Defense -> % of Dmg Reduction

Eleriath

Hi everyone, For testing propuse I'd like you tu put your defense and % of dmg reduction.

Thanks!

I want to see how much % is possible to be reduced, max possible % of reduction, and the relation between this 2 stats.

i have 2650 def and 28,9% reduction  :crazy:

2658 - 2650 = 8

29-28.9 = 0.1

then 8 def = 0.1%  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

but does it give different between different classes? maybe 8 def = 0.1% for ranger and 0.15% for bd/barb. is it possible ? or equal ?  :crazy:

2658 - 2650 = 8

29-28.9 = 0.1

then 8 def = 0.1%  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

but does it give different between different classes? maybe 8 def = 0.1% for ranger and 0.15% for bd/barb. is it possible ? or equal ?  :crazy:

I think its equal in the term of % but its different damage reduction i believe.

The chain type reduce more damage than leather type but I don't have any idea what the difference amount exactly.

Try make a ranger and bd with similar def value and try to take damage from strong monster so you can notice the damage reduction.

Def relations isnt a linear equation - stated above 500def = 7%, but 5000def isnt 70%. So you cant compare to stats and think that the diffrence 8def = 0.1% cause thats only for that diffrence in that specific range of our equation. To do the same with 2 diffrent values isnt going to give the same result. All I can safetly tell you is that the equation is of power 2 (2nd degree) or higher.

Also type of armor - cloth, leather, mail. Might have their own equation (i hope so, it would make sense and for balance).

1% ressiliance reduce how much dmg?

Tnks everyone, i will take into account your info and try to figure it out. Also Bloody i will take that into account. I thought it wasn't linear just by using the rule of third simple (Sry, this is the traduction for spainsh to english for this method).

I want to check if there's a fixed variable for:

1.- Equip type: Mage, Light and Heavy Armor

2.- Job Type: Mage classes, Range classes, Thief classes and Fighter classes.

About reslience, in my beliefe, 1% of Reslience would be equal to 100-250 def around. I have to check that once i have this forumula, This only apply to humans. So for PVP or Wars or whateaver involves killing an elf, resilence is your best friend.

Sum resilence % to damage reduction % and that would be your total reduction against Humans.

I will keep this thread updated.

Back to work :)

Regards.-

Thnks for your answers to all!

I think its equal in the term of % but its different damage reduction i believe.

The chain type reduce more damage than leather type but I don't have any idea what the difference amount exactly.

Try make a ranger and bd with similar def value and try to take damage from strong monster so you can notice the damage reduction.

i will try

Ok, i have a temp formula, but i dont like it.

I need to know if anyone have more than 4k def, the % 5k def, the % and finally, 6k def, the %.

Tnks, with those values i will confirm ifits ok or not.

So far, there wouldnt be a modifier for class or type, or at least not in the formula calc. Because if def =0, then the % of red is 0

However, if theres an IF in the code that says IF CHAR = BARB THEN DEF=DEF*0.000059234blablablabla ok, i can't take that into account xD

Regards.

For my dk 1600 def gives pretty much 20%, but this formula calculates it to 9.5%. I know its not a barb but my dk wears full chain mail.

I dont think a formula with only a constant will do it. My guess is that its a equation of the 2nd degree and that would force you to have atleast one variable in power 2, like this x^2. With a constant I think all you can do is try to line up a linear equation as close to the real equation you can aslong as you can accept the inaccuracy. Which should be most inaccurate somewhere in the middle of the equations range - so probably between 35%-65% of ingame dmg reduction your linear constant equation be most off, compared to the true equation.

The more curved the diagram of the 2nd degree equation is the more inaccurate a linear estimate will be.

