Paladin Build Against Damager Classes

Olympian

So ive been wondering if Paladins can withstand damager classes like Rogues,Rangers and especially Blade Dancers at LVL 28.I have seen paladins fight against Rogues,Rangers and Blade Dancers and easily get dropped by them.The ratios of Paladins winning to damagers like BD is about 7:3 which is pretty bad.Here I want to discuss about a Paladin with arena gear,1h arena mace and arena shield what build is best and is it possible to withstand damagers after thier first combo (Usually paladins even with tank build die from first combo of a BD for example.)I believe that this is the best skill build for a tank paladin...

Skill Build:

Purifying- 5/5

Fetter of Justice- 5/5

Heavenly Light- 3/5

Repellant Strike- 4/4

Paladins Prayer- 4/4

Gear:

Cape:Contenders Cloak

Medallion:Contenders Medallion

Rings: Rings of greatness 

Helment,Torso,feet,and hand all from arena.

Weapons:

1h mace physical damage and 2 slots with ferocity.(1h Arena mace)

Shield with 2 slots of ferocity.(Arena shield)

http://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/92089

I believe this would be best to withstand and possibly beat Damagers especially BD because it is the most hardest class to beat for paladin at lvl28.This is not only for damagers but overall for 1v1 pvping.

Edited by Radgod

It wasn't my best performance against Bladedancers there. :biggrin: Mainly because Coldblade was very good at dodging and i wasn't using the best build against bladedancers in 1v1 or against any melee.

That would be 4 Sacred Shield and 4 Harads Prayer. In the vid I'm assuming I had 3 Banner 3 Prayer and 3 Strike, which is just better against healers and maybe damagers but weaker against tanks. Actually 4 shield and 4 prayer is better against rogues and rangers.

But in general I think 4 sacred shield and 4 prayer is probably the best build overall, in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, 1v1s except vs healers, and tanking solo in PvE. Of course it has its downs in some Arena and 1v1 situations especially against healers, because you don't deal as much damage and can't buff allies damage a lot with banner, and maybe in 5v5, but I didn't test it yet in 5v5 so can't say for sure.

Another good combo against bladedancers is max banner and shield strike. you'd be able to 1 combo them if you are strong enough, but its a bit risky, especially against full resilience and high dodge bds, also you'd have to always get the starting combo which is not always the case.

Edited by Gladiator

Yes but idk about the sacred shield,it is kind of weak because it just takes in pure damage and doesn't count your def.If I'm talking about the right shield.Btw how much health does Paladins prayer 4/4 heal you when your about 6.1k health?

Edited by Radgod

Also you weren't +10 equipment while most of his equipment was.And I have another question...for arena gear do I go for crit,penetration, or accuracy?

I have 31% crit,18% penetration and 15% accuracy I believe.

3 minutes ago, Radgod said:

Also you weren't +10 equipment while most of his equipment was.And I have another question...for arena gear do I go for crit,penetration, or accuracy?

I have 31% crit,18% penetration and 15% accuracy I believe.

Generally, very few people use dodge built. Mainly Rogues and some Blade Dancers, really not many though. So having a lot of accuracy isn't always that important. Crit is good but 31% is basically of no use since pvp players have so much resilience that it zeros your crit. It would make sense if you had 40%+. Penetration is always of use because it works every time, except when your opponents dodge/parry/block😇

Logically, this is the best way. Though, try to figure out which stats you like the most. As for myself (Blade Dancer), I focused on crit and accuracy because it makes me angry when I get dodged 😄

10 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Generally, very few people use dodge built. Mainly Rogues and some Blade Dancers, really not many though. So having a lot of accuracy isn't always that important. Crit is good but 31% is basically of no use since pvp players have so much resilience that it zeros your crit. It would make sense if you had 40%+. Penetration is always of use because it works every time, except when your opponents dodge/parry/block😇

Logically, this is the best way. Though, try to figure out which stats you like the most. As for myself (Blade Dancer), I focused on crit and accuracy because it makes me angry when I get dodged 😄

Haha same,but I believe for a paladin with arena gear you cant get over 40% crit and same goes with greatness gear 😓😢.But you will have alot of ferocity,resilience,mana and mana regen.