ANDROID Screenshot apps

Mecha

Hello mobile warspear players.

I am trying to find a way to take screenshots on my new phone.

Its a Huawei ascend 2 (american phone).

the one I had before this was the Huawei Ascend, and I had an app on it that let me take screenshots without rooting my phone.

I have tried to find a similar app for this phone. But they all require root access, or must connect phone to laptop to enable screenshots by running a .bat file, and must do this each time I restart my phone...

I cant even get those apps to work, even the 1 I purchased...

so I decide to root.

downloaded the zip file, did all the steps..

Unsuccessful. I tried to root a different method, same.

come to find out, cant root after recent firmware update.

can anyone help? Can I/should I downgrade my phone for root access?

or is there any other way I can take screenshots on this phone?

I wanna take screenshots but I play on mobile 99.99999999999%

Yea I already have that one

thats the one that works on my old phone without root.

i purchased the full version too to try on this phone,

but I get an error message when doing the pc side setup

I know its not easy way but root your phone (i used superoneclick root) and install the mother of all custom roms:

CyanogenMod 7.2/9 or 10.I'm sure you'll find an unofficial Rom on xda devs side :))

i also need  :bad:  with no root if its possible .....

try the apps they posted above.

a couple of them work on SOME non rooted phones

if you are lucky, it will work on your phone .

Im still trying to find a way..

what phone and operating system you have?

I have been digging in this mess too and I really wanted a screen shoot app for my sony ericsson x10 mini pro, OS android. But all software compadible ive found needs rooting and I dont feel like im comfortable trying to root it. Id love a non-root software. Great post.

If your Android version is Gingerbread or lower I think its impossible to do screenshots without rooting it. ICS and JB have built in screenshot feature (volume up + power button on most of phones). You might want to try flashing 3rd party roms (like CyanogenMod or MIUI), those have Screenshot feaure in Gingerbread roms. But that requires rooting as well.

My Xperia runs on Android 2.1 and according to sony ericsson its the final firmware patch for my model (no more updates). So is it possible to update to other android patches like newer xperia mini phones patches, cause im pretty sure they run on newer patches then me? And how messed up would things get if I tried putting in a OS compatible with a more advanced xperia? Any clue?

Hmm Type Screenshot UX on the playstore and download the trail one. Your phone might not need to be rooted in order for it to work.

If it works and you like it then buy the full version  ;D  O:-)

Hmm Type Screenshot UX on the playstore and download the trail one. Your phone might not need to be rooted in order for it to work.

If it works and you like it then buy the full version  ;D  O:-)

I have tried that one, I think I must have tried every screenshot app on the app store.

they either require root, or connect to pc, or only support few unrooted devices.

for the moment, if I want to take screenshots, Im gonna have to log in my laptop (hope I dont get tether-block again) or login on my old phone.

thanks all for your help, if I find a definite solution I will post it here.

After i updated my phone (Xperia Arc S) to android 4.0 I can make ss by pushing power button and buuton to lower volume together at the same time, and it works :good:

yes, today, while I still searched, I read somewhere that each android phone has that or a similar feature, but then someone else said its only for certain phones.

http://www.knowyourcell.com/huawei/huawei-ascend/ascend-guides/698034/how_to_take_screenshots_on_the_huawei_ascend.html

this page shows a method, which looks possible. but its for the old version of my phone. gonna see later if it works on this phone, theres a lot of steps to it tho.

search the site for your phone model, see if you find something useful ;)

i  found how  to take pictures on my phone without root or any single application and searched on google and appeared its simply only need touch home button and red button LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL lets go put photos xD

http://www.knowyourcell.com/huawei/huawei-ascend/ascend-guides/698034/how_to_take_screenshots_on_the_huawei_ascend.html

this page shows a method, which looks possible. but its for the old version of my phone. gonna see later if it works on this phone, theres a lot of steps to it tho.

search the site for your phone model, see if you find something useful ;)

this site looks great, ill be reading up on my model, thx :D

my model dont appared in this website but  i searched in google how to make screen in my htc chachacha here says xD http://droidlessons.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-the-htc-chach-free-no-app-required-2/ yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

my model dont appared in this website but  i searched in google how to make screen in my htc chachacha here says xD http://droidlessons.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-the-htc-chach-free-no-app-required-2/ yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

ok thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally enabled screenshots on my phone. had to install .net framework on my laptop, then enabled screenshots thru this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfullnoroot&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dno+root+screen+shot

• 2 months later...

Guys, to root your phone you have to do it through a program called SuperOneClick... It worked for me, now im taking screenshots and videos like its nothing

You don't need any exterior programs. Just download package, enter boot console, apply update and done!