[2019.04.30] Best Minion Contest - 2019

Akasha

18246168.910000008_poke_knight_1200x630.png

Warriors!

In the post "In Development", we lifted to you the veil of secrecy over the V sector of Ayvondil. Underwater adventure won't be easy, but for solo travelers this task will be almost overwhelming! For those who didn't have time to make fellow warriors, the solution can be a faithful servant who is ready to follow his master to the uttermost dangerous depths of the underwater world.

“I ventured out into the domains of Tritons and Frogles, diving all the way into the never-ending abyss underwater - where my mind I almost lost, dancing to the chords echoing from sunken ships, in contrast to the mumbled prayers of wrecked souls in the violent swing of deep sea currents, doomed to eternal illusion and hazard..

Until a lucent skinned creature of unique structure and extreme intellect, rescued me from the phantom deadly serenade. Time after time, my encounters with underwater dwellers, became a journey of discovery and generous learning about existence beneath the surface. A whole world of unique creatures, possessors of abilities and might yet unseen.

The time I feared has come, when our races alone can no longer protect this world from the evil drawing nearer. But with the help of those creatures, you could find the way to the Artifact. And the power needed to fight the dangers lies within them..”

We present to your attention - the "Best Minion Contest - 2019"!

Don't miss the chance to show your creative abilities in drawing, writing exciting descriptions and even developing new abilities. Contribute to the development of the project and get a great reward! Perhaps your creation will become a welcome assistant for many seekers of underwater treasures.

How to participate?

- Create a topic in this section of the forum with a title in the format "Name of the minion";

- Invent and draw only one minion in the subject of the underwater world (just a front view is enough, but you can add the rest);

- Write the story of the appearance of this minion;

- Indicate the abilities your minion will have and describe it (you can use existing mechanics or you can come up with something completely new);

- Don`t forget to specify the nickname of your character and game server;

- Wait for the results.

Recommendations and instructions:

- Approximate sizes: height: 50 pixels, width: 30  (keep to these sizes so that it will be easier for us to work with your creation);

- Be sure to specify the type of minion, there are 3 types: Tank (takes damage), Heal (restores player health), DD (deals a large amount of damage);

- The maximum number of abilities of a minion - 4 (try to approach this creatively, let the abilities be new and interesting).

It’s forbidden to:

• Make a full copy of existing superhero, cinema and game heroes.
  • Use other’s and downloaded from the Internet artworks.

Meeting these rules and recommendations helps you to become closer to the victory and motivates us to release your minion with a minimum set of their own edits!

We will evaluate

• Quality of minion and description
  • Compliance with the subject of the underwater sector
  • Possibility to add the proposed skills to the game            
  • Originality

What are the prizes?

• 1st place: 12 000 Miracle Coins + adding the minion to the game and presenting it to the winner
  • 2nd place: 9 000 Miracle Coins
  • 3rd place: 7 000 Miracle Coins

Audience Choice Award: 5000 Miracle Coins. There will also be encouraging prizes up to the decision of the jury.

When to participate and receive prizes?

We are accepting artworks from 30.04.2019 till 26.05.2019, inclusively. 
From May 27 till May 30 you can vote for the best work on our Facebook page and based on your choice we will define the winner of Audience Choice Award. We will announce the winners of the contest and give prizes on 31.05.2019!

Friends, remember that we reserve the right to make changes to the winner’s competitive work (especially the abilities) in order to adapt the minion to our game world.

Time to unleash your creativity!

Edited by Akasha

27 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Recommendations and instructions:

- Approximate sizes: height: 50 pixels, width: 30  (keep to these sizes so that it will be easier for us to work with your creation);

Hand-draw works ain't going to be accepted?

2 minutes ago, Reivenorik said:

It’s better to draw in pixels right away, but of course you can also do it on a paper

It was meant for those ones who, like me, have got horrible skills (and that's a compliment on my own case) on pixel drawing, as well as no experience at all. :crying1:

14 hours ago, Higgings said:

It was meant for those ones who, like me, have got horrible skills (and that's a compliment on my own case) on pixel drawing, as well as no experience at all. 

Nah, make a nice drawing and at least try to covert in pixels (provide the pixel art - front model, even if its not the final version), If your idea is really good, this shouldn't stop you from winning. In addition, we have talented people here, who can give you a hand. And I think all arts from contests are always modified by the artists anyway.

Edited by Akasha

7 minutes ago, Zurp said:

So, I suppose I can't make little leviathan follow me everywhere?:pleased:

We will evaluate

• Originality

:sad:I'm afraid it wouldn't fit these requirements, I'm sorry

Edited by Akasha

58 minutes ago, Akasha said:

We will evaluate

• Originality

:sad:I'm afraid it wouldn't fit these requirements, I'm sorry

Manda o link desse concurso no fórum br

4 hours ago, icewhite said:

Good evening, where can I publish my artwork to participate in the event?😢

Here 

Good luck! 

8 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

are we restricted  to one minion design or can we make more than one post?

One contestant - one post

On 5/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, Psyborg said:

So instead of height: 50 pixels, width: 30 , can we use height: 30 pixels, width: 50 ?

no 😥

On 4/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, NoobPvP said:

Manda o link desse concurso no fórum br

Eu vou traduzir assim que possivel, aguenta aí. = )

On 5/1/2019 at 4:25 AM, MasterBR said:

the Lacaios will finally become permanent or would it have the certain time as it already is?

You're free to suggest a permanent minion.. as you're free to suggest anything really, but I haven't heard any rumors like that coming from our development department. 

Edited by Akasha
annoying emojis

If I'm giving the minion skills that are completely new, can I suggest numbers for the skills, like how powerful and how much cooldown they would have and such, just to give an idea of the concept?

Edited by Gladiator

14 hours ago, Gladiator said:

If I'm giving the minion skills that are completely new, can I suggest numbers for the skills, like how powerful and how much cooldown they would have and such, just to give an idea of the concept?

This is how I did on my own skill set

On 5/12/2019 at 4:59 AM, Gladiator said:

Sure!

Are we able to make further changes of the artwork/description during the contest until 26 May? :surprised1:

Edited by Kazakus

4 minutes ago, Kazakus said:

Are we able to make further changes of the artwork/description during the contest until 26 May? :surprised1:

Sure! 🙂

One more thing, Is 30x50 size really needed or we can choose whatever we want? But with a limit, with similar warspear pixels for sure :all_the_things_sad1:

40 minutes ago, Kazakus said:

One more thing, Is 30x50 size really needed or we can choose whatever we want? But with a limit, with similar warspear pixels for sure :all_the_things_sad1:

Respecting sizes of an artwork is a rule of the contest itself, thus, respecting it will grant you more chances for your work to win a prize. Try as much as possible to respect the given instructions :youre_the_man1: