The music thread (share)

Bloodylipa

So today people were spamming bands and song on the trade chat so im going to take it further and make a topic here where you can share thought, facts, ooddities or just your taste.

Share any music of any genre, just tell us some about it :)

ill start...

Before I became a father and had a family I lived only for my cat and music. And in my teens it was alot of black and death metal, until one day when I was 18 - I found EBM. And it was neros voice of despare that spoke to me, but ill get back to him.

So ebm stands for electro body music and is a sub genre to industrial and synth music. Theirs numerous names for ebm and sub genres to ebm like - electro industrial, aggrotech, harsh ebm, terror ebm. And its hard to really tell all apart, but my general rule is that ebm has no growling vocals, which is very common in the others.

ebm sounds like - goth/synth/industrial fusion

terror ebm sounds like - synth/industrial/black metal.  fusion

harsh ebm/electro industrial sounds like - synth/industrial/harsh or growl vocals.  fusion

bands

suicide commando - these guys I like to call electro industrial and is one of the oldest band out there doing ebm-type music. Their song hellraiser is a classic and has been remixed so many times its crazy. My favorite song is - love breeds suicide.

wumpscut - also more old school electro indutrial band that molded the scene. Does very good music but all remixes sometimes gets old. The embryodead cd is a must if you like to try wumpscut.

dawn of ashes - a modern band that together with psyclon nine pushed the limits of terror ebm. And I like to call them top 3 of all times in the terror ebm genre, but around 2010 they decided to take their music elsewhere and now they play death metal. All their old terror ebm material is worth all your attention.

Chris Phol - lead singer for blutengel and terminal choice. Great classic ebm, have produced alot of material and half of it is really good.

Nachtmahr - came with a very good debute album. Has now also released a 2nd album.

life cried - after his debute album hes carrer picked up speed and with his second album. Life cried climbed to the top of the terror ebm scene. With the second album nero bellum from psyclon nine was assissting and mentoring and it shows - very good.

grendel - a great harsh ebm band that really succeded witht their album - harsh generation.

unter null - a project by Erika dunham that made international recognition. Very good terror ebm and my second favorite ebm band of all times. I got her last album - moving on signed by her, yay :) For favorite album its - a failure to epiphany. Erika also had a music project called - stray.

Psyclon nine - built the terror ebm scene with their 4 albums, pushing the limit with every album. To this day 'we the fallen' is the best terror ebm album in my opinion and nero will for ever be just what his chest tattoo says - ubermensch. After alot of drug problems nero is making new music again and just a week ago I donated and downloaded his new single. Unfortunatly it sounds to much like 'nine inch nails' for me, but it was just a single so no need to get worried. I love psyclon nine, I love nero - my wife jokes all the time that if I ever met him, we would run away together, lol. Im bi-curious but I would never leave my wife. I belive in one partner at a time and one partner only.

so much more to say but no time... Please share or ask questions - lets make ti fun

Kill elf and listen rock hmm :

Limp Bizkit - My Generation , 745 - Jesus Please , Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor etc ..

When only quest or hunt i listen rap or hip hop :D

Up all best music and hh

okay. Enough with jokes now. I will tell you the bests of the bests bands ever!

1. Iron maiden

2.Metallica

3.W.A.S.P

4.AC/DC  / slipknot/ justin timberlake :)

Oooh Bloody, it's true. You would run off  with Nero.

I really like Psyclon Nine though. And, I will always have a place in my heart for Marilyn Manson and AFI and, Nine Inch Nails.

But I also really enjoy KMFDM, Tim Skold, and Ministry, and my favorite train wreck, Courtney Love.

Also loads of older classic rock.

Oooh Bloody, it's true. You would run off  with Nero.

I really like Psyclon Nine though. And, I will always have a place in my heart for Marilyn Manson and AFI and, Nine Inch Nails.

But I also really enjoy KMFDM, Tim Skold, and Ministry, and my favorite train wreck, Courtney Love.

Also loads of older classic rock.

I love Ministry  :rofl:

slipknot H.I.M nd some of the rap songs ;D  also  mettalica  linkin park nd greenday .actually  i dnt like any particular band i like some selected songs :drinks: :drinks:

These are the bands I found that were not famous but when i heard them...they blew my mind

Progressive metal, phsycdelic metal, or whatever you want to call it:

Haggard - It's like Sypmonic metal...with some songs in Latin. A masterpiece band if you like the gender and grutural voices.

Symphony X- Progre Band, more like Raphosdy, Ten, Nightwish,etc...

Dream Theater- Progre band...one of my fav...but with Portnoy, not now.

Tool- Progre? i honesly don't know how to catalogue this band...but it's amazing. If you like progre give tool a chance, it will blow your mind. Lateralus recomended.

Ark- A progre band, that has only 2 disks and then got separated.....Burn the sun...SUPER recomended if you like progre.

Vintersorg -  a Nordic metal band XD sings in their own language. I love it :P

And now the other gender i like a lot: Electronic music, but the following sub genders: Chill out, Lounge, ElectroJazz, Drum and Bass.

Chill out- all the Cafe del Mar volumes.

