New patch

Mecha

REVIEW

Hydra is hard to reach because we need luck to teleport to Small Ravva, then need luck again to reach Hydra.

Its hard to gather enough players to kill it with its new hp values AND a time limit. Sure a challenge is fun. But not when luck is needed.

Why decrease chance to get lv18 items? And less quests give these items. Bad, since we cant just travel to our desired quest locations freely.

Now lv15 amulets from Lenar's shop are eligible for quest rewards.. very bad considering they are personal at RECEIVING... what are we supposed to do with them?? Wear them to look cute? Yea goes awesome with my lioness ears [sarcasm]

Less people are doing quests in Norlant now. Many have gone back to Irselnort. The promise of getting lvl 14-18 items is a farce now. The quest rewards are just for lvl 13-15.

• Developer

Less people are doing quests in Norlant now. Many have gone back to Irselnort. The promise of getting lvl 14-18 items is a farce now. The quest rewards are just for lvl 13-15.

Quest rewards are the same. You still could get "top" items.

Indeed. I missed in 10 minutes time the lvl 18 staff for a mage and the level 18 crossbow. And i received the armor of the Guiding Thread-set (also level 18)  :yahoo: . But it were just 2 quests with these high items. All others have at most 1 level 15 item and the rest is 'garbage'. Probably the chance of 17+ items is lowered a lot?

Quest rewards are the same.

No, they aren't the same, all Quests except Captives and Hydra give only lv 17-18 items..

and Hydra is just too stupid, we need to wait 5-10 hours to gather enough people to kill once, and the most retarded thing is that he won't drop quest item for 5 people so would need to kill it again and again which would be like 1-2 hrs for all to complete? oh wait, there's another retarded thing, you need this Bait to summon him - but wait...

how exactly do you get this bait? oh yes, you start from 1st town teleporting randomly hoping you reach Kotaravva in less than an hour then you get the quest then what's next? yes, same thing, spam teleports until you reach hydra which are like a 1 in a 90 chance or 10% chance to get there then after that? oh yes, you speak to the NPC down of hydra area then next...

Yes, You go ALL THE WAY back and repeat this process again and again per day... I suggest you change hydra bait quest, you get Wyverns heart from the NPC in Kotaravva ( who gives the quest ) then deliver it to NPC down hydra, so he turns it to Hydra bait... Seems fair.

and another thing, tell the rest of the Russian developers to listen to us and observe us ( EU, US and VN people )

cause apparently we aren't like 300 people per faction spamming portals to Hydra, how do you expect us to gather 3 parties, randomly, to hydra and not just that, each one of us will need a bait too  :facepalm: 

Atleast reduce Hydra's hp to 50-80k in non Russian servers, or for god's sake just combine EU US and VN server..

or make him drop a or more lv 18 item/s 100% per kill, so then people would have a reason to stay there and help other parties burn down 2 mil hp in a given time...

Actually the best thing you can do is re-roll to old patch before maintenance and just fix the BUGS ( invis portal, polished belt, etc ) it was good as it was, Kotaravva and rest of places where you can access through Small Ravva teleporter quest area for lv 18 items ( it was already tough cause there was no respawn statue and some quests need to turn in at main town )

or either make a teleporter to Kotaravva and Hydra...

This won't earn you guys good income, people will give up cause what you guys are doing is just wasting our time.

You still could get "top" items.

Thank god for that, " Best " thing of this maintenance patch...  :facepalm:

No, they aren't the same, all Quests except Captives and Hydra give only lv 17-18 items..

1 of the quests i finished was indeed Captives, but the other wasn't the Hydra. I thought it was the Shaman-quest.

1 of the quests i finished was indeed Captives, but the other wasn't the Hydra. I thought it was the Shaman-quest.

oh yeah, forgot that one.. Captured Shaman too a.k.a. suicide quest

U see, SKadii, Many ppl complained about easy way to  get items, now after patch many ppl complaining abot hard way to get items. PPL newer know what they really want :facepalm: We must all decide what we want, chalenge or easy items..  :) ?

2 times a day (if you get in kotavara) the chance for a top-item is very nice, i think. But doing other quests isn't the scrolls worth it, in my oppinion.

