Best Set of Equips for a Lvl 20 Blade Dancer

Ghost

Any bladedancer should work towards a number of sets, limiting yourself to one build will only hurt you.

Most popular would be a high def build with as much parry/dodge as you can acquire. These are great in farms vs bosses who hit physical as well as pvp. Mixing bg sets and/or divine is the best route to go for this.

Invest in a resilience build. Even if it's low amp, plug res runes and you will be amazed at what it can do for you. Chance to dodge crits and reduction of damage received from other players and high crit and hp bonus alone makes this worthwhile, on top of that it is effective not only vs phys attacks but anything- sun, dark, moon.. If it's coming from another player resilience has you covered. Use this in war or pvp, not a fantastic choice for farms.

Make a dot set. Yes I mean light gear. There's a million bd out there and not always enough mobs for you to be tanking one. If your not a meat shield in any given situation slap on some bg revenge, shadow, light lab gear, cc, kw, anything high acc/crit/speed. No sense in standing around slapping mobs in 11-15% crit and 3k+ def when you're not getting hit back.

As well, for the love of everything holy- get hold of mp regen. Every bd should have at least two sets of rings. Penetration and mp regen. If you dont have mp rings and you do anything else other than pvp- I'm sorry but you are gimping yourself. If your using carved or anything else without hp regen for your harmony rings it would be a good idea to invest in a third pair of delicate or high quality rings for hp regen.

BD is probably the most versatile melee class and having different sets or even a few choice pieces to swap in and out will make people wow over you. Shit is situational, be prepared, don't full time endurance!

Accuracy is something you're always going to be tweaking, although you will never be sacrificing dodge or parry for it due to what enchants are allowed where and what gear provides the two. Some bd prefer more crit or speed vs accuracy on hands/medalion, that comes down to the situation you're in and what other pieces you are equipping.

General rule- stack as much accuracy as you can to ensure you are connecting more than missing then swap in and out other pieces to boost your crit/speed whatever your preference may be. Like I said, shit is situational, which is why it is important to carry around more than just one set.

Bd can dodge just the same as rangers and thanks to dual wield with the right gear a bladedancer may acquire a higher percentage than a rng without their buff active. It all depends on what rune you choose to plug on your swords. Some prefer parry, but it is important to note that it is quite useless versus range and magic attacks. High dodge/low parry bd can do some awesome things just as much as a high parry/low dodge bd can. I prefer the versatility of high dodge.

Accuracy is something you're always going to be tweaking, although you will never be sacrificing dodge or parry for it due to what enchants are allowed where and what gear provides the two. Some bd prefer more crit or speed vs accuracy on hands/medalion, that comes down to the situation you're in and what other pieces you are equipping.

General rule- stack as much accuracy as you can to ensure you are connecting more than missing then swap in and out other pieces to boost your crit/speed whatever your preference may be. Like I said, shit is situational, which is why it is important to carry around more than just one set.

Bd can dodge just the same as rangers and thanks to dual wield with the right gear a bladedancer may acquire a higher percentage than a rng without their buff active. It all depends on what rune you choose to plug on your swords. Some prefer parry, but it is important to note that it is quite useless versus range and magic attacks. High dodge/low parry bd can do some awesome things just as much as a high parry/low dodge bd can. I prefer the versatility of high dodge.

Alright, thanks. Do you keep your Parry at lvl1? I'm wondering if i go with a high dodge/lower parry if i need to pump some points into Parry. I was thinking maybe put it at 2 or 3.

My opinion about points in parry is go all the way or none at all. If your only focus is melee pvp then maybe a full parry build is for you, otherwise I would keep it lv1. Each lv of the skill adds a fixed 1% to attribute, 2-3% worth devoting 2-3 skill points to? For me the answer would be no.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kaworu i agree on all u said about the having as much sets as possible to be adaptable, and i can do pretty awesome stuff with my many sets. the only thing i dont agree on what u said is the skill points in parry, lvl 5 or lvl1? why not parry 3 sap 3? its working great for me, not only do i get an extra boost on parry when im using (or not) parry blades as i can reduce damage and speed to high amp people enough to actually make a diference in pvp or reducing dmg from bosses in pve, u go against ur own "situational" advice when u say all the way or none at all. otherwise im with ya 100% :)

• 3 weeks later...

In the game today where more than 50% of your potential opponents will not be affected by your parry% I'd say losing max sap potency for a 2% boost would not be the wisest choice. However, again, if you love your parry build and are only up against melee for pvp or phys farms then go for it.

who said i have a parry build? lol thats one of my many builds. if 50%+ players are ranged means 40%+ are melee, which makes it perfectly reasonable to have some parry.. shit is situational like u said. i also have a moon/resil set.. but i only use it in pvp.. u cant guess what kind of oponents u'll be facing.. thats why i use both.. sap/parry both good vs melee.. and sap good vs ranged (if u get near the ranged..if they are any good u wont)

I have a bd but i never focus on parry before n some ppl said parry is good but some prefer dodge then i tried for dodge well its good for melee n range especially if shaman using bolt, at that time i was amaze how much dodge i get they barely hit me at that time n there r 6 mc hitting me at nadir then i was saved by bunch of people coming accross cuz my parry just 5% and 27% of dodge,DODGE ROCK!.

who said i have a parry build? lol thats one of my many builds. if 50%+ players are ranged means 40%+ are melee, which makes it perfectly reasonable to have some parry..

Simply giving my opinion based on my experiences in a generalized answer for any bd who stumble onto this thread. Of course you can use whatever skill builds/gear you feel is best for you, happy blading.

;D since ur opinion was to use either parry or sap i was just saying that having some of both can also not be a bad plan since it enhances ur versatility although u dont get max benefit on either. this wasnt a planned choice on my part btw. i was lvl 18 for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time i had 3 sap and 1 parry and i was pretty happy with it so i finally decided to lvl to 20 and got 2 extra skill points i thought: "well.. if the skills are good as they are might as well get some extra parry" my original plan was to get 5 sap