ElectroJazz, Lounge- Des press Cafe by Saint Germain, all of the 9-14 records are a masterpiece each other or Saint Germain Discs.

Drum and Bass- LTJ Bukem, Goldie, Bad Boy Orange, etc..

If you like any of this genders, i will post other artists or bands.

Youtube them and see if u like them :)

I've always kind of liked Tool but when Maynard started A Perfect Circle (aka APC) I felt that it was more my style of music. :) Did you know -Maynard has his own vinyard? lol

I dont feel conected to APC :( i like more....mm  tool's escence, the dark rythms with the bass, the complexity of the songs, etc... :)

Im googleing Vinyard, whats that? he have lands to make wine?

Sry, im from Arg, i dont have too much vocabulary yet :P

P.d:

Another gender i recall now talking about Dark Rythms and bass is Trip Hop, or the ones that are like the following bands XD

Dj Shadow

Massive Attack

Thievery Corporation

Porcupine Tree

Esbjörn Svensson Trio

Wine Spectator:[/size] How did you first get interested in wine?[/size]Maynard James Keenan: Being in an occupation that requires me to travel quite a bit, you're just exposed to more cultural things than you would if you were growing up in the suburbs of Boise, Idaho. When you're drinking warm Coca-Cola and your accountants and managers and booking agents are walking around with these nice glasses with nice red juice in it, you say, 'Hey, that doesn't look like what I've been drinking in the dressing room. What's that? I'm not going on stage unless I get to have what you have.'

WS: How have the other guys in Tool responded, not just to your wines, but maybe some of the classic ones you've shared with them over the years? MJK: I kinda tricked them at one point with some Bin 389 from Penfolds. Every night I would have a bottle open and give them a sip. I did that for about a month and a half, and then switched it out with something. Each one of them came up to me individually and said, 'Is this the same thing we've been drinking?' And I said, 'No, see, they're different. Gotcha.' For them, who were claiming they have no palate whatsoever and don't know the difference, even they could tell. It was a good education for them.HAHAHH epic, best Q&A i've read so far ahha.

ty for the link of the interview :)

Disturbed and Metallica are at the top of my favorites. But if you looked at my playlist.. you will see a bit of everything from every genre of music.  ;D

Disturbed - Im alive.

One of my favorite anime's in this video  :blush:

Disturbed and Metallica are at the top of my favorites. But if you looked at my playlist.. you will see a bit of everything from every genre of music.  Disturbed - Im alive.

one of my favourite songs is : creeping death  from ride the lightning album:D

Опубликованное фото

Опубликованное фото

The Clash and the score of Metropolis are permanent residents in my ipod. As well, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rancid, Sublime, The Cure, Nirvana, Violent Femmes and Bob Marley had huge impact on me growing up.

:drinks:

Behemoth- Demigod

duck the shitty musics, metal is what you guys need to grow balls  :diablo: :crazy:  Let the satan ruin u  :rofl: :search: :drinks:

The Clash and the score of Metropolis are permanent residents in my ipod. As well, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rancid, Sublime, The Cure, Nirvana, Violent Femmes and Bob Marley had huge impact on me growing up.

:drinks:

The Clash :good:

The Clash - Give 'Em Enough Rope "USSR Edition" (made in Russia) 1990 ;D

Опубликованное фото

JPop with electronic influence - love this song

My favorite band of all times. I got their logo tattooed on me and ill admit it. Nero (the singer) is soooo hot. They set the bar for any music i ever hear. And id so have a gay-experience with nero if i had the chance  :blush:

Siebenbürgen - Levande Begravd

Classic swedish black metal, sung in swedish ;) this band now only do english lyrics, but the first album was pure swedish and they have a few stray swedish songs on another album.

Amon Amarth - "Runes to My Memory"

Swedish viking-metal as its best. Seen these guys twice live - kick ass

A song that makes my wife think of me  :blush: . Also one of my absolute favoites, listen to this like crazy when i met my wife.

Enjoy!

hhaaa some crazy shit  :facepalm:  i rly like behemoth too seen 1x live  8)  and i love amon amarth  :lol:  but never heard of that swedish bm band but liked it too  :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

great song to listen before we all die ..

Hahaha, Iron Maiden is good but i don't like it anymore so much as i liked few years back cuz i love death metal and black metal so much  ::)

only one mecha ;)

OK, xmas time - time to bring out the slow love songs ;)

Assemblage 23 - I Am the Rain (lyrics)

might be my favorite synth song of all times. one of the most important bands for me growing up.

London After Midnight - Sacrifice

So beautiful - love LAMs old records.

Not a super fan of AFI, but i love blaqk audios first record. During bad times this record have put tears to my eyes. Definatly best emotional CD produced by an american band.

When I first met Bloody all we listened to was Blaqk Audio

This was always my favorite song :blush:

I love AFI. They have always had a place in my heart through bad times and good. There is just something about their music that moves me.

Bloody, speaking of love songs...

I always think of this song as our wedding song because it was on the just before I got to the church :)

And I always loved this song too...

And the song that makes me thing of you and all the hard times being apart...

:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The real x mas song  ;D  Happy christmas everyone!  :yahoo: