A dispute & question on farming

Nutritious

Lately, I've been logging out with my rogue and shm at the sea monster to periodically check if the farm is available.  Today there was an incident there, so I wanted to post here to get some clarification.

Now, I use two characters to farm, so I log in a shaman, heal rogue to tank, switch to rogue to use skills, and switch back repeatedly.

I log in this afternoon at the sea monster and see that it is up and walking around, appearing to be available.  So I log my shaman and quickly heal, then switch to my rogue to attack.  At the same time a lvl 14 necro begins to attack it as well.  Not knowing if he'd be waiting there I immediately back off to let him have it.  After a minute it's clear that he's unable to solo the mob because he's running out of energy.  I type that he should probably run and when he does, I gouge Sea Monster to make sure he can get away.

At this point, there is no one at the boss, so I figure it's free to farm.

So I begin as normal switching characters to quickly heal and skill attack to kill it.  Just then a level 18 shaman with a similar name to the necro (obviously the same player) walks up and dequips his staff and starts underhealing me.  I tell him to stop and frantically gouge and hide to get away.  I figure he's upset that I have the farm now so he's forcing me to give it back.  So I have to run, but I warn him I'm going to return the favor for what he did if he tries to steal it for himself.  He does and I do, so he's also forced to back off.

Fortunately, another shaman was there to witness this and offered to also heal my rogue so that he could prevent the guy from underhealing.

So, I start the farm again, the lvl 18 attempts again to underheal, but he can't stop both of us from healing the rogue.  Suddenly, he logs off (at which point I thought we'd won).  Only, a minute later a lvl 10 DK with a very similar name walks up and starts trying to pull the Sea Monster away to force an evade.  I quickly went to my rogue and gouged it to prevent this as well.  He switches to his shaman to underheal, and I switch back to stop him.

Finally, I kill the mob successfully, satisfied we stopped a troll from what he was trying to do.  But then he starts yelling at me for stealing his farm.  Apparently, he told me to stop and warned me he'd underheal me if I didn't.  Now, again, I'm rapidly switching characters, so if he did say anything, I did not see a word of it.  I explain this, but he continues berating me anyway and calling me a lair saying I did see his messages.  Also, he accuses me of blocking his necro's heal, which I'm not sure what he means there.  Still, I apologize and explain again I didn't see anything that he typed (assuming he's telling the truth), and told him the farm was his and logged off.

Sorry I know that's a super long post, but I wanted to give the entire story. 

Now, here's MY question/point.  If I come in to a farm and see a character attempting to farm it, but can't AND that character runs away, isn't it safe to assume that the farm is now available???  Regardless of what he may have claimed later about owning the farm, the only character present was the necro, who couldn't handle the farm and was forced to run.  Besides not seeing his apparent messages, have I done anything else wrong?  I even gave the farm back after all this.

1. Screw him.  Nobodies name is on the monster.  You even let him try to solo it when you thought he'd been waiting. You went above and beyond imo.

2. People still farm? Not swamp?

3.  Amazing how all this could be solved if you guys just grouped up to farm together. 

You did the right thing, that twit obviously just didn't like the fact that he didn't get his own way, if he'd have died he'd have asked why you let him die, so don't worry about it, some people you can never please and good on you for standing your ground, he doesn't deserve to farm with an attitude like that, you should give a name so all can under heal him and then he will know what it's like to have it done to him, first class (insert derogitary remark)

Hope it doesn't happen to you again, that you will have good hunts :)

Sincerely, Willy :)

Did i just read a whole composition?  :shok:

well from how i see it you culdve invited him to farm instead of letting him solo and so forth...problems shudnt arise at all.

Anyhow, we all hate underhealers or taunters all the same  :mega_shok:

You did the right thing from my point of view.

I hate when people make a scandal, doesn't apologize, and don't wont to hear the other part of the story. If i were the other necro, i would have asked first if i could join you or waiting my turn.....but underhealing? login other chars to bother another player? Cmon... leave that to elfs and chosen ones, not to our family....

...But...as i always says....behind every char there's a real person, with real attitudes, and those actions and decisions are reflected in the char. and we are all humans.

next time just invite him in pt rather then risking your life by doin solo hunt.. If he says no then you can also try to kill and he will try to kill, but imo you'll get the kill cuz of rogue.

You did the right thing from my point of view.

I hate when people make a scandal, doesn't apologize, and don't wont to hear the other part of the story. If i were the other necro, i would have asked first if i could join you or waiting my turn.....but underhealing? login other chars to bother another player? Cmon... leave that to elfs and chosen ones, not to our family....

...But...as i always says....behind every char there's a real person, with real attitudes, and those actions and decisions are reflected in the char. and we are all humans.

love it

After reading your explanation i believe you were at no fault at all.

Also at the sounds of things, this player in question needs to grow up a little or at least wise up.

*But then again.. with no offence intended.. its always best to hear both sides to a story.

Good luck with your future farms. Respect those who still farm.. because without them, new players facing these bosses wont have the benefit we had.