Builds after the patch

bramm

Level 16

5 foj 5 purify 2 heal

what i wish i had done

5 purify 5 heal 2 aura

I tend to solo alot and foj isnt as usefull after the patch

my build at lvl 18 is 4 foj 4 purify 5 heal 1 aura. i heal 414 (827 crit) and its not maxed yet, i think i might get 450. also dmg is like barb with 1h axe and shield but with priest like skill :D add decent critical in gear (works for damage and heal) and u got urself a great tank to pvp (vs melee ofc) and if u play it right u can beat shamans, just heal urself n use ur mana wisely wait till the shaman mana ends :P (if hes a dumb skill spammer ull beat him easily)

I bought the book of obliteration and reset my skills.

My current stoppage is due to all the quests being party related so for trial I went with

5 aura 5 heal 2 purify

I am in full arena gear and havent lost an arena since I made that change. although the aura is more important to get and I cannot stand it when I get declined. therefore I only arena with people already in my party now  ;D

But with 2 purify your attack will be totally messed up. My set up at 16 is 5 purify, 4 FOJ, 3 heal, 1 aura and persuation. FOJ does not cause that extra damage with purify now :unknw:

right but when I added astral to bump my heals THAT actually gives you damage on the FOJ I dont have the numbers now but i calculated base damage ( non crit) over 2.5 k and dps was the same with my pvp mace as the two hander. just smaller faster attacks and the crits arent as awesome

equip a ring with plus to astral and you will see an foj bump on the secondary damage ( I added rings and amulate with astral and doubled secondary damage while foj was active. it went from 30 without astral to 60 something. it ticks three times so its around 180 every combo.its not quit as hard as I was hitting before but its pretty close.) my problem is finding good jewelry with astral

maybe I did the math wrong because I do  FEEL like I'm hitting much weaker. :unknw:

the trade off is I never have to stop and regen. shit has to take a serious turn down fd up mountain before I have to stop heal and regen mana. :good:

although Im stuck with this build till december regardless so I'll keep you posted. so far I've noticed MC get away from me much more often but I am a sonofa♥♥♥♥♥ for them to kill. survival two thumbs way up , damage....meh

Thank you for your input bramm, my paladin is at 13 and i think i need to change skills and with your advice i feel i will be a much better paladin in levels to come. Is aura more important than heal? I would think so but i would like your opinion

yah thanx!  :crazy:  but i got the 12lvl hammer on my paladin cuz didnt find the axe anywhere and got it cheap +3 and cry and rune in it  ;D  not complaining  :blush:

I use the two hander for weak easy stuff to make it fast and the mace for harder stuff I need to tank a little

I have both arena weapons my 2 hander is plus 4 and my mace is plus three.

I have been using the FOJ opurifycombo to burn things down pretty good finally about to ding 18 im still liking this build

I use the two hander for weak easy stuff to make it fast and the mace for harder stuff I need to tank a little

I have both arena weapons my 2 hander is plus 4 and my mace is plus three.

I have been using the FOJ opurifycombo to burn things down pretty good finally about to ding 18 im still liking this build

ooo, ok thats coool, i have the 13lvl 2 handed hammer and its good but i think at the axe would be better but got the mace by 6k  :yahoo: its +2 and my atk is 245 i think  8)  but i rly want the full arena  :blush:

OK i think im settling into this final build

5 purify 5 heal 5 aura.

use two hander for weakcritters and pvp and use sheild and mace for tanking crap in pve.

still doesnt hold aggro worth a crap but its great for solo questing and tanking mini bosses.

currently my purify is only at 3 and I am missing my damage I can tell you that much. I have started losing much more in arena than before I dropped purify.

OK i think im settling into this final build

5 purify 5 heal 5 aura.

use two hander for weakcritters and pvp and use sheild and mace for tanking crap in pve.

still doesnt hold aggro worth a crap but its great for solo questing and tanking mini bosses.

currently my purify is only at 3 and I am missing my damage I can tell you that much. I have started losing much more in arena than before I dropped purify.

Sounds good and do you play at EU-EMERALD? cuz i would rly like to chat u in game  :drinks:

US Sapphire

Level 19 now

still in level 15 arena gear feeling squishy vs 19 an 20s in arena

going to try and get 20 before I start heavily investing in gear.

for questing and tanking basic crap the build is working well enough. 5 aura 5 heal 3 purify

US Sapphire

Level 19 now

still in level 15 arena gear feeling squishy vs 19 an 20s in arena

going to try and get 20 before I start heavily investing in gear.

for questing and tanking basic crap the build is working well enough. 5 aura 5 heal 3 purify

Yeah sounds good! too bad were different servers  :cray:  But my 10lvl arena ranger is at your side cause EU's 10lvls are only rich bit chess who have all like +7 and totally noobs  ;D  so i like 10lvl at us cause mostly pro none mc guys  :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

Level 20 for awhile now level 15 arena gear still saving arena points for champion gear spent 20 dollars on nothing but amps for my armor and shadow resistance have best astral jewelry I can get in the game now still feel squishy vs. Most classes except for shaman and necros I believe my gear is last obstacle at this point. If I still feel squishy at max gear and amp I will.change build to something else.

Level 20 for awhile now level 15 arena gear still saving arena points for champion gear spent 20 dollars on nothing but amps for my armor and shadow resistance have best astral jewelry I can get in the game now still feel squishy vs. Most classes except for shaman and necros I believe my gear is last obstacle at this point. If I still feel squishy at max gear and amp I will.change build to something else.

Wow grats for 20lvl!  :crazy:  The champion gear is awesome!  ;D  u should spend other 20bucks to ticks  :blush:

Tell me what works because i may want to revive my paladin if the build is right. Also Gratz on 20!!

5 purify

5 heal

3 aura

3 Foj

1 persuasion {I don't tank coz lower damage than a BD)

This would be my build :)

5 purify

5 heal

3 aura

3 Foj

1 persuasion {I don't tank coz lower damage than a BD)

This would be my build :)

Cool, but is the FoJ good to update? should be better to put aura 5 or is it worth to put?  :good:

See actually Foj is the only stunt that a paladin has and stunt is very important for a melee right? If foj is not even 3 then it will fail most of the time so is really required :)

foj only fails on bosses it seems to work fine on players and mini bosses with nothing invested in it

the closer you are seems to affect the failure rate as well. I know agains players I wait for my mace to hit the first time before I pop foj and it never fails. the range is a lot shorter though as compared to level 5 foj I used to foj half of the damn dungeons with it. having it at 0 also keeps you from accidentally aggroing as many creatures in the dungeons.which is nice if you are pvping.

I will agree that it can be frustrating being two tile behind a person your chasing and fail with the foj though. it is a trade off I am still not sure that is worth it to me.

the hold time has stayed the same. always for three tics of secondary damage before release.

the secondary purify damage since the last patch is no longer affected by the skill level of FOJ (which is bullshit in my opinion) and is only affected by the amount of astral you have equipped. it doesnt seem worth it to me just yet I think i would have been better off with full FOJ Full purify Full heal and going with defense and pure damage using potions to heal. however I am going to give this build every chance to succeed and I am waiting till I max out the gear completely before I make a call.

currently my Astral peices are maxed or damn near it both rings and necklace and cloak are best I could find on the market. my mace is the arena mace with astral crystal as well.

When my heal crits high it can be up to 900 ish normally it hits around 400 as a low I get only 270 ish. that is pretty low numbers for as much money I have put into stacking astral. so I cannot reccomend stacking astral at this time. but I cant say I hate it either. i feel my current weakness is my level 15 arena gear. it is all amped to plus 5 or 6 ish but I need to get the champion set now. the 18 to 20 bracket is chock full of long time players with super high amped crap and preformed teams and paertnerships,. getting the arena points for all champion gear is going to be a ball buster.

stacking astral in theory sounds efficent to me I add to my secondary damage AND my heals but as of yet I cannot fully endorse it as being a good way to go. there are benefits but this post is getting fing long

I do like stacking astral for some reasons though.

1. I never use potions and heal up pretty fast so theres low amounts of down time.

2. I can tank fairly well as long as people know to stop attacking if they grab my aggro.

3. the astral damage is unavoidable and a bleed type damage a couple of times the fights have been close and they have ran and still died.(foj purify combo)

4.I like walking up on some blade dancer killing the crap out of everyone saving his life and watching the tides tip in his favor. then the MC scatter and flee.

foj only fails on bosses it seems to work fine on players and mini bosses with nothing invested in it

the closer you are seems to affect the failure rate as well. I know agains players I wait for my mace to hit the first time before I pop foj and it never fails. the range is a lot shorter though as compared to level 5 foj I used to foj half of the damn dungeons with it. having it at 0 also keeps you from accidentally aggroing as many creatures in the dungeons.which is nice if you are pvping.

I will agree that it can be frustrating being two tile behind a person your chasing and fail with the foj though. it is a trade off I am still not sure that is worth it to me.

the hold time has stayed the same. always for three tics of secondary damage before release.

the secondary purify damage since the last patch is no longer affected by the skill level of FOJ (which is bullshit in my opinion) and is only affected by the amount of astral you have equipped. it doesnt seem worth it to me just yet I think i would have been better off with full FOJ Full purify Full heal and going with defense and pure damage using potions to heal. however I am going to give this build every chance to succeed and I am waiting till I max out the gear completely before I make a call.

currently my Astral peices are maxed or damn near it both rings and necklace and cloak are best I could find on the market. my mace is the arena mace with astral crystal as well.

When my heal crits high it can be up to 900 ish normally it hits around 400 as a low I get only 270 ish. that is pretty low numbers for as much money I have put into stacking astral. so I cannot reccomend stacking astral at this time. but I cant say I hate it either. i feel my current weakness is my level 15 arena gear. it is all amped to plus 5 or 6 ish but I need to get the champion set now. the 18 to 20 bracket is chock full of long time players with super high amped crap and preformed teams and paertnerships,. getting the arena points for all champion gear is going to be a ball buster.

stacking astral in theory sounds efficent to me I add to my secondary damage AND my heals but as of yet I cannot fully endorse it as being a good way to go. there are benefits but this post is getting fing long

Yes long post indeed  :tease:  But cant say at there is bullshit in your post becouse i saw every word interesting, I think ill put dmg astral to my future arena mace (15lvl)  and use only astral in rings and cape and amulet.

But the 900 crit heal sounds good at pvp, how much is your total health atm?

Now I guess I have no other choice

5 purify

5 heal

5 aura

so don't you think paladins are no good for pvp low attack, no damage buff, no good stunt( just like 2 seconds :bad:) and no way to catch running players even if 2 step away. A BD can easily have 250 damage but paladins are like only 200 + he attack in 2 seconds so if you use 2H he hit almost twice you hit him. Paladins are awsome for solo with self heal but to some extent not that good for pvp :( When you compare with a DK or a Barb the they are good at pvp too with the charge and threads skill 

Secondary damage from foj purify combo is enhanced with astral which also enhances healand no I wouldn't throw foj off the table

I do know the pool of mc that can kick my ass one on one is dwindling with every gear upgrade.

Paladins may suck for now, but i still have my hopes on them! I even level my paladin right now, gonna see how it'll be when i reach lv18, with 1h doom mace/shield. :) Build will be 5 purify, 3 FoJ, 5 Aura and 3 heal.

I had a thought today . I haven't been able to decide between 5 aura and 5 foj but  if foj lasts 3 seconds and the cooldown is under 15 seconds then 5 paladins in party could lock a battlefield down  completely till they ran out of mana. Would be our version of the swimming pool locks have .if that would work I'm going to have to change build and go to 2hander.

I had a thought today . I haven't been able to decide between 5 aura and 5 foj but  if foj lasts 3 seconds and the cooldown is under 15 seconds then 5 paladins in party could lock a battlefield down  completely till they ran out of mana. Would be our version of the swimming pool locks have .if that would work I'm going to have to change build and go to 2hander.

Hmm, if that can work, then im changing build too ._. 5 purify 5 foj and 5 aura for me.

I have a fairly good Paladin with lvl 18 set and mace with +7 to +9 amplify. But as many of u already said we suck with ranged classes. I think the devs should give pallys a more balanced environment like:

1) Returning higher damage to FOJ.

2) Give better skills. Maybe Aura can also give additional defense or make Paladin be untargeteable by skills.

3) Higher heal.

4) Returning 1h weapon attack speed to 2.1