how to deal with mages

warmaster

i haven´t seen many mages on fb side, but since last week i keep encountering with a lvl 17 mage (cant remember his name) he is arround nadir and killed me many times, he even beat us 2 vs 1. :( :mega_shok:

mi question is how do you deal with mages, what strategy do you recommend against them??

thanks to anyone who can help  ;D ;D ;D

im a barb so i normally deal with them by using cut first and then roar and usually by then they will have used their chain move and teleport. after they do that i charge them power hit and then taunt after a second power hit to prevent them from using the chain move for a second or two. after that they are usually dead for me. i havent really found any mages that are a major threat yet.

I saw one around Nadir as well, maybe the same one. xD I was like OMG LOOK A MAGE! Then I killed him o.O I think that Mage is the least used class in the whole game, which is probably their only advantage since less people know exactly what their skills are and how to combat them.

Best way to kill a mage is to use any of the other ranged classes.

I saw one around Nadir as well, maybe the same one. xD I was like OMG LOOK A MAGE! Then I killed him o.O I think that Mage is the least used class in the whole game, which is probably their only advantage since less people know exactly what their skills are and how to combat them.

Best way to kill a mage is to use any of the other ranged classes.

mage is just a not usual clas, bat its very powerful end able to destroi ani oter class in fel seconds. forgeve mi for mi bed inglesh  :good:

Mage has a lot of potential, at lvl 8 i did arena and won 8/9 matches where i did the most dmg, that was with a +1 newbie staff. And honestly i was surprised, i think im gonna start to level more because at high lvl and amp i might be a pretty serious underdog  :yahoo:

im not sure how i feel about mages yet because of the fact that they still use cloth armor. now dont get me wrong warlocks have the same problem but they also can keep the enemy away with fear and stun portal. idk if the mage has a fear type move and their stun isnt all too effective in my opinion. if i had to choose id choose warlock over mage 10 times out of 10 i dont have a mage but i will play one just to see how they handle but i think i will still feel the same because they cannot heal at all and thats a major problem and a mage must focus 100% on attack

:good: i agree with time and coolcat. once they do use their skills they are done for and that usually happens with barb and classes that have a bunch of hp. i have about 3050 health and when fighting mages or any casters i use their type of magic def and it helps alot. i usually end up killing the caster, only a couple of castors give me trouble like vicboss and poley and saffo(saffo because i never see his face, he is too busy running for his life)

• 2 weeks later...

what if the mage time warps directly under you. then uses lv5 chains, followed by lv5 stone. finally retreating by running or cleverly using time warp using the chains as a getaway (from melee class) and wait for cooldowns, add fire ball to your timing preference.

Everytime i see a mage/warlock in arena im like "Kill it kill it damn it KILL ITTT  :diablo: "

:lol:  very strong opponents in arena.. my only advice would be, screw their partner.. jump the hell all over the mage/warlock.

And if you see a double team.. kiss your arse and cross your fingers  ;D

Oh.. and try your best to avoid thier traps.. once caught your either dead or in for a rough time.

what if the mage time warps directly under you. then uses lv5 chains, followed by lv5 stone. finally retreating by running or cleverly using time warp using the chains as a getaway (from melee class) and wait for cooldowns, add fire ball to your timing preference.

i havent met a mage yet that can kill me so swaaz you should be the first :good:  go make a mage and kick my ass

i havent met a mage yet that can kill me so swaaz you should be the first :good:  go make a mage and kick my ass

Swaaz sucks so even if he did make a mage everyone could kick his ass with their eyes closed

Lvl 5 chains would push the enemy so far away that stones would never reach  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Do you understand the skills for this class at all?

Lvl 5 chains would push the enemy so far away that stones would never reach  :facepalm: :facepalm:  Do you understand the skills for this class at all?

:rofl: :rofl:

Lvl 5 chains would push the enemy so far away that stones would never reach  :facepalm: :facepalm:  Do you understand the skills for this class at all?

teleporting directly under would give you the half of a second needed to dual cast meteor then chains. just switch the order idc

teleporting directly under would give you the half of a second needed to dual cast meteor then chains. just switch the order idc

Ok but then you wouldnt be able to "cleverly" get away because teleport and chains would be on cooldown, plus unless you hit both players with chains it would be useless. Lvl 5 chains is a waste 3 or 4 might be okay. But my mage is only gonna have lvl 3 chains.

Ok but then you wouldnt be able to "cleverly" get away because teleport and chains would be on cooldown, plus unless you hit both players with chains it would be useless. Lvl 5 chains is a waste 3 or 4 might be okay. But my mage is only gonna have lvl 3 chains.

chains would be on cooldown because your already trying to get away, i dont understand your first part. and assuming its an arena battle, using time warp in the beginning of the fight (before the countdown reaches 0) gives you enough time to get to the enemy players while their still "grouped" together. obviously you know more about skill placement then me, if lv3 chains goes on par with lv5 meteor, then by all means change it to your liking. im just throwing ideas out since theirs literally less mages then ANY other class in sapphire.

chains would be on cooldown because your already trying to get away, i dont understand your first part. and assuming its an arena battle, using time warp in the beginning of the fight (before the countdown reaches 0) gives you enough time to get to the enemy players while their still "grouped" together. obviously you know more about skill placement then me, if lv3 chains goes on par with lv5 meteor, then by all means change it to your liking. im just throwing ideas out since theirs literally less mages then ANY other class in sapphire.

I understand, sorry if i came off harsh. Im just speaking from the little experience i have. I havent seen any high level mages in forum, and the highest in game i saw was lvl 17

I understand, sorry if i came off harsh. Im just speaking from the little experience i have. I havent seen any high level mages in forum, and the highest in game i saw was lvl 17

you didnt come off harsh, we were discussing opinions. nothing personal. if anything thanks for the info about level 3-5 chains

glad to see that we are all getting along :yahoo:  and mages are a horrible class. i faced a lvl 20 mage in arena a couple days ago and he didnt even scratch me. their skills do not mesh together at all and it is hard to link them with success