MAKE rangers blessing fair!

Darksoul II

do you think that rangers blessing is waay to overpowered?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you think that rangers blessing is waay to overpowered?

• yeah, seriously, rangers are overpowered, their blessing is unfair, balance it!
    • omg no dont change it! im a ranger i dont want u guyz to change it!!! plox :'c
    • rangers are balanced...

BTW kuzmitch is ranger, so kuzmitch will ignore and let it be unbalance forever :(

Well Kuzmitch is not the only Developer, stop acting like a know it all.  :facepalm:

Yea I see your point. They say the chances to do double damage on lv 5 is 40% but idk. My ranger has 5 blessing and the most successful in a row was strong shot + 2 normal and 1 crit in a row which is pretty fun cause you kill the enemy almost instant :wacko:

This is exactly what I'm saying Ice.  It's fun to instant kill something, but it's not fun from the other end.  That is the ONLY situation where Ranger is OP.  My suggestion just removes that situation, and would make Ranger damage more consistent and remove luck from it.  Pro Rangers would frankly like it because it means more damage for them more consistently. 

Let's put real numbers to my suggestion so you can see what I mean:

Current duration is about 10 seconds on blessing for double damage 40% of the time. 

Let's say a ranger hits 350 normal attack, and swings every 2.8 seconds. 

Assuming no crits or dodges because those happen under both forms.

3 attacks in 10 seconds(3x350)+(350x3)x.40 =  1050 damage from normal attack and 420 damage from blessing in (this is an average based on 40% success rate) Over 20 seconds (6 normal attack 3 blessed the total damage in 20 seconds is 2520 just from normal attacks.

My suggestion, let's say 20 second duration, 100% success for 25% extra damage.

Same ranger hitting 350 normal and swings every 2.8 seconds.

Again no crits or dodges.

6 attacks in 20 seconds (6x350)+(6x350x0.25%)= 2100 damage from normal attacks and 525 from blessing .  Over 20 seconds the total damage is 2625 just from normal attacks. 

So 2520 from normal attacks and blessing in 20 seconds in current form.

And 2625 from normal attacks and blessing in 20 seconds in my suggestion.

All my suggestion does is remove the lucky crit instant kill that people complain about, and makes ranger damage slightly higher damage per second and more consistent. 

Odin, your suggestion will strongly affect getting aggro in boss hunting

Dear Devs,

You must read this topic and take the point. The blessing is too fast for killing, you should do something to make blessing isn't like killing machine. Pls look! No class can do damage 325 325 650! 650! In 1 sec, why only ranger???????

in some games elven archers have lethal strike, that leaves target with only 1 hp. Even if this archer had the worst bow, but got lucky with а skill - the enemy is one hp to death.

In all fantasy elven archers are concidered to be the best in bow mastery. This game is fantasy, so why not ranger to be a great dd? Great enough to kill in some seconds.

Odin, your suggestion will strongly affect getting aggro in boss hunting

Not anymore than the current blessing affects agro.  Your comparison to other games archers isn't relevant.  We are talking about warspear. 

You just don't want to give up your random instakill button. You can admit it sech.  It's ok we already knew that. 

whats wrong with your head?,this is forum n everyone is invited,you sure hate ranger's blessing or you always die n having a tough time in arena with 2 rangers?.

you misunderstood. i didn't mean they are not allowed to talk, i meant that they better get more experience before saying what should and shouldn't be removed. and frankly i don't like saber's opinions. seriously. rogue should be changed because he won in arena? that's retarded. i'd like to see him win with the so called "op" rogue vs 2 rangers in high levels.

and i have no problem at all dealing with blessing. it doesn't matter to me if it changes or stays

Listen to me!

Before amplification system released, blessing of ranger is balance, but when releasing new feature "amplification" the blessing becomes very very  and too powerful, especially they amplify their bow to be very high ++

Look at all additional damage extra of all class

Let's compare:

1. BD

Small damage extra of hamstring

2.  Barb

Small DOT of chop

3. druid

Small DOT of insect swarm

4. shaman

Only 1 big shot damage of earthquake

5. Warlock

Small DOT of life leech

6. Necro

Small combo of deadly stare in pvp

7. Ranger

Same damage blessing like normal damage, WTF!!!! Stupid dev creating rangers too overpowered!

