Insect Swarm - Now worth upgrading to lvl5 ?

darkme

Roots, lightning and heal are very important, and so is shield, and now bees do dmg, idk how to decide  :wacko: :wacko:  I would go with roots before bees personally

the most weird thing is that all druid ideas come from players who dnt actually play druid  :crazy: :crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol that is weird, i think a lot of us have druid friends tho. At least i do, and we discuss tactics and skills alot so we can work better together in arena  :drinks:

Lol that is weird, i think a lot of us have druid friends tho. At least i do, and we discuss tactics and skills alot so we can work better together in arena  :drinks:

watching ur friends play a class is not same as playing a class urself  :diablo: :diablo:

watching ur friends play a class is not same as playing a class urself  :diablo: :diablo:

As i stated in the remainder of my post, my friend annd i must communicate frequently about the mechanics and usability of our skills in order to be successful at arena. I also have a druid at level 12 so i do in fact understand the class.

But thanks for your opinion...  8)

It's simple common sense, doesn't matter if you play the class or not.

Roots must be 5, only a complete noob would make it 1-4.

Heal 5, a must too.

that remains 4 extra points, so it's either shield if you're more of a supporter.

and if you prefer damage, then you should calculate the damage increase of Swarms and Lightning.

If lvling Swarm increases the duration and adds more DoT then I say make it 5, if it would do more damage at lvl 5 than lvl 5 Lightning then make it 5 too.

If they do equal damage then make them both 3 so you can use 2 skills for damage just like making Earthquake 5 and Lightning 1 for shaman.

Otherwise, Swarm isn't worth upgrading.

Only a complete noob would upgrade root without thinking to 5. I tried it with stopwatch and lvl 4 root does exactly the same time his work as nightmares (necro) lvl 1. Upgrading to 5 is probably spoiling skill points. Yes, level 3 or 4 is advisable but not a priority. Heal and lightnight are a lot more important. Root does not stun, it only holds a player on his spot for some time and there are a lot of ranged-classes.

2nd thing;

You can't compare the damage of bees and lightning. Lightning is 1 hit, bees is drop-damage. Lightning has 7 seconds cooldown, bees has 15 seconds. Even if you calculate the damage 'as the same' then you can do double damage with lightning because of the cooldown  ;)

Enemy can't use skills in root, so if your enemy uses heal you can count until it's 1 sec til cooldown, root them and you get a healer without heal.

And that's another 1 sec to keep distance from a melee class.

I seen allot of druids with root on 1, easy kill.

Root on 5 is just really annoying especially on necro and rogue.

As far as i experience it; mc's can still use skills when entangled.

The healing works longer than the cooldown for the skill, so you gain maybe 1 second without healing when your timing is right.

I indeed use entangle in arena for 'stunning' elves and for running away for melee-classes. But arena has not my priority in the game.

For me it is 5 Heal, 5 Lightning and 5 root. 1 Bees is enough if you time it right. You can easilly stop a rogue from entering stealth. 5 Root hold for about 5-6 seconds, which is amazing in arena, or just to get away from an enemy...

As far as i experience it; mc's can still use skills when entangled.

You can't use skills while rooted, Make your Root 5 and you will see.

No. It's just hard to notice for low lvl rooters in Druid's pov.

I can't call lvl 4 'low'  ;) But entangle is something like 1 second per lvl. I think i will not upgrade it further... my skill points go to bees now :)

Barbs can charged when entangled. Entangle only disable other elves, not mc.

:facepalm:

L2P your class, really, like the 3rd time you said this and I never even played a druid.  :facepalm:

L2P?

It maybe it is the 3rd time i say it does not stun (i never told this example of charging while entangled), but that's because you tell storys about it. I already knew it didn't stun, but you keep telling it does.

You can't use skills while rooted, end of discussion, don't wanna teach people how to play their own class when they just rejecting what I say, especially if it's multiple times.

I'm out.

:D

When i see everyday barbs charging while entangled (even double entangled :P), i know you are completly wrong. Stop telling fairytails. Elves' skills get disabled, mc's not.

:D

When i see everyday barbs charging while entangled (even double entangled :P), i know you are completly wrong. Stop telling fairytails. Elves' skills get disabled, mc's not.

you must be new to this game, screen to shut your mouth inc.

I can't help what i see everyday :)

I entangle barb, barb charges to me, i got stunned and the barb is still entangled.

You tell me how it is possible that a barb can use his skill when his skills are disabled.

;D

Then i still don't have the answer why barbs can charge while entangled.

My example;

I entangle barb, barb charges to me, i got stunned and the barb is still entangled.

happens every arena against barbs.

I can't help what i see everyday :)

You tell me how it is possible that a barb can use his skill when his skills are disabled.

Barb's charge can break roots, traps, dark circle, and all stuns. ONLY if the time you cast the skill is the same time barb is using the skill.

:good:

Oh I see now, Troll wants to be fed?

Ok, I'll feed the  ****ing troll.

State what exactly happened and when the Barb charged.

If it's at start then you both used skills at same time, if it's during the time he was Entangled then you, sir, got a fairy tale-writing job in your future.

Barb's charge can break roots, traps, dark circle, and all stuns. ONLY if the time you cast the skill is the same time barb is using the skill.

charge breaks only quake, trap and mage chains

charge breaks only quake, trap and mage chains

Will repeat.

Try to time it better. Charge + Root/Trap/Chains/etc SAME TIME.

• 4 weeks later...

Only a complete noob would upgrade root without thinking to 5. I tried it with stopwatch and lvl 4 root does exactly the same time his work as nightmares (necro) lvl 1. Upgrading to 5 is probably spoiling skill points. Yes, level 3 or 4 is advisable but not a priority. Heal and lightnight are a lot more important. Root does not stun, it only holds a player on his spot for some time and there are a lot of ranged-classes.

2nd thing;

You can't compare the damage of bees and lightning. Lightning is 1 hit, bees is drop-damage. Lightning has 7 seconds cooldown, bees has 15 seconds. Even if you calculate the damage 'as the same' then you can do double damage with lightning because of the cooldown  ;)

omg my main is a druid lol and roots lvl 5 is the best option , getting bees lvled is a waste it has same duration only more dmg and more slow atks , i tried it at lvl 5 it good for hunt reall slow boss hits  ;D  and they r right barb charge if u use roots and he uses charge at same time but if u use it before the barb its done , he cant charge  :blush:

On my druid i use for now heal 5, lightning 5, bees 3.. When i someday finally reach lvl 20 i will make root 3 too :P

And bees is a very good skill, it reduce enemy atk speed and also reduce enemy chance of critical (resillence :D)

• 2 weeks later...

GM pls add critical chance on Insect Swarm  ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's an 100% bleed since it cannot dodge, fail or etc, it doesn't need Critical unlike Warlock's Plash.

Insect Swarm is already op now, it reduces the enemies Critical and Speed % and also does around 400 damage you can't avoid and don't forget dat facking stagger.