Perma Stun Paladin

Olympian

So my friend Sage decided to start making new pvp gear and it was forcused on max cd (Cool down) so all your skills would cool down super fast.I personally think it is really smart choice,because...

I believe this gear set up is even better than arena gear and probebly as good as greatness gear but for a really cheap cost.(Still pretty expensive but alot cheaper than greatness gears)

http://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/93440

I believe these gears are super good in pvp as this will permanently stun any class and will give you time to do anything you want.And by that I mean you can heal up to the max while they are stunned or keep attacking and stunning.This would easily kill damager classes especially like bd because if you get the stun off first they are done.This setup has light armor but still is pretty tanky with pretty good def for magic and physical dmg.Has good auto attack.45% critical hit,55% ferocity,65% cooldown,55% phy def and 46% magical def.

The only downsides to this setup is that you have a small amount o resilience(29%) and health which is about 5,600 health.If you want to have more health you can replace torso,belt or hands with sheer emptiness gear due to that there is 1 slot of cooldown which you can sacrafice for 500 hp and alot of def.

What do you guys think about this setup?Dope or nope?

:lol_crazy1:  

Not bad on paper, but I'd pick mana enchants on cape, chest, and mana regen on belt. Since you have high cooldown, you will run out of mana before you cycle your stuns, so you'd need a lot more mana than this. Actually even with the enchants I mentioned, it can still be tough in longer fights.

Also better to go with resistance enchants on both amulet and helmet.

you need crit enchant for mana regen on both rings and on belt, this way you have 90+ regen which is minium for creating spam cycles(at least in pve when you dont get cced alot), you need to get accuracy on gloves and amulet. much more balanced build and yet you still have 54% cd. 

anyways stun is %stat , so the perma stun scenario is more on paper than it will be true in real pvp.

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Not bad on paper, but I'd pick mana enchants on cape, chest, and mana regen on belt. Since you have high cooldown, you will run out of mana before you cycle your stuns, so you'd need a lot more mana than this. Actually even with the enchants I mentioned, it can still be tough in longer fights.

Also better to go with resistance enchants on both amulet and helmet.

hahaha i see ur lurking on forum but not ingame bq3.gif

38 minutes ago, lallouss said:

hahaha i see ur lurking on forum but not ingame bq3.gif

Yeah just happened to be for the minion contest, I'm working on something :dirol:

3 hours ago, Jhonnyboy said:

you need crit enchant for mana regen on both rings and on belt, this way you have 90+ regen which is minium for creating spam cycles(at least in pve when you dont get cced alot), you need to get accuracy on gloves and amulet. much more balanced build and yet you still have 54% cd. 

anyways stun is %stat , so the perma stun scenario is more on paper than it will be true in real pvp.

It does work on pvp trust me I have a friend doing this to bds and they hate it.

So I've concluded this is the setup.I will not get more than 150 mana because technically useless if you have 90 mana regen.

http://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/93535

26 minutes ago, lallouss said:

well this was before update of cooldown skills heheh

Hey! I was gonna put that too nub!

That kid said 60%+ cd works for perma stun but its 50%+ cd for perms stun to work.And in the desc he said he will do 100% cool down 😂.It will never be done because that means there wont be a cool down.

I'm skeptical of how better this is than full resilience or mix with resistence, because even with 60% cd there were some gaps, that are enough for them to break your cycle and kill you very fast because of low defense.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, Radgod said:

Hey! I was gonna put that too nub!

That kid said 60%+ cd works for perma stun but its 50%+ cd for perms stun to work.And in the desc he said he will do 100% cool down 😂.It will never be done because that means there wont be a cool down.

100% cooldown gives u -50% timing on ur skills not -100%

and 100% cd is the max stats u can get will make fetter 14sec into > 7sec

13 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Guy

I'm skeptical of how better this is than full resilience or mix with resistence, because even with 60% cd there were some gaps, that are enough for them to break your cycle and kill you very fast because of low defense.

Well there could be easily no gabs...if you watch closely when he had gaps it was when he didn't even use repellant strike,which is an additional couple of seconds of stuns which will make your other 2 stuns be ready to be used.

Edited by Radgod

As gladiator said its good on paper but long strings of stuns just set you up to fail in my opinion. Most people these days have some amount of resistance and even one failed stun will ruin your day. Harad call can be dodged im pretty sure and the shield stun can be dodged blocked or parried. Many people have some minor investment in the defensive stats these days. Not saying it cant work but you may not want to invest into getting that specific set considering its quite expensive.

Exactly, even perfect stun cycle classes like Charmer, Druid, Warlock, and Deathknight aren't much of a threat these days, and those can actually make optimal full stun keeping their resilience and defensive stats to a better extent than Paladins. It's just not a reliable build anymore.

Sure you can go for it for the fun of it, but don't make it your main.

What a found with my limited testing is that keeping banner lv4 greatly increases your chances of pretty much killing anyone in just one cycle of stuns (call foj shield) without sacrificing in the defense department due to the defense debuff it gives, Mixing magic and physical damage instead of going full out on physical is probably also better.banner damage is nothing to scoff at with some magic damage backing it.