Mage combo

alyanorno

i dont see many high level mages probably cause at lower levels it seems to be a bit harder leveling them that other chosen chars. still, i think mages can be op in pvp at higher levels doing very high dmg in a very short amount of time. if anyone has already tested mage combos please advise me. better to use atack skill then teleport then stun and stones? (i kinda doubt that cause when u stun enemies get scattered away from u so maybe they become out of stones reach and u end up wasting a skill. or use atack skill then teleport then stones then stun? i'd apreciate ur imput on this matter or any other u find relevant for mage pvp :)

If i was a mage  I would make my combo like:

First teleport to opponents,then stun them after stun use

fast the aoe damage skill(stones I think) after this start run

and if u have some distance hit with fireball and start kite

and repeat :)

Ofcourse I can be wrong about this since I dont play mage  :unknw:

If i was a mage  I would make my combo like:

First teleport to opponents,then stun them after stun use

fast the aoe damage skill(stones I think) after this start run

and if u have some distance hit with fireball and start kite

and repeat :)

Ofcourse I can be wrong about this since I dont play mage  :unknw:

Mage stun can not help him. its can not stun skill and stun atk.  :facepalm:  pro shaman and pro warlock can easier killing mage just with blind when they are using teleport skill. Idk more how to become pro mage.  :facepalm: 

i really dont see your point :facepalm: 

never said anything about 2 stuns...

and if you're a fast mage u can use teleport before warlock or shaman blind u.

and after u teleported u have enough time to press the stun skill button and then press stones and kite and repeat :facepalm:

ofcourse a pro player can beat mage if he/she acts fast, but this counts for every class in the game...

Were is the stun button?  :unknw:

If you mean chains... then the opponents will not be next to you anymore and stone shatter won't work. So it's a wrong combination...

:facepalm: damn, wrong combo? Ok, thanks for the good understandable feedback Tsja.

Since this combo is totally wrong and it cant be decently applied in a fight, i have no idea for a good combo...

Maybe just tele to player and then do rock things and after those chain them? This could work but ofcourse other players can do the stun before you when u just did rocks. Wish i could help but i cant see any decent combo  :fool: ...

• 2 weeks later...

Lets look at it this way:

Azuari lvl13 mage. Sun damage:102

Fireball(5) 247 damage, 13 mana, 7 seconds.

Stone Shatter(1) 146. 14 mana, 12 seconds.

Illussionary Chains(2) 3-4 second hold, 15 mana, 14 seconds.

Time Warp(3) 192. 18 mana, 12 seconds.

Sun Armor(1) 4% 20 seconds buff, 30 seconds. 20 mana.

Emerald, pm me for groups!

Ok here are 3 combos that are seen.use chains when seen fit!!!

tw,fb,ss,fb,tw,fb/st. good for starting melee fights, or range characters. to get up close, and deal all spells in this manner once tw is used first. slow delays between skills.

fb,ss,tw,fb,ss/tw. good for attacking melee coming to you. tw away and kite. chain when inbetween ss/tw recharge.

ss,fb,tw,fb,ss,tw. when caught offguard by rogue, hit first and run later, or go tw first. use chains when necassary, i would after ss, to get fb in to teleport away after.

this is a hit and run character :( i would wish for the sun armor to become more useful, possibly add a slowed factor when in range of mage? slows attacks and spells, because if we can warp time, and bind with illussioned chains, our buff should effect space too!

pm me if your my level, i could use a partner. i want to see a level 20 mage build, and i love pvp. if it sucks then its a damn shame :( or maybe will change in later update to be more useful ;)

I can find that this char is under powered but.... there is an advantage and its that if u r a pro player and got enough speed then u will never be caught even if its 2 vs 1 and u got a chance to win  :drinks: .

here what i do at arena and i never lost a fight except when my energy runs out and the opponents didnt die  ;D  .

The most important thing that u must have a plan with ur partner not a random partner

First i do the sun armor u might find it surprising but its good .

Second i TW to the opponents then SS then IC .

Third i choose a target and FB it and kite while my partner stun the other and deal with the one i FB it .

and as i said it always work unless my energy ran out  :dirol:

in the end i hope i have interested u  :give_rose:

i WOULD DO

Fireball

Illusionary Chains

Teleport to them

Then Stone shatters

lol can u tell me how the hell u will chain them then tele???  :shout: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

lol can u tell me how the hell u will chain them then tele???  :shout: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Actually after playing mage. I would go

Teleport to them

Stone shatters

push them away - illusionary chains

Fireball them in their face

• 4 weeks later...
MA[/color]G[/color]E[/color]S [/color]A[/color]R[/color]E [/color]S[/color]T[/color]R[/color]O[/color]N[/color]G! :diablo: :diablo: :diablo:  :drinks:

• 1 month later...

