Knife or sword??

abner7669

All 4 setups are good and pretty much the same.

Difference is slight, I heard somewhere sword+dag is best setup, but unless you are min-maxing go with whatever you want.

Does a dagger lower attack rate even in off-hand slot? Or is attack rate only connected to main hand?

sword on left  hand always and dagger on right  if you put dagger in the left hand and  the right sword shalt less damage

in my opinion better use 2 daggers or mix sword and dagger

Each swing you do depends on your weapon, 1st swing = Mainhand 2nd swing = offhand.

Sword = mainhand dagger = offhand, makes more damage and you always get that quick attack right after your 1st hit,

so you can do Normal attack > Merciless Strike > Normal attack in 2-3 seconds, unlike swords which take a long time to swing but does allot of damage, no point using Daggers if you're not gonna amp them atleast +7, Actually I think the only time you should use 2 daggers is if they are Rondels of Sudden Doom, 2 more damage than arena sword if I'm right, and it got penetration too makes your enemy -5% defense.

If you're using arena weapons, I would suggest 2 Acute Flamberges, good stats and damage.

• 4 weeks later...

heard a lot about doom weapons exactly what are they????

Doom weapons are the hardest weapons to get they are lvl 18 equips that you could get from khaaz shar(eye) but since swamps update if your lucky u can get a doom from hydra quest :facepalm:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I say sword sword because if u press your power hit just before your normal hit you will do your power hit almost at the same time (double hit) but this requires perfect timing,  perfect for arena :-)

I say sword sword because if u press your power hit just before your normal hit you will do your power hit almost at the same time (double hit) but this requires perfect timing,  perfect for arena :-)

But if you have a dagger on the left hand, you will get an extra hit after that power hit, which makes 3 hits then you gouge your enemy so he only gets 2 hits, not 3, then repeat again giving you a total of 6 hits and enemy 5 hits, unless he is fast.

;D The Reason I choose sword Becoz think About when U come out of stealth....

How many extra dmg u can get with sword....???

Dagger well its speed but have really low dmg....

Ps..dont Use Scout Gladius its has no acc....Its really noob to have no acc on sword.....Better use Flameberg  ;D

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my opinion, 2 daggers = more attack speed =more critical. But less damages from merc; 2 blades = slow swing burst attack, great for pvp. But then again it's slow. Each attack missed is a great loss. Unlike daggers, even did a miss, can still swing another swift attack. I always enjoy fighting  1on 1 with a BD that wields 2 scout gladius. 2 successful attacks every 5 slow swings  :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm if u compare at the doom selection.. I see that a doomrondel is usefull cuz the penetraion and higher speed. And the pene give almost thesame hit attack against someone with thesame deffence. The doomblade got a parry........ Thats not needed by a rogue. If a rogue go for parry and also enchant parry, their dodge skill pretty sucks.

I choosed to wear 2 rondels and i got still close battles against ppl with doomblades.

Just my opinion is that the doom blade is for bladedancers and the doom rondel for the rogue

• 1 month later...

Guys, this is simple math...

Daggers do more DPS. So, if normally with swords 30 hits for example are needed to kill a boss, with daggers u will hit him 45 times. Thats 15 more chanses of doing critical hits.

But that's not all...

Lets say u do 420 with 2 swords and u hit 30 times. Thats totally 12600 dmg.

With 2 daggers u do 380 and u hit the same boss 45 times. Thats 17100 dmg.

Quite impresive, hugh ?  :shok:

Now i will show u how this work with rondels of sudden doom.

U will gain 5% penetration from rondels. If u invest only in penetration, u can reach 14-15% with no problem like me.

Exquse me if im wrong but there is no sword from arena or doom sword that u can use and have that much penetration.

After alot endless night playing PvP i figured out that two doom rondels +8 and +7 do the same amount of dmg to an enemy for a period of time like +9 and +8 arena swords.

Think smart ppl ;)

Guys, this is simple math...

Daggers do more DPS. So, if normally with swords 30 hits for example are needed to kill a boss, with daggers u will hit him 45 times. Thats 15 more chanses of doing critical hits.

But that's not all...

Lets say u do 420 with 2 swords and u hit 30 times. Thats totally 12600 dmg.

With 2 daggers u do 380 and u hit the same boss 45 times. Thats 17100 dmg.

Quite impresive, hugh ?  :shok:

Now i will show u how this work with rondels of sudden doom.

U will gain 5% penetration from rondels. If u invest only in penetration, u can reach 14-15% with no problem like me.

Exquse me if im wrong but there is no sword from arena or doom sword that u can use and have that much penetration.

After alot endless night playing PvP i figured out that two doom rondels +8 and +7 do the same amount of dmg to an enemy for a period of time like +9 and +8 arena swords.

Think smart ppl ;)

2 blade of sd rapes 2 rondel of sd..

All 4 setups are good and pretty much the same.

Difference is slight, I heard somewhere sword+dag is best setup, but unless you are min-maxing go with whatever you want.

yes but i have 2 daggers = fast more crits try it  tho i never pick parry on rogue :\  :D

2 blade of sd rapes 2 rondel of sd..

I agree with u.

But rogue is not that type of char, u see...

When rogue start from lvl 1 he gets 2 rondels as weapons. And bd get the swords.

