Do something with the paladin needs........idk something

Takke

Before the last big update paladins felt very viable in pvp. Now however, even max lvl top gear, it feels like I'm playing a barbarian back in the .7 days, and those that remember it wasn't much fun. The idea and intent of the paladin class is great but its lost its teeth please do something to help em out.

I agree, although i have a lvl 13 paladin i still feel like there isnt much of a point to leveling up, i am convinced that i will be weak due to the recent updates. However, IM A PRIEST soooo, i will keep playing liek normal, and i hope that the paladins will get a small, increase in dmg  :search: v :cray: :clapping:  My paladin has 43 astral dmg and does 41 dmg with FoJ at level 4. It seems like if u increase FoJ skill it should increase damage over time, but it doesnt. SO increase FoJ skill in relation to skill increase and then me and many others will probably have a desire to level up and a AMP a high level paladin!  :drinks: :tease:

What, you want to depends on one skill to win? You should learn to use strategy. Besides, you don't have to waste a move on skill like chop, it just comes as a side effect with purification. You shouldn't depend on that extra damage so much. Besides, using 1 handed weapon = supposed to be weak, but you get the extra damage so it's a bonus. Barb using 1 hand axe gets nothing plus his chop would be weaker. You sentinel people  just want everything easy

Obviously youve not played a high lvl paladin yet. Barbs and blade dancers out dps, out tank paladins period. Thats including heal and aura into the survivability factor. We are out matched. And while we don't use skill points for our dot we do have to use up crystal slots on gear to get the dmg even close to a barb or blade dancers dot. Then take into consideration while all you have to do is click a button once, we have to save our purification strike until we have foj active on target , which is nt always accurate, then get a puny dot.

Paladins are a hybrid class, they can Tank, Heal, DPS and Support.

Want more DoT? Get Astral simple.

Want more damage? Use 2H weapon.

They can do DPS and increase heal of nearby allies and not just that they can also heal a little too, I seen a Paladin heal 400, that's not a crit heal, Don't think BDs and Barbs can support, all they do is decrease damage and tank, and first of all, Paladins are mainly a Tank/Support class.

Want DPS? Roll a rogue or a ranger, you can out DPS those BDs and Barbs.

And let's not forget their AoE stun, no other tank class has one of those, plus the heal and heal increase too.

and fyi, paladins didn't get nerf'd, they got fixed.

Slower attack times and decrease in dmg is a nerf there smart guy. But in regards to your post your right paladins can do all those things. The problem lies in the fact that while the idea is sound they cannot do all those things at once or well, in pvp there isn't enough time nor do they have enough energy points if they did. If they specialize in heal they cannot dps enough to drop the other tank classes, if they go for dmg they cannot match the survivability of the other tank classes.

Slower attacks? that was a fix.

Mace does more damage than Axes or Swords, what you want him to swing every one second and deal more damage than other weapons that do the same speed?

and FoJ DoT was based on Physical long time ago when it was suppose to be ASTRAL, both fixes.

Paladins are good in wars, mostly cause of their AoE and heal aura.

They can stun warlocks before they get to use Dark Circle while rangers, mages and dps druids can take them out, and they can also take the damage while druids and priests heal them, see, it's not always 1 on 1 that matters.

But there is a misconception here. Astral wasn't fixed as in your toons astral = foj dot dmg, its a percentage of your total. What has paladin users piturbed is how lousy the dot is. Even with the best paladin astral gear in game (doom mace + crystal, rings, cloak) the rank 5 foj dot on my paly is right about the same as my lvl 19 barbs rank 5 chop. And to get it even there right off the top I lost base weapon dmg using the astral crystal, which in turn then makes the axe not only faster but doing more dmg, with penetration bonuses. I do agree with the statement paladins are useful in group pvp, I will give you that.

Mabye if u add other roles like support/tank instead of only pvp,...

and if a high lvl paladin dot is the same as high lvl barb theres no need to change it... cuz barb is "balanced" ;D ;D :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

:facepalm: Yes barb is balanced, the problem lies in the fact to get the same dot paladins have to sacrifice base line dps which is one area they already fall behind barbs and blade dancers, so it just gets worse. Then you have to look at base hp where paladins are lower, health regen base which paladins are also lower. Combine all this with the fact barbs and blade dancers have outstanding dmg reduction abilities, which prevent more dmg than a paladin could ever hope to heal in the same amount of time. All this says paladins need alittle work. I've got the lvl 19 barb to compare in game performance the other tanks have an advantage period.

• 2 weeks later...

look dude, forget about the astral effects. u get 100+ hp per heal and that would help a lot. plus, barb with lv5 chop had to sacrifice his roar/charge skill.

A paladin is best for hunt with there aura .... And due to the beautiful swamp island nobody wants to hunt like the way they used to do before...

So... Aura is not that useful now...and somone is telling that the paladins can go in between legion and forsakens and use Foj and others do damage then i can assure u that there are very few times when such precious moment come for a paladin coz during the war like situation all the firstborn and chosens are unable to use their skills if the forsakens and legions are at the other side of crossing...Thanks to the balanced skills firstborn and chosen die like chickens....

And for the astral damage done after combination,why the damage is like little more than half of total astral,as there is no such thing as astral defence....

A paladin must get dot equal to the total astral one has....