Evasion...Useless or just broken?

pwnz0r.kthx@gmail.com

So I have a level 14 Ranger named Sekksi  O:-).... I'd like to start by explaining who I am and basically my credentials;

I'm ranked somewhere in the high 300s within the 11-14 pvp bracket (even though I find myself fighting level 16s about half the damn time).  I am wielding a +6 Heavy Bow and Full Arena gear (fully enchanted).  That being said, I'd like to point out a few flaws that I am pretty erked about:

Evasion..ahem..  I made the mistake of focusing on increasing my Dodge as much as possible which it's roughly in the high 20s with level 2 Evasion skill.  I won't elbaorate on my skill build though (sorry copy cats) :bad:.

My experience with dodge in this range is that it pretty much translates to about 2% in both pvp and pve....wtf?!

I'd like to understand why this is even a skill seeing as how it's ineffective and downright useless.  This is a stat that needs to be either fixed to reflect the true dodge % or removed entirely.

Furthermore, why the F do I find myself fighting lvl 16 almost half the effing time if I'm rated in an entirely different bracket?  Fix your game AiGrind...FFS! :facepalm:

Yours Truly,

Sekksi

14 Ranger

US-Saphire

Evasion adds 3% at lvl 2 if I'm right? well dodge in pvp only works when the other person has low accuracy or you are just lucky  ;D  I have 24% dodge and I still dont dodge very much :sorry: so if an mc i am pvping has 14% accuracy i would only dodge 10% of the time which is 1 out of ten attack which to be honest is not very much. Hope what i said helped. :)

Amm, u should aim defintly for dodge if thats the question. Having high dodge is always good, remember that you can dodge both physical and magic ataks, and if an opponent miss you, then you have more chances of landing the last attak to win.

Im a barb, i left the arena lvl 11-14 ranking at ranking 84 or so, cant remember well. I aimed for 20% dodge, 7%parry and 5% or 7% block if i remember right, besides i had full lvl 14 armor and based on my own arena experience i won a lot of fights cos of dodging, blocking or parrying a single attak against all clases, rangers, bd's, druids, even other barbs rogues, etc.....

And about fighting lvl 15 or 16 its unfair...i know XD but tell me truth...wining against them is so nice XD There are lots of lvl 15 or 16 that doesnt have good equip or make terrible mistakes when fightining....and we being lvl 14 rock them! that's the best feeling!

All of this based on my point of view of course XD my humble opinion :)

Good luck with that!

U shud beter concentrate on the other 4 skills rather than dodge. Dodge rarely works on ranger,

I agree scatter and bless are best :blush:  and dodge doesn't work the way its supposed to on mobs.

• 4 weeks later...

This is how it is - just cause your stats say 25% dodge, DOESNT mean you effectivly dodge 25% in arena. 2 factors (as far as I know) calculates dodge. Enemy lvl and accuracy - if the enemy is higher level then you the level diffrence will substract your dodge. Example a opponent with 2 levels more then you gives you -2% chance of succeding. And more important enemy accuracy substracts your dodge. So if enemy got 12% accuracy thats another -12% dodge chance for you.

real dodge value = dodge stat - (level diffrence + enemy accuracy)

note though if you are higher level then enemy the level diffrence increases your dodge rate.

As far as I know thats in a simple matter how it works.

And dont underestimated dodge, it can be very useful ignoring any type of incoming dmg. It works best on classes using healing/shields/penetration (2h axes), these stats or build usually haft to sacrifice some accuracy for these 3 things instead.

worst for dodge is dps classes - leather dps and dps mages, that have alot of accuracy on alot of items.