BLESSING SHOULD BE DOT (DAMAGE OF TIME) LIKE ANOTHERS SKILL AND SHOULD BE LOWER DAMAGE OF NORMAL. Ex: 350 normal damage, blessing should be 1/4 normal damage at lv1.Please dont make success rate for blessing but make same system DOT like other class. Very hurt looking ranger hitting player just 1 sec. Stupid! Stupid! really stupid ranger!

Why life leech skill not give a double damage like ranger???????????????

duck u! Why only ranger have a double damage, never heard chop, hamstring dmg, bee dmg can kill player in a sec, only blessing can do it. Not fair! Not fair.Then u will give stealth for ranger? nice! Nice! Nice! Why not give triple damage skill for ranger??????????

nice post, sort of true.

you misunderstood. i didn't mean they are not allowed to talk, i meant that they better get more experience before saying what should and shouldn't be removed. and frankly i don't like saber's opinions. seriously. rogue should be changed because he won in arena? that's retarded. i'd like to see him win with the so called "op" rogue vs 2 rangers in high levels.

and i have no problem at all dealing with blessing. it doesn't matter to me if it changes or stays

By the way you are saying that because im inexperience? f*ck u

What's wrong with blessing? It's working as planned.

:P i was right all along.Blessing is Perfect!.It will never be changed :P.The Dev has Spoken Case Closed.

Snorlax, pls change your mind, blessing can kill player in a sec, and you never look at this! Only blessing can do that, while other class skill can't do like blessing that can be instant kill. Your saying about whats wrong with blessing it makes me wanna say that you are so stupid and never test to face ranger in game!!

Snorlax, pls change your mind, blessing can kill player in a sec, and you never look at this! Only blessing can do that, while other class skill can't do like blessing that can be instant kill. Your saying about whats wrong with blessing it makes me wanna say that you are so stupid and never test to face ranger in game!!

What's wrong with blessing? It's working as planned.

even another DOT skills are 100% working but all of that isn't instant killer skill. Blessing damage is too big, especially with high amped. Only ranger can kill me in a sec, i never die in a sec by rich melee even with rich druid, duck ranger destroying the game!

even another DOT skills are 100% working but all of that isn't instant killer skill. Blessing damage is too big, especially with high amped. Only ranger can kill me in a sec, i never die in a sec by rich melee even with rich druid, duck ranger destroying the game!

Hey u what about Arena? A Rogue can kill you even Your a Rogue.By the way its your fault everyone should have dodge 30% or above or nvm admin lock thread!

by the way removing ranger will affect First Born.Do you think you are the only one affected? you doing this to win and kill? THATS WHAT YOU MCS WANT?  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

i just want blessing same with other skill.

Why other class skill getting low extra damage skill? Why Only ranger get big deal damage extra in 1 hit?

Noob develeoper!

Try to test bleesing ranger with +10 bow and test to kill green mob then compare with stealth combo rogue with +10 sword and test noob life leech warlock with +10 staff, the stupid devs will know and its already too late.

I'm very happy the classes have unique skills :) The rogue can stealth! Whooptidoo. The necro prevents a health char from healing! The mage can teleport! Etcetera. Stop comparing skills please. If the skills supposed to be the same the skills wouldn't have a different name. If all chars should have the same skills/benefits there wouldn't be a choice anymore.

I'm very sorry i'm stupid too. It's just what i am... can't change that  :unknw:

• Developer

i just want blessing same with other skill.

Why other class skill getting low extra damage skill? Why Only ranger get big deal damage extra in 1 hit?

Noob develeoper!

Try to test bleesing ranger with +10 bow and test to kill green mob then compare with stealth combo rogue with +10 sword and test noob life leech warlock with +10 staff, the stupid devs will know and its already too late.

Do every ranger have +10 top bow? No. It's working normal with average players.

But unfortunately I must ban you for swearing in different threads and calling devs stupid.

A +10 bow  :rofl:

I already used +20 signs on my staff and it still is +3. But off course i'm noob i'm not spending money (allthough the game is some sponsoring worth it, when i look to the time i spend and the fun i have in warspear :) ).

