Death Knight stun is busted

comehere

It is strangly short, at lv4 I stun for about 1,5sec. The only good thing about it is short cooldown, but as a skill its better for extra dmg then stun. Dissapointed.

already deathknights have 2 skill to stun enemie whatever you want

tendrils has a 30 second cooldown, and only traps the enemy for a very short time.

it sucks, 30 second cooldown to counter kiting skills like blind, earthquake, roots, circle, fear, scatter,  with all having a short cooldown, 12-20 seconds, is a joke..

already deathknights have 2 skill to stun enemie whatever you want

what i want is a balanced game with skills that function as described. there is a big difference between 1.5 seconds and 4 seconds.

better stun rogue+bd :yahoo: :yahoo:

rouges gouge is not a stun, its a means to disable an enmie aggressor.. fails, but has higher success rate then DK.

bladedancers hamstring works as described and holds 3 seconds and within several seconds your stunning your target again.

The conclution is Elfs always better.

Hamstring is best damage stun with very short cooldown. I saw many rogues lose 1v1 vs BD in pvp cave, how come? BD with very high def using SAP and hamstring, rogue's atk 290 becomes 185  dmg while BD atk with 280 + 130 dmg hamstring. Really stupid joke!

Very short its not. Shorter than before update, yes. But stun duration is VERY  short. I prefer old hamstring, which did not do damage, but did last much more.

• Developer

Stun in this skill works correctly. Stun is short with small cooldown just for 1 purpose - not to let victim run after using that skill. It's not a fulltime stun.

Stun in this skill works correctly. Stun is short with small cooldown just for 1 purpose - not to let victim run after using that skill. It's not a fulltime stun.

so the description is just wrong? should fix that its very misleading.  a 10 second cd isn't really small.. but hey im content with the cd.. my complaint and others is the slowness of the skill.. and the duration of witch you have to use... here's a vry common scenario for me...

elf atks, cast stun skill (smoke signal goes up) elf counter with their stun cuz its faster. stun skill failed. or...

elf atks, smoke signal up, elf step back 3 spaces stun fail...

I've said in dk forum that the main problem with the skill is its animation. don't get me wrong, i love the animation, but like I've implied its a smoke signal tjt gives us a disadvantage.  the it the opponent should receive the animation. fix this and i and many others would be happy

Snorlax can you explain why if you use two skills at the same time with stun first, it throws off the flow of normal attacks.

I mean: If I use Stun then Tendrils, my attacks go: 

Normal>Stun>Tendrils>Normal. 

If I was using another class using two skills in the same time period it goes: Normal>Skill>Normal>Skill>Normal

DKs lose an extra normal attack in their attack sequence when they use two skills with stun first. Also there is an extremely long delay from to do a normal attack after Tendrils. 

Thanks for looking into it

Odin the answer is stun skill isn't a skill,atleast it don't act like one... its a buff/spell.. witch is what im saying too fix  :facepalm: by putting the animation on the intended target it will act more like a skill rather then a buff.

the pull works fine a bit tricky but im getting the hang of it. only thing i would like to see with pull is have it disable movement for just one second. im not saying skills just unable too run. but if you make stun a skill instead of a buff, pull would be just fine

Odin the answer is stun skill isn't a skill,atleast it don't act like one... its a buff/spell.. witch is what im saying too fix  :facepalm: by putting the animation on the intended target it will act more like a skill rather then a buff.

the pull works fine a bit tricky but im getting the hang of it. only thing i would like to see with pull is have it disable movement for just one second. im not saying skills just unable too run. but if you make stun a skill instead of a buff, pull would be just fine

Not exactly.  Dodge buff on my rogue doesn't interrupt the normal attack sequence.  I actually think it has to do with the animation taking too long.  It skips a normal attack.

Not exactly.  Dodge buff on my rogue doesn't interrupt the normal attack sequence.  I actually think it has to do with the animation taking too long.  It skips a normal attack.

same with necro heal and shield, sometimes when you use it you do the animation but your friend might still die cause there's like a 1.5 second cast animation  :facepalm:

same with necro heal and shield, sometimes when you use it you do the animation but your friend might still die cause there's like a 1.5 second cast animation  :facepalm:

yea also, since bone shield and ancient seal cause dmg, it causes necro to pause every time they are casted, giving the enemy time to run away

back to dks, their stun is very brief. I think because if  it had longer stun, a smart dk with high atk and dark dmg would be a lil too op

Im not sayin other classes arent op. but I think dk has high potential.

yea also, since bone shield and ancient seal cause dmg, it causes necro to pause every time they are casted, giving the enemy time to run away

back to dks, their stun is very brief. I think because if  it had longer stun, a smart dk with high atk and dark dmg would be a lil too op

Im not sayin other classes arent op. but I think dk has high potential.