Did you try this mage has a skill that does not allow other player to use skill so use that then teleport to him (causes damage)> stone shatter> fire ball> chains then run and then repeat the same. Coz the opponent cannot use skill so he cannot stunt you and just pose 1 normal attak in that period

dont think mage has such skill lol mage has magic shield, rain, teleport, chains and atack skill. thats it. and chains doesnt stop skills only pushes u far, holds u a bit a makes u drop target.

• 8 months later...

Illusionary Chains hold only enemies, pushing it away from you depending on its level, useful against melee's only not on magic users.

Mage for rogues use Fireball, Timewarp, Illusionary Chains, no stones cos high level chain will make stones miss unless you use stone first than chains..

Mage for Magic users like me uses Fireball, Stoneshatter and Sun Aura, stone shatter works well with level 1 chains..

- Milk

- EU Emerald

Illusionary Chains hold only enemies, pushing it away from you depending on its level, useful against melee's only not on magic users.

Mage for rogues use Fireball, Timewarp, Illusionary Chains, no stones cos high level chain will make stones miss unless you use stone first than chains..

Mage for Magic users like me uses Fireball, Stoneshatter and Sun Aura, stone shatter works well with level 1 chains..

- Milk

- EU Emerald

hi milk ^^ make lvl 5 sun aura :D and get magic defense enchants on gear = op mage versus other magic users (sun aura gives 12% defense at lvl 5 )

my dmg 361 sun

normal hits      361

fireball            557

time warp        558

SS                  436

Total:            1912 dmg  but i tested hits  ONLY on rabbits

my dmg 361 sun

normal hits      361

fireball            557

time warp        558

SS                  436

very few people use sun defense  enchants cause not many good mages out there, so u should be hitting very close to the same damage you do to bunnys  ;D  (you dont give full dmg cause people use resilience and because some classes on mc side have 5% sun defense passive skill i think (like druids have 5% dark defense passive skill)

my dmg 361 sun

normal hits      361

fireball            557

time warp        558

SS                  436

My mage sun damage is 308 only and i can kill Lv18-20 Shaman, Necro and Warlock.. sometimes they use pots too, but probably not like other skilled players out there :rofl:

If my mage can be skilled sometimes, what more with that stats Sucurs:rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

First shoot a fireball.Then teleport to ur enemy.Then use illusory chains to push ur enemy away.Then let some meteors knock ur enemy out.

Tada.

• 8 months later...

This is already pretty old post but i feel like game has changed a lot for mages? With barrier mages now have the important couple more seconds to boom their opponents to pieces. So any pro mages would tell what they do in pvp situations? :)

Edited by ninjamato

well, against casters i just do what is best in the situation.

against melee? 5/5 chains + kit.

Every now and then i lurk around nadir hunting mc slowly learning, i've released that the melees rely on their jump/charge/thread skills too much  :spiteful:  . As soon as soon as they use jump skills they are vulnerable to kitting.

Works 70% of the time:

Fireball > wait for them to react > kit > kit > (They jump) > I chain instantly (pushes them away like 5 yards) > Blazing ground > fireball> frosts bolt> Hit and run for a while > (They jump again) > I chain > repeat. I can kill any dk or rogue if given enough space to kit. Barbs are difficult cuz they have a chance to stun me with charge. Dks are easy cuz most of them don't Death call > Blow of silence > then thread (the death call d.o.t activates the silent debuff instantly, so no chains for me :cray:). Rogues are high damagers, if they catch and stun me its game over, if i don't get the first hit against them (before they go stealth) then i chain as soon as they emerge from stealth, after that they automatically use jump so i gain distance whiles they're still grounded by chains.

- Doesn't usually go as smoothly as i describe, especially against players 6 lvl above u, but I've had a lot of fun victories which make the whole thing worth it :blush: .

If i run out of space to kit i usually use blazing ground on them and whiles they're in the d.o.t i time warp over them to the other side, it fails 99% of the time but its hilarious when it works. That's what i like about the class, its always like playing a game of tag.... against death. :diablo:

Now a days melees with 600+ dmg, its suicide thinking you can stand there and out dmg them.... Unless you're full +10, and even then it would still be difficult to win

yeaa...pleays make op moderatos mage gm.

ty :good:  I have a lvl13 mage for arena but it hasn't been very successful, as i lose about 75% of battles... Is there any tips for fighting against healers by any change :blush:

mages time warp has problem it doesn't work properly when trying to escape I mean with time warp you would think you will just teleport right away but sometimes they attack and attack and you warp after some time

It's due to some lag on the server or you having bad internet connection. Try warping 4 yards away instead of 5 to lower the change of getting attacked before warp

yeah I figured it out that 4 spaces r better than 5 for teleport but I don't have lag except war or when too many players at one area >100-150 and my net connection is always good its just lag in this skill

when you don't get attacked you can tele 5 blocks easily but when being attacked in group like the towers at kota map this skill lags

It's not about frame lag, but server lag. The client and server won't sync so the client sees you one yard further than what you actually are on the server...