Do every ranger have +10 top bow? No. It's working normal with average players.

But unfortunately I must ban you for swearing in different threads and calling devs stupid.

Snorlax, while it's working as intended for average players, you have to acknowledge that it isn't balanced for higher amp.  What did you think of my suggestion which would balance it for both high amp and average players?:

Current duration is about 10 seconds on blessing for double damage 40% of the time. 

Let's say a ranger hits 350 normal attack, and swings every 2.8 seconds. 

Assuming no crits or dodges because those happen under both forms.

3 attacks in 10 seconds(3x350)+(350x3)x.40 =  1050 damage from normal attack and 420 damage from blessing in (this is an average based on 40% success rate) Over 20 seconds (6 normal attack 3 blessed the total damage in 20 seconds is 2520 just from normal attacks.

My suggestion, let's say 20 second duration, 100% success for 25% extra damage.

Same ranger hitting 350 normal and swings every 2.8 seconds.

Again no crits or dodges.

6 attacks in 20 seconds (6x350)+(6x350x0.25%)= 2100 damage from normal attacks and 525 from blessing .  Over 20 seconds the total damage is 2625 just from normal attacks. 

So 2520 from normal attacks and blessing in 20 seconds in current form.

And 2625 from normal attacks and blessing in 20 seconds in my suggestion.

All my suggestion does is remove the lucky crit instant kill that people complain about, and makes ranger damage slightly higher damage per second and more consistent.

Many arrogant rich rangers camping and showing off their blessing! I dunno GM love ranger too much! Yes other skills like stun, sleep, invisible and roots but when after using that or when rangers have free to atk, its time for them to atk very quickly, 1 shot blessing, rich shaman died.

• Developer

Many arrogant rich rangers camping and showing off their blessing! I dunno GM love ranger too much! Yes other skills like stun, sleep, invisible and roots but when after using that or when rangers have free to atk, its time for them to atk very quickly, 1 shot blessing, rich shaman died.

1 on 1 PVP is not a good example of anything.

• Developer

Snorlax, while it's working as intended for average players, you have to acknowledge that it isn't balanced for higher amp.  What did you think of my suggestion which would balance it for both high amp and average players?:

We'll check and consider your suggestion.

Hey Snor, lets play the game! I want to invite u to play mountain clan, and sure u will feel hurt when u get killed many times by rangers even u have high amp. U must play the game and join us. Lets see BG condition there, any chance for Mc hunt there? Let me know, when can Mc win the war in BG? When? 1 elf party died then 10+ elf parties coming, hmmm....

Let me know, when can Mc win the war in BG? When? 1 elf party died then 10+ elf parties coming, hmmm....

Sounds the same what's happening at Granite guard and AA, but vice versa :)

Hi, i love ranger blessing with my ranger lvl 10 but if u gonna change i could suggest this:

Skill lvl 1. 100% extra dmg, 20% chance

Skill lvl 2. 90% extra dmg, 25% chance

Skill lvl 3. 80% extra dmg, 30% chance

Skill lvl 4. 70% extra dmg, 35% chance

Skill lvl 5. 60% extra dmg, 45% chance

Only a suggestion, u can test it a lot to see how it works xD

And, i like how it is when i play my ranger xD but sometimes when i meet with my druid 2 ranger on arena... Ohh poor me xD

Lol +10 bow with lv5 blessing is like bow with +20 amplified, no class can compare with blessing skill.

EXACTLY, that's my whole point, a +10 bow with blessing is like a +20 weapon, no other class can deal that amount of damage, its just insanely sick! :bad:

lol the numbers of hits including atks blessing counter and powerful shot

is not 300! 600! 300! 300!  because the last 300 is not included

this 300! 600! 300! is correct because...

A attack is only added by a blessing so it is 2 not 3

Maybe the critical hit doubles to make it 4

MAX IS 4 ATTACKS

If you use the right tactics blessing won't matter for you. For example. A rogue gueges + stealth when a ranger uses blessing. A shaman blinds when a ranger uses blessing. A barb charges when a ranger uses blessing, etc etc. All these things will cause that blessing DON'T affect you. It's easy. But these people crying about blessing don't know how to counter it.

Easier said then done....