+10 heavy armor has around 3x def (330 - 870 )

+10 light armor has around 2,5x def (210 - 500 )

+10 cloth armor has around 2x def (150 - 330)

*not sure with some numbers

maybe its useful info ;D

Bloody, this is the formula i'm working on is 2nd degree as u said:

Used a Ecuation System to solve it (sry, i dont know mathematicals terms in english)

Y = (-0.0000011974751) X^2 + (0.0140933477394737) X

Table

Red = Reduction

DEF   %Red in GAME %Red of Formula  Diference between %

462   6.6% 6.25% 0.344467214

485 6.9% 6.55% 0.346402421

947 12.7% 12.27% 0.427506115

1325 16.9% 16.57% 0.328631423

1802 21.7% 21.50% 0.192233225

2002 23.5% 23.41% 0.084602714

2176 25% 24.99% 0.002891057

2437 27.2% 27.23% -0.033721096

At first look it seems ugly but here is the table, it's not 100% accurate, but gives an estimate %. I feel im missing something, because as you can see the first part is negative, thus gives a downside parabol, meaning that exists a cap of reduction (Wich i belive is impposbile, ergo my formula is wrong). The cap would be around 5884 def. Thats why i wanted to know if someone have more than this def. The reduction for 5884 def is 41.4% estimated.

This is all i have so far, i keep believing that my formula is wrong, but i'm sharing it to see if someone sees the error.

I will keep looking for other modifiers.

Tnks.-

some time ago i thought of the same job to do, but didn't find time for this.

You also may try using exponent function. To make it tending to some cap, you'll need to use equation of а kind k*(1-e^(-x)), where k is the cap.

Such equations are used for description of processes in electric circuits and they fit the needed form

Ok, good news and bad news:

Good news:

* There's no limit cap on % of reduction, so my formula, that seemed to fit a little it's wrong.

I've asked several people in game to know their def and using my formula i was able to calculate mostly all of the % of reduction, until i asked Supermaman (Wich i have to thanks a lot for this info), he have 6213k def, and 54% of reduction. So with this new info i can continue finding the formula.

Tnks Sech, i think the exponential function will solve this problem. I will work on that one.

*Bad news:

My formula was wrong :)

@458_Italia, Resilence reduce critical dmg , other thing i can't remember right now and most important dmg from other players. This means, as far as I understands that this % of resilence is reduced from their dmg.

Ex:

Me 15%Dmg reduction + 10% Resilence

Enemy 100atk base + 10%Dmg penetration

He attaks me for 100 base dmg

With my def and res i will recieve 25%less of dmg, meaning 75points of dmg.

With his 10% Dmg penetration i will recieve 85 points of dmg.

Conclusion, ONLY for PVP %dmg reduction and resilence are sum, this will give you your total reduction against attaks. I have to confirm if resilence work with magic too, but for physical attaks definitly you have to sum them.

Dmg penetration is substracted for for total % of def.

This is a theory, i will test all of this once i have my arena equipment :) Sry guys , i'm lvl 14 and this is my only char.

I will keep working on the exponential function and see how it goes.

Regards.-

Ok, good news and bad news:

Good news:

* There's no limit cap on % of reduction, so my formula, that seemed to fit a little it's wrong.

I've asked several people in game to know their def and using my formula i was able to calculate mostly all of the % of reduction, until i asked Supermaman (Wich i have to thanks a lot for this info), he have 6213k def, and 54% of reduction. So with this new info i can continue finding the formula.

Tnks Sech, i think the exponential function will solve this problem. I will work on that one.

*Bad news:

My formula was wrong :)

@458_Italia, Resilence reduce critical dmg , other thing i can't remember right now and most important dmg from other players. This means, as far as I understands that this % of resilence is reduced from their dmg.

Ex:

Me 15%Dmg reduction + 10% Resilence

Enemy 100atk base + 10%Dmg penetration

He attaks me for 100 base dmg

With my def and res i will recieve 25%less of dmg, meaning 75points of dmg.

With his 10% Dmg penetration i will recieve 85 points of dmg.

Conclusion, ONLY for PVP %dmg reduction and resilence are sum, this will give you your total reduction against attaks. I have to confirm if resilence work with magic too, but for physical attaks definitly you have to sum them.

Dmg penetration is substracted for for total % of def.

This is a theory, i will test all of this once i have my arena equipment :) Sry guys , i'm lvl 14 and this is my only char.

I will keep working on the exponential function and see how it goes.

Regards.-

Great, keep that going!! :friends:

I definitely like that guy :)

Resilence decreases:

1)chanse of enemies crit

2)damage of enemies crit

3)enemies simple damage

(enemy is the human player, not mob)

Things to know about resilence:

1)it acts both on physical and magic attack types

2)it CAN NOT be ignored by penetration

[example: you have 5% p.def, 10% res; enemy has 12% pen. He'll completely ignore p.def, but your res still will reduce 10% of his basic dmg]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...