For me, rogue is to sneak behind enemy lines and hit from the back. Mainly for supporting someone. Thats why u have stelth skill. Its meant to be like this. U go somewhere, get the job done as fast as possible and get the ♥♥♥♥ out of there before someone realized what happend.

Swords are not the right choice for 1 rogue. Cuz u waste time. And thats not good when u r in arena, right ?

sd rondel and sd blade ... both have  big +  and -

sd blade have realy nice dmg  but is slow

sd rondel is fast and have pene but if rondel is low amp it suck because dmg is to low  :blush:

well I'm using 2x SD BLADE  and i have about  13.5% speed  but still some times  i can  see how slow blade's are...

my friend is using  Blade + rondel  His dmg and speed are nice  ....

2x rondel ...  i think this could be op if is +9/10 and if player use max penetration  to hit full power in enemy

sd rondel and sd blade ... both have  big +  and -

sd blade have realy nice dmg  but is slow

sd rondel is fast and have pene but if rondel is low amp it suck because dmg is to low  :blush:

well I'm using 2x SD BLADE  and i have about  13.5% speed  but still some times  i can  see how slow blade's are...

my friend is using  Blade + rondel  His dmg and speed are nice  ....

2x rondel ...  i think this could be op if is +9/10 and if player use max penetration  to hit full power in enemy

in the end both wins,now rondels have acu while sdb parry so if u want to be dmg pick rondels coz less doge (rondels are cheaper then sdb  ;D :good: )

in the end both wins,now rondels have acu while sdb parry so if u want to be dmg pick rondels coz less doge (rondels are cheaper then sdb  ;D :good: )

Опубликованное фото

Both have accuracy. You probably meant penetration.

You guys are newbs lol

Rogues rely on heavy burst damage while BD can do good with either burst damage or speed.

What's the point of speed if you're gonna Gouge and Stealth? Have you ever even thought about that?

You'd only get enough time for 3 shots on your enemy then you Gouge him, unless you're overamp'd.

And how is full penetration set gonna out DPS non full penetration set when you will run out of energy faster and won't even be able to use your skills.

In PvE, 2 Daggers do equal overall damage to 2 Blades, it may be faster yeah but 50 damage is ALOT. Not only does your normal hits scale with it BUT ALSO your damage skill.

But the best combo for any dual wielder is definitely Sword and Dagger. With this set up you will be able to do 3 hits in 2 seconds with your skill and still have a high burst, with Swords you'd do only 2 and with Daggers you'd do 3 also but very low damage. Speed would help if you would get skill disabled and also to get an extra hit if you know how to use it properly.

With this you'd get nearly the same burst damage as Swords and nearly the same speed as 2 Daggers all in one, and with the extra speed you'd be able to pick off more hits than 2 Swords making your overall damage far greater than 2 Swords and obviously higher than 2 Daggers.

And Fyi, 4.2% Penetration isn't even 2 digits lol.

Daggers are also good in the hands of someone who knows what they can do but in this game, so far everyone I've seen focuses on their skill's cooldowns and spamming buttons.

I used to get around 3-4 extra hits or "Cheapshots" on my enemy if I timed my enemy's and my own attacks and power skills with my Gouge to make it that I hit him and he gets stunned before he could hit me. But that wasn't enough.

• 1 month later...

You guys are newbs lol

Rogues rely on heavy burst damage while BD can do good with either burst damage or speed.

What's the point of speed if you're gonna Gouge and Stealth? Have you ever even thought about that?

You'd only get enough time for 3 shots on your enemy then you Gouge him, unless you're overamp'd.

And how is full penetration set gonna out DPS non full penetration set when you will run out of energy faster and won't even be able to use your skills.

In PvE, 2 Daggers do equal overall damage to 2 Blades, it may be faster yeah but 50 damage is ALOT. Not only does your normal hits scale with it BUT ALSO your damage skill.

But the best combo for any dual wielder is definitely Sword and Dagger. With this set up you will be able to do 3 hits in 2 seconds with your skill and still have a high burst, with Swords you'd do only 2 and with Daggers you'd do 3 also but very low damage. Speed would help if you would get skill disabled and also to get an extra hit if you know how to use it properly.

With this you'd get nearly the same burst damage as Swords and nearly the same speed as 2 Daggers all in one, and with the extra speed you'd be able to pick off more hits than 2 Swords making your overall damage far greater than 2 Swords and obviously higher than 2 Daggers.

And Fyi, 4.2% Penetration isn't even 2 digits lol.

Daggers are also good in the hands of someone who knows what they can do but in this game, so far everyone I've seen focuses on their skill's cooldowns and spamming buttons.

I used to get around 3-4 extra hits or "Cheapshots" on my enemy if I timed my enemy's and my own attacks and power skills with my Gouge to make it that I hit him and he gets stunned before he could hit me. But that wasn't enough.

If u can kill druid with swords u r lucky. Admit it.

I kill them easy with KW set and 16% penetration. Doom rondels of course... From pure 381 physical dmg  i do ~355 on cloth armors, no matter the amp. When priests drain my mana out i kill them too. Without mana.  Just because of penetration and attack speed. Obviously no mana needed for them.

BUT if u PvP melee - shit changes... Its a bit tricky, but its not impossible to beat some BD ass up with 3,500 hp...

U know, skilled player with doom rondels can kill pretty much anyone.

Its a motherducken OP.

In proper hands rogue can be a killing machine.

• 5 months later...