Dark damage comes at a cost of 3.4 seconds tht 1.5 sec stun =useless against fast weapons & the dark damage is only  around 200 or so compared to Bd or pala who got longer stuns  good damage !

Well the stun should max out at almost 2 seconds, in theory 2sec stun with 10 sec cd is fine but bc of the animation  and waiting for another normal attack, its more like 2 seconds every 12-14 seconds.

Regardless of the duration I wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't lose dps bc of a skipped normal attack.  :facepalm:

One thing ive been thinking about - compare charge to tendrils/darkness combo.

barbs charge is to me pretty equal to a tendril/dark combo but I still consider charge much stronger pvp.

Charge - 4 skill points to max, best range stunner ingame, good stun time, decent cd, lets barb deal massive burst dmg while your stunned + dot to make an escape harder.

bad sides - cant be used in close combat

Tendrils/dark - pulls target to you, deals extra dmg with stun, works close combat - even after hamstrings/roots/justice if you cast buff while getting stunned.

Bad sides -  8 skill points to max, stuns to short for a slow spear to actually hit before stun is gone, very hard to hold down a target with short stun and long cd on tendrils, slow waiting for normal attack to activate skill.

and another thing - stun doesnt activate when you use psn strike, it has to be a base attack. And rangers blessing get added dmg to all attacks including skills for a duration, dk gets one hit and only on basic swing attack. Idea is good, but its kinda like other skills but just so much worse or harder to use.

The skill Threads of Darkness only suit for one hander DK since the normal attack fast.

The skill duration is about 4 seconds before the buff gone and it can be interrupted before normal attack executed by other skills.

The skill should be fix become one stunning attack (animation + attack in one) when cast like other class otherwise this skill is the worst skill ever

The major problem is THE ANIMATION DELAY which is make it FAIL

another thing.

paladins astral not only heals, but also increases tears damage.

necro takes long to inflict poison, which can be prevented easily if the enemy stuns u before doing the required deathly eye x2 + dmg skill

i know this is dk thread, but still...

another thing.

paladins astral not only heals, but also increases tears damage.

necro takes long to inflict poison, which can be prevented easily if the enemy stuns u before doing the required deathly eye x2 + dmg skill

i know this is dk thread, but still...

Tears? Dont mean purification? Cuz tears priest skill.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear a lot of ppl complain about dks slow activation of skills, animation etc

would it help if you maxed out your atk speed? It makes skill animation faster too :good:

will any high lv dk try maxing out atk spd and trying it out?(armors + jewelry + weapons + ench.s + maybe a scroll?)

I hear a lot of ppl complain about dks slow activation of skills, animation etc

would it help if you maxed out your atk speed? It makes skill animation faster too :good:

will any high lv dk try maxing out atk spd and trying it out?(armors + jewelry + weapons + ench.s + maybe a scroll?)

Animation nothing to do with the stat.

Exhalation of darkness animation should be eliminated and make it just like animation in bless, sap, hamstring, dodge, heal, skin (they are instant animation)

ok, I hear you.

but I think you should look into atk spd and animation closer

from MY experience....

I tested atk spd a while back, with my shaman.

I didnt max out atk spd, but I made it pretty high for shaman

it was slightly faster, animation and all

now, when I was using druid, and did pvp vs shamans... omfg

bees reduced their atk spd to like -(28%)

yes

Negative digits.

And their entire animation was slowed down by bees

the shamans lightning ball moved so slowly towards me... it almost looked like i could out-run it

and when they cast heal, even the sound effect seemed slower...

just try it out  :drinks:

yes, u are right

but Im beginning to think, maybe thats why they let tank classes.choose between.heavy and light armor... choose higher defense or speed . at higher lvls, it might make more of a difference

and I know, bds.and.barbs dont have the same problem.as dk...

maybe dk with max.atk spd is op??