Defense sucks

zherot

I can't believe how terrible the defense stats are, i had an armor with 190 defense and then bought an armor that had 275 defense + 190 defense on top and enemies that were doing 60 damage to my character did 58 damage when equiped.

What the actual duck?, how is this even possible?, more than triple the defense and the enemy does only 2 points of damage less than before? WHAT????

Edited by zherot

The ammount of defence parried is shown on the defensive statistic pannel. 

It works accordingly to the ammount received - you can't expect that, if you receive 60 dmg from a 190 def, you'll halve the damage received just cause you doubled it. 465 def is still kinda low, at it should parry something like 1.5% of damage, If I am not wrong.

Edited by Higgings

It sucks, defense is not a reliable stat and it is this way because the game is designed around forging weapons and armor up to +10 so this is why the formula is just a stupid % that increases the more defense you have, this % is so high that in order to cap it you will need to have armor increased to +10 for it to be able to reach a decent amount of damage reduction.

In other words, it is like that to incentivice the p2w.

2 hours ago, zherot said:

It sucks, defense is not a reliable stat and it is this way because the game is designed around forging weapons and armor up to +10 so this is why the formula is just a stupid % that increases the more defense you have, this % is so high that in order to cap it you will need to have armor increased to +10 for it to be able to reach a decent amount of damage reduction.

In other words, it is like that to incentivice the p2w.

You don't need armor increased to +10 to get a decent amount of damage reduction. At high level all you need is +6+7 equipments. You can amplify your items using gold you get from daily quests ...