A very unpleasant experience at Norlant Swamps

Fortuno

Now, I myself have doubts if this is a glitch, or perhaps it was intentional. But being literally glued to one spot, while under fire from all the totems available in the map, is not my cup of tea.

Here's the footage:

Now, this very scenario is not impossible to escape from: There are a few ways:

#1-Dying, which is obviously the worst case scenario. (it requires a big amount of magic power and defence to withstand the heat forever)

#2- Using skills. Bd could maybe escape with "Rush", Mage- "Time Warp", Paladin - "Harad's call", Barbarian - "Charge", Rogue - "Elusive Jump" and so on.

#3- Arena. For those who don't have any possibility to use such skills: Arena might be the way. If battles are in high demand, you're in luck. After arena fight, you get approx 20second immunity from mobs, which will allow you to escape the area unhindered. Though, using skills or performing any action while immunity is active, disables it.

Anyways, I'm gonna politely ask to reduce attack speed of the totems, or anything that could prevent players from getting stopped completely.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Fortuno

Otherwise:

#4, get some Soulwandering Potions

#5 wait for those totems to hit spiders. Sometimes, those big red spiders hit towers and that results on them attacking the spider. But even that, requires a bit of luck since you need a red spider to spawn and attack the tower

Hmmm I must correct myself. I forgot that nowadays healing generates an ammount of aggro. So even if spiders attack them, they might keep focusing on you. 

as the guy here said i meet this a lot and die and revive .. to have to use a repair scroll you should die 10 times, if you have a mind you will be able to do it without dying 3 times ( i don't mean any offend )

11 hours ago, Luiz Del Ducca said:

ah boring u had enough time to escape that with all these healing skills and pots... imagine low level players.. they not crying on forum they just die and revive again and continue the journey of warspear.. theres many shamans with totems areas.. u just need chose the correct one take the quest item and run back.. if its hard to you walk with 3 totems attacking u go kronus dungeon its easier 😄

8* totems, 8*, and the problem is, it's not hard to walk, it's hard to move at all. (well, Impossible). And if these low level players don't even mention this, then it doesn't mean I can't.

If I was at least as slow as a snail, I would have been okay with that. Anyways, that's all

11 hours ago, Oopot said:

as the guy here said i meet this a lot and die and revive .. to have to use a repair scroll you should die 10 times, if you have a mind you will be able to do it without dying 3 times ( i don't mean any offend )

Well, I don't die there any more. But come on, getting stuck in one place is never fun. Perhaps I see another problem here too. Self heal causing aggression.

3 hours ago, Fortuno said:

Well, I don't die there any more. But come on, getting stuck in one place is never fun. Perhaps I see another problem here too. Self heal causing aggression.

potions don't agro so just don't heal and use potions. btw every character has it's own way in this quest i a lvl 15 dk my dark shield make the damage 17 only and i can go through them with some health points gone, also my lvl 15 necro do it with nightmare one of them then use shield and run, it would be easy for each character in it's own way, i think swamps are not like other maps where you just need to run around kill something go run again, you should think a while to find your way questing. btw you as a druid i think you can stun them all and go get the stave and stun them again then go to teleport xD

This can be done with nub gear, any heal class should be able to do, let 2 spider spawn and let them attack 2 totem in ur path,even with heal aggro i not seen any issue with get it done, imo its easiest swamp quest, alongside finding mask in chests and will o wisp