Lvl 18 gear just get from qs with reward 18 exp

U see, SKadii, Many ppl complained about easy way to  get items, now after patch many ppl complaining abot hard way to get items. PPL newer know what they really want :facepalm: We must all decide what we want, chalenge or easy items..  :) ?

I don't got a problem with this patch, just the fact that Hydra needs 3 parties to kill it is hard.

Items where never hard to get, we hunted Khazh-maar with 4-10 people easy each week, not so hard.

We can spend just as much time as questing with hunting Bosses.

and items where never easy to get since it was like a 80% chance to get crystal/rune/scroll/pot, nope wasn't random, See Mecha's post in a certain topic, his theory was right, we get items randomly which isn't so easy.

I just hope they make this game fun, not a waste of time spamming teleports to 1 location out of 90...

• Developer

If you would like to receive top items (such as lvl18 weapons and items) you should complete quests in Small Ravva.

For other items - feel free to complete every other quest (now reward distributing system is slightly different compare to old one).

Swamps - just another option to receive items instead of 24/7 boss farm. We do appreciate your efforts on getting items in Astral Labyrinth and we would like to make difficulty of getting top weaps and items pretty equal to Labby. However, It's is still comfortable for 13+ lvl players who would like to questing normally.

Unfortunately, every time will be people who don't like everything, especially new features in game. We are sorry that we teased you with that marvelous drops but we had to change the system due to different quests' levels of complexity. We gladly hope that you are still having fun and adding Swamps was like a fresh breath of wind to that labby-getting-items-system.

Sorry for inconvenience and have fun!

Play nice, be cool!

atleast make a easy way to get kotoravva today i tried to get there for 6 hours(maybe 7 hrs) but i didnt get there alwayd i walked around tellus maps and one of my char is at hydra and we tried to kill it with 10 ppl but some of them were noob and thy didnt touched boss at last 15k hp of it our time is up. raise it's hp to 1million 2million is soo high :bad: :bad: :bad:

• Developer

atleast make a easy way to get kotoravva today i tried to get there for 6 hours(maybe 7 hrs) but i didnt get there alwayd i walked around tellus maps and one of my char is at hydra and we tried to kill it with 10 ppl but some of them were noob and thy didnt touched boss at last 15k hp of it our time is up. raise it's hp to 1million 2million is soo high :bad: :bad: :bad:

Feel free to choose between lab and swamps, you still could go to farm, for example.

If you would like to receive top items (such as lvl18 weapons and items) you should complete quests in Small Ravva.

Snorlax, You do know that all quest other than Captives, Captured shaman and Hydra quests in small Ravva don't give 18 items?

They give either lv 12 grey item, lv 13 purple item, lv 15 bg item, lv 15 blue item or Crystal/rune/pot/scroll...

Isle of lost Soul, Ravva kisses, Buried alive, Diderich greedy silver, etc gives ^ those ^ items.

• Developer

Snorlax, You do know that all quest other than Captives, Captured shaman and Hydra quests in small Ravva don't give 18 items?

If you didn't receive items for the few times that doesn't mean that you couldn't receive it.

Items are there.

If you didn't receive items for the few times that doesn't mean that you couldn't receive it.

Items are there.

so you mean they are mixed now?  :wacko:

• Developer

mixed? I think not,done all kotaravva quest today except hydra,all i got only rune and scroll

2 quests, ok. That's funny :)

I get the reason behind random teleports (even tho I dont like it)

if they made this island with crossings, instead of random teleports, it would be entirely too easy for lab farmers to breeze thru this island. I guess separating and dividing us, and random warps, and practically making us work with random ppl, is their way of making this island challenging compared to lab

I truly, truly hope the next island isnt like this. I hope its balanced for lv20s instead of finding "balance" for lv 14-20 using the random system

but I must say, even healers get frustrated running around dying 40 times before reaching a quest area. I can only imagine how other classes feel. And after finally reaching small ravva, if you happen to die because you spawn next to a pve deathtrap, or get killed by homosexual members of the opposing faction.. then back to big ravva you go... so frustrating.

