useless in most of the dungeons.

No no the shield is fine. Now dg starting to have aoe mobs. Bloodthirst need to have crt heal when the skill crt. As a fighter class, Dodge skill would be much appreciated for us.