And farming at lab is barely woth it waiting 10mins to respawn each time. And after hrs and hrs of farming still get nothing but spheres.

i just hope next island brings us back to the feeling we had when we first started playing.

This island tests on ur luck instead of skill. I havent been this frustrated with a video game since playing a dice-rolling board videogame -_-

just when we think we are getting the hang of these swamps.. new patch blindsides us.

Snorlax, at least make the chances of getting to small ravva higher. Seriously searching for 4hours or more is completely crazy just to get to where you need to be. Running around all day just to find this area is the worst part of this patch. Please for the love of this game give us an easier way to get to the small side of the swamp. It was already hard to get there before but now its nearly impossible and don't tell me to go farm. I want to quest and enjoy doing so.

Snorlax, at least make the chances of getting to small ravva higher. Seriously searching for 4hours or more is completely crazy just to get to where you need to be. Running around all day just to find this area is the worst part of this patch. Please for the love of this game give us an easier way to get to the small side of the swamp. It was already hard to get there before but now its nearly impossible and don't tell me to go farm. I want to quest and enjoy doing so.

Your not allowed to quest, not after u sucker punched me in small ravva. Goodluck if you see me again, your already on ignore traitor

WOW thanks snorlax, thankyou developers, thankyou so much for understanding and listening to YOUR customers.

firstly, i'd like to tell you that us sapphire/EU- emerald and VN server cannot be COMPARED to RU- amber. It sure is amazing to change the complexity level of the norlant marshes. but PLEASE, im not the only one who've been saying this, PLEASE LISTEN TO US! WE are not as many as ru amber, WE are FEW, i've NEVER EVER (since v.0.7-3.1) seen a developer playing on our servers and test them properly. For GODS sake, stop comparing RU- amber to our servers :facepalm:

Secondly, HYDRA IS IMPOSSIBLE IN OUR servers now, i appreciate that u guys changed the complexity level, but with a certain timer (and 2m hp) makes it just IMPOSSIBLE. Please, for the sake of our enjoyment. Make a few changes to us, eu and VN. (more time, less hp, complexity level that we could handle etc.) or atleast, instead of having 3 unpopulated few servers, why not put in all the 3 servers (EU,US,VN) in one?

Making us, eu and vn servers is just too early developers (Yeah, easier said than done), we are too few to handle these new changes in- game.  we're not RU amber players with 20 players per area. why can't you just for gods sake listen to our community once? NOTHING lasts forever, its only a matter of time before players are so pissed that they decide to leave game, never to return. (which is not good for aigrind) IF you want to compare us to RU, make our servers "one". only then, will we be able to handle these "small" and "enjoyable" changes in-game :facepalm:

oh, and psst. this is what u guys wanted wasnt it?, you guys complained about how easy it was to get lvl 18 items, and how easy quests were. and now, u guys complain about how hard it is to get lvl 18 items, and how hard quests are? :facepalm:  JEEZ, THINK twice before complaining. Because it might change our in-game experience for ever :bomb:

those who were complaining were the ones with full lv18 equips.

they worried that those who cant farm lab all day because they have work and a life would become as strong. My best reward so far was bg fury gloves. But I guess its a good thing because some players dont like strong "noobs"

I guess no one likes "strong noobs" killing the opposite faction 24/7 as their daily routine (which wont earn them any respect at all, but rather hatred in both friendly and enemy factions) However, the ones that worked hard for lvl 18 equips werent the only one complaining. I saw alot of newbies before and after they got their lvl 18 gears ;)  People are greedy, people wants to be more powerful than others, noone can deny it, because that's a fact, everyone wants to have advantage over their foes. Back to my point, i saw alot of "newbies" crying to get lvl 18 items from rewards cause they "really" needed it. Oh sure, and after they got what they wanted? Lol ofcourse they had to complain to developers telling them to shutdown that lvl 18 item quest reward thing. ofcourse they had to complain the moment they got their stuff :nea:

Your not allowed to quest, not after u sucker punched me in small ravva. Goodluck if you see me again, your already on ignore traitor

Ya and you "sucker punched" my barb when I was runnin around minding my own business and don't feed me any "I didn't know who your barb was" crap either because you used to pvp it. Eye for an eye "traitor"  :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...